Noble Seattle, WA Tour
Aug 12, 2014 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

bangkokkid

Brannan "The Glove" Mason

Noble is pleased to announce the Seattle, WA tour!

Sign-up for the tour will take place this week and the demo package will go out this Friday, August 15th, to the first recipient. In addition to the Noble line of IEMs and CIEMs, the tour will also feature a Chord Hugo and accompanying accessories.

I think it goes without saying that the gear included in this tour is extremely valuable (despite popular belief we do not have an abundance of demo products lying around) and we ask that all gear is properly looked after (and ultimately returned to us). The purpose of the tour is to give those who are genuinely interested in Noble and live in the Seattle or Washington area a chance to demo the Noble line as I was not able to make the latest Seattle meet.

As far as the duration of the tour is concerned, I envision this running right up to the beginning of October at which point we will be gearing back up for a couple of shows.

If you are interested in participating in the tour, please indicate by posting "I intend to participate in the tour and agree to the terms outlined in first post of the thread." below and also your general location in WA (ex. Seattle or Bellingham). Please also indicate which IEMs/CIEMs you are most interested in demoing.

I will personally PM the first person of the tour to obtain their full contact details and after that it is the responsibility of whoever has the demos to contact the next person in line and arrange for suitable postage or alternative arrangements (ex. handing the demos off in person). My idea is to have the demos circulate through the city of Seattle first, before venturing out into other towns/cities in WA.

This thread will be updated with a schedule of tour participants and each participant is subject to approval. Seeing that we are not collecting deposits or anything like that as frankly the deposit would have to be quite large to offset the potential loss of the demos, new or otherwise shady Head-Fi members will not be able to participate.

Last, the time each person has with the demos will be ultimately determined by how many people sign up. If too many people sign up, then those that registered first will be given right to first refusal.

Of course, if I have forgotten anything please let me know. This is going to be a learning experience for us so please cooperate and take care of our stuff!

The rules of engagement are subject to change and tour can end at any moment.

Update: After further discussion with Barra, we have decided to limit the tour to about 12-15 people so that everyone has at least a few days with the demos.

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 70
Tour Instructions:
Each participant will receive the full Noble Audio demo kit on their start date in the table below. Upon receipt, please post a notification in the thread including the condition of the kit. Also, please note how it is packaged so that you can deliver it the same way to the next participant. It is up to each participant to be in contact with and to deliver the demo kit to the next person in time for their start date as there is no room to extend this tour. The demo time frame is based on 4 days each including any required mail time. The last person will be responsible for mailing the kit back to Noble Audio using the prepaid shipping label. Everyone has the opportunity to listen for the full four days if they are willing to deliver the demo kit themselves. Otherwise, participants need to account for mail time or deal with the wrath of the next participant who’s time you shortened. The tour order has been optimized for local hand offs, so hopefully everyone is able to take advantage of their full 4 days. Enjoy!

Important Note: If anyone feels that they cannot fulfill the terms of this tour, please let me know through PM and I will drop you from the list to condense the tour. Otherwise, please PM me to let me know you accept the terms to retain your position. I am looking for a PM from everyone to let me know one way or the other.

Member:
Day of Week:
Barra
Woodinville
08/18/14
Monday
Miceblue
Bellevue
08/22/14
Friday
Alpha421
Bellevue
08/26/14
Tuesday
Ericr
Issaquah
08/30/14
Saturday
TheDukeNY
Issaquah/Seattle
09/03/14
Wednesday
Soundsgoodtome
Seattle
09/07/14
Sunday
Dregur
Seattle
09/11/14
Thursday
7ryder
Seattle
09/15/14
Monday
Earthpeople
Bremerton/Seattle
09/15/14
Monday
AndrewZander
Silverdale
09/19/14 Friday
Poetik
Fife
09/23/14 Tuesday
Barrasr
Bellevue
09/27/14 Saturday
Demo PartyBellevue10/01/14Wednesday
Noble Audio
Ship Back
10/04/14
Saturday

Kit Contents:
The Noble Audio demo kit will contain the following:
  1. CIEM Demos: Full lineup - K10, 8C, 6, FR, PR, 5, 4, 3
  2. Tip Assortment: The kit include an assortment of tips
  3. HUGO: The kit will include the HUGO which is an expensive item. Please be careful.
  4. HUGO Cable Assortment: The kit will include a variety of cables including optical, USB, and USB camera connection kit for iOS devices.
  5. Marketing: The kit comes with marketing materials such as a lineup brochure, stickers, amp bands
  6. Cleaning: There are some included wet wipes and IEM cleaning tools

HUGO Instructions:
To hear the Noble Audio lineup at its best, the HUGO amp/dac has been included in the kit for premium sound quality. For those new to the HUGO, here are a few things you will need to know to prep for the demo:
  1. HUGO Manual: The manual is available at the link below to familiarize yourself with the player.
http://chordelectronics.co.uk/files/Hugo%20manual%20(1).pdf.
  1. HUGO USB Drivers: The HUGO can be played through numerous sources, but requires a driver to connect to a computer through USB. These drivers can be found at the bottom of the product page following the link below and must be installed before the player will work with your computer.
    http://chordelectronics.co.uk/products-info.asp?id=92
  2. HUGO Product Page: For any unanswered questions, the product page is a great place to start.
    http://chordelectronics.co.uk/products-info.asp?id=92
  3. HUGO Troubleshooting: Common issues and resolutions for setting up the HUGO can be found in the HUGO FAQ. 
    http://chordelectronics.co.uk/chord-faq.asp

Reviews:
Honest reviews or simple impressions would be greatly appreciated on any or all of the included demos. Please provide links to your reviews on this thread for easy reference.

Demo Party: (Please PM with Interest)
We started this tour with the intent to host a small demo party at the end for local members that missed the tour. However, trying to include everyone has left us without any time in the end to do so. Therefore, we are looking for tour participant volunteers that are willing to host a weekend party in a central location – Seattle/Bellevue – perhaps at a Starbucks. All we really need is for you to show up with the kit and allow others to listen for an hour or two. Please PM me with interest, and I can help facilitate. Those that missed the tour that are interested in the party should PM me with interest as well so that we can try to accommodate even if it is a one on one meeting. Update: Unless we get slammed last minute with party requests, we currently have the capacity to meet individually with those requesting demos to give them a better chance to hear the lineup in a quiet space. To be added to the list, please PM me.

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 70
If you are interested in participating in the tour, please indicate by posting "I intend to participate in the tour and agree to the terms outlined in first post of the thread." below and also your general location in WA (ex. Seattle or Bellingham). Please also indicate which IEMs/CIEMs you are most interested in demoing.

I intend to participate in the tour and agree to the terms outlined in first post of the thread.

I live in the Bellevue area.

I am most interested in hearing the Noble 8C and Kaiser 10 because a fellow Head-Fier recommended them to me since they suite my music preferences and are comparable to the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor that I am also interested in.

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #5 of 70
Huge thanks for the opportunity.

I intend to participate in the tour and agree to the terms outlined in first post of the thread. I am located in the Bellevue area (aka Eastside).  I'm particularly interested in auditioning the K10, PR, FR, and N6.  Respect towards OPP is my motto.

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #7 of 70

I intend to participate in the tour and agree to the terms outlined in first post of the thread.

I live in Seattle.

I would be most interested in the Noble FR and Noble 3. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #8 of 70
Five quick sign-ups, thanks for the support! We will get this going and probably will kick things off with @Barra as I have been in contact with him for some time now.

Will compile a schedule of participants, shortly.

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #9 of 70
Greetings!

I intend to participate in the tour and agree to the terms outlined in first post of the thread. I live in Silverdale, WA

The models I'm most interested in are the Noble 3, 3W, and 3s.

Thanks,

Andrew

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #10 of 70

I live in Issaquah but work in Seattle. I am most interested in the noble 3 and noble 3c.

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #11 of 70

Thanks for setting this up. I'm most interested in the Noble 6 and Noble FR. The Kaiser 10 would be great too! I'm currently living in Bremerton, working in Seattle, and will be moving to Seattle within the next month.
Also, I realize I'm not very active on Head-Fi anymore as far as posting but I've been around for a while, have always had positive feedback, and have successfully participated in some other demo tours.

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #12 of 70

I'm located in Fife, WA

Also I'm very interested in comparing your kaiser 10 and noble 8c to my Unique melody Merlin and Miracle =)  Also the FR too!!

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #14 of 70
I've meant a few of these fine members at the recent Seattle meet.  Since this audition is very local, I'm open for weekend/evening mini meets in a private/quiet library room, or even at my house - just a thought.

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #15 of 70
I intend to participate in the tour and agree to the terms outlined in first post of the thread. I live in Issaquah, WA (a Seattle suburb).

Noble products I'm most interested in: K10, 8C, 6, 5, and FR.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back