NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Jul 30, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #106 of 928
  Nothing else came to mind when I heard them. Listened to them out of my J3 and most tracks were brighter than I'm used to, even when I use my GR07s. Could be the source, my ears, not really sure. Based on what I heard, it could be glorious-sounding with a warmer source.

The first thing I noticed when I tried the K10's were how much lower tonality was. I also have a J3 and that was what I tested with. So maybe that combo wouldn't be as bright to you. I now have a DX90 and I am waiting for my K10 to test that combo. So maybe a DX90 might help, it seems more mid forward and better clarity over the J3, of curse this is just my opinion.

Jul 30, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #107 of 928
Sorry, not sure if this already came up and I missed it.  Would someone compare the Savants to Etymotic ER4 or HF5 when possible.  I like the balance of the Etymotics, just wish they had a bit more bass and bigger soundstage.  I definitely don't want brighter than Etymotics, not sure if I'd be better off with the Savant or the 4.  Listened to the K10 for a minute and thought they sounded great, very musical and full, detailed without being bright, HUGE soundstage for an IEM which was amazing, but far from neutral.  Can't justify the cost K10 though regardless of how much I like them, haven't heard the 4 or Savant.

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #108 of 928

The first thing I noticed when I tried the K10's were how much lower tonality was. I also have a J3 and that was what I tested with. So maybe that combo wouldn't be as bright to you. I now have a DX90 and I am waiting for my K10 to test that combo. So maybe a DX90 might help, it seems more mid forward and better clarity over the J3, of curse this is just my opinion.

I didn't have them long enough for brain burn-in, either, so that's another consideration. I guess I'm not a reference IEM person - I like equal parts smoothness and detail; the Savants are detail monsters imo, just too much for me at first listen. Maybe they'll sound right from the Geek Wave...whenever it shows up.

Jul 31, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #109 of 928

I didn't have them long enough for brain burn-in, either, so that's another consideration. I guess I'm not a reference IEM person - I like equal parts smoothness and detail; the Savants are detail monsters imo, just too much for me at first listen. Maybe they'll sound right from the Geek Wave...whenever it shows up.

I get the 'too much detail' thing. Savant can be just a little tiring to listen to for long periods of time for some reason...

I can listen to K10 and N4 all day/night on the other hand.

Jul 31, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #110 of 928
  Which Noble models have a smoother, more laid-back sound? I heard the Savants today and they were too bright and sibilant for me. I loved the level of detail, but I'd sacrifice some of that for zero fatigue. My ears are a bit sensitive, I guess.

you can also try Hifiman RE-600

great sound for a 199$ , and it is detailed yet more laid-back

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #111 of 928
Hi all - just posted my review, and special thanks to Mark and Noble for giving me the opportunity to spend time with the Savant.

As far as short impressions go - probably easiest to post a couple of excerpts from the review .....

What I’m subjectively hearing is an extremely clear and vivid mid-range, with good rendering of detail, and relatively subdued low end with quite a bit of roll-off from the mid-bass to the sub-bass. The mid-range has the most focus, but (for me anyway) there is just enough mid-bass to feel that the overall signature lacks very little (only really the very low bass is really subdued). People who enjoy a bassier signature may not likely feel fulfilled with the Savant.

The Noble Savant has an RRP of $599 and for what it brings to the table in terms of overall package, and especially the mid-range tuning, I don’t regard the asking price as being excessive. When I first heard the Savant, and marvelled at its glorious mid-range, I know that in the back of my mind I was pondering what I could sell in order to purchase a pair. Fortunately after critical listening and comparison I may have tempered my initial reaction a little (especially after comparison with the 2000J).  However the Savant is a superbly built and sonically brilliant IEM, and I do feel it is worth its asking price. 

Well my 10 days with the Savant are now up, and I’d like to profusely thank John, Brannan, and d Marc0 for giving me the opportunity to put them through their paces.  It has been an absolute privilege to spend time with them.

The Noble Savant is an extremely well built and designed IEM with a vivid and compelling mid-range – which IMO is one of the best I’ve heard with female vocals. It is very detailed, very clear, and images superbly. Its sonic weakness is in bass extension – but there is enough mid-bass impact to counter this to a certain extent.

The Savant is a joy to fit, and isolates superbly – and the one personal negative I have is with the cable (microphonics) – but this is simply a matter of swapping an alternate cable out – so not a major issue.

On the value stakes, the Savant, while not cheap, does justify its price IMO as an overall package.

I mentioned above that I would comment on the drivers – and this is just my guess. The speed and vividness of the mid-range reminds me very much of a far better tuned Fischer DBA2. The lack of overall bass extension, and subsequent roll-off also points to having no dedicated bass driver – so my guess for configuration would be a dual BA set-up.  I guess time will tell how close I am.

Finally, I will add that John’s “Wizard” nickname is well given.  The driver tuning on the Savant is truly exquisite. I wish I could keep these.

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #112 of 928
  Hi all - just posted my review, and special thanks to Mark and Noble for giving me the opportunity to spend time with the Savant.

As far as short impressions go - probably easiest to post a couple of excerpts from the review .....

Excellent review Brooko! Thank you for joining the tour.

I truly have the same admiration for the Savant midrange.
As for the sub-bass, I personally hear sufficient quantity because as a Noble 4 owner I hear the difference and the Savant definitely digs a bit deeper.
I guess I'm really used to relatively neutral sounding IEMs like the Noble 4, Noble PR, Stagediver 2, and Brainwavz R3.

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #113 of 928
a comparison with the K3003 would be most welcome.

Aug 4, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #116 of 928
  a comparison with the K3003 would be most welcome.

Now you know I'm probably the only one with both and I've said my piece on the K3003 thread. You're just going to have to try them for yourself.....
wink_face.gif
. I apologise for your wallet already....

regards,

Giles

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #118 of 928
Heya, just want to update that i have received the savant from Brooko, will enjoy them for the next 10 days :)

Cheers

Looking forward to your impressions mate!

Happy listening.

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #120 of 928
  Hi guys, I have noticed that the universal Savant's performance improves substantially the deeper they're inserted. Not necessarily in the bass frequency but more on the imaging, separation, and depth in the midrange. The key is to find the tips that'll allow you to go deeper; this varies from one person to another so keep on tip-rolling until you attain the magic that the Savant can offer. Remember, patience is a virtue...

Hi all,

If you don't have a perfect fit for Savant yet, you might try reverse the double flange tips.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back