Noise Cancelling Headphone recommendations
Mar 2, 2020 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Zyon

New Head-Fier
Greetings everyone

I'm new here and I need some advice on headphones. First I need to explain my problem: I'm searching a very good Headphone with a good sound isolation, not constant noise like airplane motor or things like that, but voices. Yeah, I'm trying to find the perfect Headphone to isolate sound of people talking. The perfect Headphone that transfer you to a world of silence once you put them on (Unless you put some music on of course). I did soome research and I found that headphones with ANC are good to block constant low frequency noises but not very effective on blocking out conversations. So I need a good headphone with passive noise cancelling.

any good ideas? what re the best headphones with passive noise cancelling on the market?

I appreciate any help in this matter.

Mar 2, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 7
IEMs. Etymotic or Shure or Westone come to mind as a good place to start that won’t break the bank.

Mar 2, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 7
IEMs will have the best passive noise isolation. I recommend the Etymotic series if you don't mind a neutral-leaning signature. ANC might not isolate voices as well, but it's still better than without ANC. The best combination of both ANC and PNC would be a TWS with ANC like the Sony Wf-1000XM3, Airpod Pros, etc..

Mar 3, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #5 of 7
IEMs will have the best passive noise isolation. I recommend the Etymotic series if you don't mind a neutral-leaning signature. ANC might not isolate voices as well, but it's still better than without ANC. The best combination of both ANC and PNC would be a TWS with ANC like the Sony Wf-1000XM3, Airpod Pros, etc..

honestly, I think an Ety or Shure will do better in absolute isolation than one of the ANC buds that have poor passive isolation in any situation that isn’t low fequency noise like airplanes. Which is the only place I prefer ANC to IEMs.

Mar 3, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks =D ! I never though IEM would do better than a "Princess Leia's Hair-Style"-Headphone. I'll consider byuing an Etymotic.
Maybe a Combination of Etymotic and an Ear Protection.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #7 of 7
The Ety ER2XR is a good bet if you want a nice dynamic driver with a bit of bass that doesn’t break the bank (about 115 bucks on Amazon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back