NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Oct 27, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #452 of 928
Thanks for the review @svyr . 
I agree with most of your comments except the fit and comfort, after fiddling a while I got the memory wire so that it doesn't bother me. I also find complys to provide good comfort and isolation, but my favourites are spiral dots and fitear double flanges.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #453 of 928
I'd really like to try the spiral dots but not sure which size is a fit for me.  too bad they dont sell a mixed size pack.  i currently use the blue inner tips i got with the iems.  medium?

also the red inside tips are a decent fit, what size would they be in the spiral dots?

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #454 of 928
  I'd really like to try the spiral dots but not sure which size is a fit for me.  too bad they dont sell a mixed size pack.  i currently use the blue inner tips i got with the iems.  medium?

also the red inside tips are a decent fit, what size would they be in the spiral dots?

Biggest tips are equal to L size of Spiral dots. I will take some pictures tomorrow in day light as comparison. I have SD tips rigt now and I can recommend them.They fit well and comfortably.

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #455 of 928
So after some waiting finally I collect my Savant`s at my parents house. I got home and now I do listen. My impressions are still very, very fresh, but ......................... Holly Molly! These earphones are pure revelation. Honestly I was surprised, when I read, that there are just two drivers IEM. But boys ( and girls ) who care? These earphones sounds like they have hidden whole orchestra inside.
My journey begin with Apple earbuds, then VSonic, Fidue and some other IEM where was Wizard involved in the past. I confess, I did not heard much, but I can honestly say I hear enough. I do know, that this is not my final station, but to move from here ... That will be hard and long search.

I like to say thank you to Wizard for these truly astonishing earphones and big thank you to Brannan, who arrange safe shipment to my hands. Thank you guys.

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #456 of 928

Biggest tips are equal to L size of Spiral dots. I will take some pictures tomorrow in day light as comparison. I have SD tips rigt now and I can recommend them.They fit well and comfortably.

I use the blue inner tips that came with the savants, are those Medium or MediumLarge (ML) or Large equivalent of the spirals?  I noticed they have a ML version too which only makes the entire process harder to decide.  Really wish they sold a M/ML/L kit so people could figure it out without buying all 3.

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #457 of 928
mmm, so I'm really impressed with the tuning. Especially given they incorporate the feedback provided for N4 and are better than N4 at least for my liking

Sound-wise - Very very impressive u shapedish iem. I wouldn't call them neutral but they are balanced in the sense that there are no usual offensive mid bass, or 5 or 7 or 8-10k peaks. I usually look for a sweet enough but still crisp and detailed mids, prominent but crisp bass and sub-bass, no mid bass bloat and extended but not sharp highs and that's what it is... so to me it is balanced.

Nicely accentuated /detailed mids(with what I fell is the right amount of warmth, perhaps very )slightly to lush on some tracks. The detail retrieval is on par with Altone a350 and H300 mids if not better. However, noble mids are probably a bit sweeter if not a bit too much at times for some tracks (or they just highlight it on tracks that already have it in it. e.g. this)
With the highs being tuned to the point of just right for me (a bit less, it'd sound dull, a bit more and they'll start sizzling a bit). If you have a bit hearing and HF hearing loss you might find them a touch
dim but for those of us that are sensitive to sharp treble peaks - they're just right.
The balance/gradient between sub-bass and bass and mid bass is almost perfect (sub>bass>mid bass) and the feeling of decay and speed and impact are all at a level of a well tuned hybrid IEMs dynamic driver to my liking. No bloat anywhere and very easy to appreciate bass texture for anything from piano to drums to double bass to bass guitar for NS (I usually give these 4 tracks a spin to get an idea oh well things are in this department this1, this2, this3, this4

UNEQed (!!) I like it more than (T-Peos) h300 \ a350 EQed. NS puts a smile on my face whether it's acoustic, rock, pop, metal, dubstep or violin or piano+ orchestra :O. (with A350 EQed you can notice the bass decay and amount is a bit out of shape (too much of both) and the mids and highs are not quite as refined)
The bass(uneqed) with proper seal makes me smile even after h300 /a350.

The only negatives would probably be
a) Overally NS is probably a bit forward and sweetsounding with not the biggest soundstage at times. It might be a bit fatiguing for the same reason (nothing's stopping me from turning it down but enjoying it too much loud)
b) too expensive for 2ba (?) (that said I've heard much worse and outright poorly tuned 3-4-6-8 driver IEMs so perhaps there's no issue here)
c) horribly uncomfortable for me (unnecessarily large). I can only wear then down (as per one of the pics) and only get a seal with comply tips . (they should include some comply tips and a cable with a longer strain relief memory wire and make a smaller universal mold)
d) build quality wise I'm not quite sure how to stack it against bullet shaped titanium body IEMs =)
e) dislike the cable (like the small plug, dislike the memory wire). no included shirt clip :/?

long story short, I'd probably consider getting a custom of these if I had a spare kidney to sell. Hats off to 'Dr John' , would definitely like to hear K10 at some point to see what the flagship is like to compare

I'm quite surprised that you prefer the Savant over the H300 and a350 EQed. I would've thought that was your ultimate sound preference. I do agree with your take on how balanced sounding the Savants are. To me, they are actually close to my ultimate sound preference that I don't feel the need to use EQ.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #458 of 928

I use the blue inner tips that came with the savants, are those Medium or MediumLarge (ML) or Large equivalent of the spirals?  I noticed they have a ML version too which only makes the entire process harder to decide.  Really wish they sold a M/ML/L kit so people could figure it out without buying all 3.

Here is comparison between NA stock tips and Spiral Dots Size L. It seems, that L=L. I found on eBay seller, who is able ship just one pair of tips you will choose, so you can make mix based on your needs. SD tips are slightly softer than stock tips and based on my experience, better fit. At least to my ears.

Oct 29, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #462 of 928
My initial impressions are positive.
As a ashamed bass head, I feel I probably couldn't own these exclusively as my only pair of iems, however they have a magical tuning.  I find them addictive.

There is something in the I dunno, 3.5k-4k area that can make things get a bit eye twitchy on some of my heavier music, when i EQ this down slightly it helps on such tracks (Think Pantera etc).
However if I leave this eq in place, they loose their magic, so I decided to just leave them without EQ and steer clear of such tunes haha.

Listening to The Corrs Unplugged, Cat Stevens, Nora, Yvette Young, Gipsy Kings, Alice in Chains unplugged, David Gray, heck even Ed Sheeran, these are just so so enjoyable.

I will not get much of a chance to listen to these over the next 2 days (Taking the wifey to Melbourne for dinner and to see the Lion King Stage Show for our Anniversary, then will be on daddy day care duties the following day, so hearing is a must haha).

But I will put some serious time down and get some notes together.

Really liking them as I say, but if I were to buy it would be a complimentary purchase, not my staple.

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #463 of 928
As a ashamed bass head, I feel I probably couldn't own these exclusively as my only pair of iems, however they have a magical tuning.  I find them addictive.

There is something in the I dunno, 3.5k-4k area that can make things get a bit eye twitchy on some of my heavier music, when i EQ this down slightly it helps on such tracks (Think Pantera etc).
However if I leave this eq in place, they loose their magic, so I decided to just leave them without EQ and steer clear of such tunes haha.

Listening to The Corrs Unplugged, Cat Stevens, Nora, Yvette Young, Gipsy Kings, Alice in Chains unplugged, David Gray, heck even Ed Sheeran, these are just so so enjoyable.

I will not get much of a chance to listen to these over the next 2 days (Taking the wifey to Melbourne for dinner and to see the Lion King Stage Show for our Anniversary, then will be on daddy day care duties the following day, so hearing is a must haha).

Really liking them as I say, but if I were to buy it would be a complimentary purchase, not my staple.

Thanks for sharing mate.

Was the Savant driven straight from the Alien? I was wondering if you've tried other sources because from what I've heard the Alien is quite forward sounding which results to much clarity and detail. But definitely the Savant has some emphasis in the upper mids.

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #464 of 928
Thanks for sharing mate.

Was the Savant driven straight from the Alien? I was wondering if you've tried other sources because from what I've heard the Alien is quite forward sounding which results to much clarity and detail. But definitely the Savant has some emphasis in the upper mids.

Yeah absolutely agree. I am looking to hopefully try them with a warmer source before my time with them is through.

Sadly the alien is currently my most laid back source, with my other dac being the cozoy aegis which is brighter again (due to my iems being quite dark)

Would love to try the cayin n5 or the like with them

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #465 of 928

I very much agree. Not an only one iem, but what they do, they do well. I love to listen to guitar jazz, instrumental, and vocal with these. Everything sounds so clean and detailed without being fatiguing.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back