NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Jul 19, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #796 of 928
Just a quick round-up, how many of you have tried changing or already changed the cable for the Savant? If you already changed it, what cable are you using?

I can recommend based on my own experience Linum BaX, Norne Worpal or PlusSound Audio Apolonian. All of them are very nice with Savants.

+1 for the Linum Bax. Use them on my Savant. Does a very good job of smoothing out the sound sig.

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #797 of 928

I do change cables on my all IEM often, but I never experienced such a thing. You?

I only changed a few times and felt them getting looser (not loose at all, just much easier than it was to remove) so stopped. I'm happy with the OEM cable, which is very good quality, very resilient and being used by many other major brands (UM and 64 Audio according to personal experience).

There have been quite a few people complaining of this problem, someone very recently posted on another one of the threads he lost one of his K10 Wizards... So my aversion to cable experiments, I love my K10s 
etysmile.gif

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #798 of 928
  I only changed a few times and felt them getting looser (not loose at all, just much easier than it was to remove) so stopped. I'm happy with the OEM cable, which is very good quality, very resilient and being used by many other major brands (UM and 64 Audio according to personal experience).

There have been quite a few people complaining of this problem, someone very recently posted on another one of the threads he lost one of his K10 Wizards... So my aversion to cable experiments, I love my K10s 
etysmile.gif

Understand your point. My is, that sound improvement worth some try. That is my experience.

Jul 19, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #799 of 928
  I can recommend based on my own experience Linum BaX, Norne Worpal or PlusSound Audio Apolonian. All of them are very nice with Savants.

I'm also looking at Linum (I already own a Linum TRRS)

Quote:
  Just don't forget, if you start experimenting with cables too much, you may loosen the socket and end up with the IEMs falling off the cable. Try to make up your mind and stick with one cable 
biggrin.gif

My 2c, I'm very happy with the stock cable.

Yeah, I had my fair share of cable experimentation, but happy not to get loose sockets. And yes, once I have chosen a cable for my IEMs, it usually stays there for the rest of its life :D 

-------------

Anyone using balanced with the Savant? Looking at a cable that's not too expensive, maybe a Lune MK3 terminated with 2.5mm or a Linum Music or Bax. Getting another Linum TRRS is also a bit expensive. Also looking at either going balanced or not...???

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #802 of 928
I wish more companies offered a straight jack cable like noble, L shape is the most frustrating over hyped connector i have ever used.

Most of the companies, if not all of them, do offer for they custom cables several choices and straight jack is always one of these choices. Usually you can choice between few different types/brands.

Jul 20, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #806 of 928

Don't forget that many sources (if designed as balanced from the outset, especially) sound better from balanced out, regardless of the cable being used. Disclaimer, I'm not an anti-cable guy, I use high quality cables on my stereo setup as well. Just wanted to point this out, comparing balanced vs. unbalanced cables isn't very reliable.

BTW, any new vs. old Savant impressions? The new univ. series was said to be 'retuned' except for the Savant...

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #807 of 928
Don't forget that many sources (if designed as balanced from the outset, especially) sound better from balanced out, regardless of the cable being used. Disclaimer, I'm not an anti-cable guy, I use high quality cables on my stereo setup as well. Just wanted to point this out, comparing balanced vs. unbalanced cables isn't very reliable.

Yes, so far i have auditioned a few daps both in unbalanced and balanced using the same Linum TRRS cable, and to my ears, there's a difference/improvement in SQ. In my case, i can compare the 'same' cable and hear the difference - at least that part is 'reliable' in my case

Jul 28, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #808 of 928

BTW, any new vs. old Savant impressions? The new univ. series was said to be 'retuned' except for the Savant...

Id like to know this as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back