noise interference from audio jack and USB
Dec 15, 2016 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

heavyarms

New Head-Fier
Hello headFiers

I have recently upgraded to DT 770 PRO 80 ohms and have been using a Schiit Fulla.  I have been observing noise from my USB ports.  It's irritating when I am not listening to music and have my headphones plugged in.  Any suggestions to get rid of it?

I have tried different USB ports.  Back I/O USB ports and front.  Though the magnitude of interference reduced when I switched to front USB port.  Currently, I am using the USB port on my K70 keyboard.

I could observe noise without the DAC/AMP as well.  The board I am using is Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI which has a dedicated headphone AMP on the board itself and the noise could be observed whenever I used the amp out headphone jack.  The front headphone jack mellows the interference, though.

TIA.

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 4
  I have recently upgraded to DT 770 PRO 80 ohms and have been using a Schiit Fulla.  I have been observing noise from my USB ports.  It's irritating when I am not listening to music and have my headphones plugged in.  Any suggestions to get rid of it?
I have tried different USB ports.  Back I/O USB ports and front.  Though the magnitude of interference reduced when I switched to front USB port.  Currently, I am using the USB port on my K70 keyboard.
I could observe noise without the DAC/AMP as well.  The board I am using is Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI which has a dedicated headphone AMP on the board itself and the noise could be observed whenever I used the amp out headphone jack.  The front headphone jack mellows the interference, though.

Maybe a USB hub, with it's own AC power adapter?

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #3 of 4

Maybe a USB hub, with it's own AC power adapter?

Thanks for responding.  I was thinking about it.  However are any cheap options available for same?

Also I was wondering is it worth to get a Cayin C5D (for $99) and just return the Fulla instead of buying a powered USB hub?

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 4
Apparently when I was using foobar to play using WASPI plugin the noise was significantly lower and could only be heard at above 75-80% on volume dial of Fulla.

I updated the crappy realtek audio drivers to the latest ones and can observe a difference in standalone windows playback too.  Can drivers cause buzzing/hissing sound and also act upon mouse movement or graphics load? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back