Noble owners: Have you found better eartips?
Feb 5, 2017 at 8:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Todd R

Headphoneus Supremus
I love my Noble IEM's but finding a good eartip is my goal.
Of the supplied tips, only the largest grey tip with the red bore works out. I have bought some Comply tips, which sort of work, but are hard to install and still don't t feel totally secure. Plus if you don't do it right, the material can fold over the bores, and they don't last that long.
I can't insert them as far as I'd like since the housing is so large.
Anyone found tips that work out better?

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #3 of 22
Every ear is different so I guess only you can find out what works for you.
Putting tips over the nozzle can be a difficult task I found out this is the case on Noble universals depending of the tip.
You might get more answers asking this in the Noble thread.

There is a tip thread also http://www.head-fi.org/t/626895/best-iem-tips
I know there is a new Sony tips that have the shape of the old Sony hybrids and is made of a similar material as the Comply foam, maybe this can work out for you.

Feb 13, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 22
Thanks for the "tips" 
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #5 of 22
Thanks for the "tips" :D

Spiral Dot tips made by JVC and another new type of tip called Spin Fit have been doing the rounds for a while. However, if you were to search my posts those grey/red stem tips you mentioned are one of my all time favourite when bassically stationary. Not so much for an active lifestyle.

Keep in mind those tips aren't made for deep insertion, just inside the outer canal somewhat.

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #6 of 22
Spiral Dot tips made by JVC and another new type of tip called Spin Fit have been doing the rounds for a while. However, if you were to search my posts those grey/red stem tips you mentioned are one of my all time favourite when bassically stationary. Not so much for an active lifestyle.

Keep in mind those tips aren't made for deep insertion, just inside the outer canal somewhat.

I have some Spiral Dot Tips on order. The grey/red stem tips are just barely staying in my ears. I tried out the large size of comply "isolation" tips and they killed off too much of the sound. So far the medium comply "comfort" tips with the rounded shape seem to be working out the best. Looking forward to the Spirals. 

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #8 of 22
Got some Spin Fit tips today. Nice idea, but the large (CP 100 L) Just barely stay in my ears. The spiral dots are also looser than I would like. The search continues. 

Mar 12, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #9 of 22
Ah Ha!
I noticed my One More buds were also a the same size bore as my Nobles (~ 6mm) and come with a lot of tips. 
The foam tips with the One More are a much denser foam and they worked great on the Noble phones! 
Yay!

Mar 12, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #10 of 22
I also have had a tough time finding the right tips for my ears with the encores. None of the supplied tips worked that well for me. When I first got them I was actually pretty disappointed because even though I could get seals with some of the stock tips, there wasn't enough for me to really get good bass.

Ive tried spiral dots, just tried spinfits today, but neither one of them have quite given me enough isolation to really keep all of the bass in. What has been best for me are the large Rebound foam tips from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01H6IF1D4/ref=yo_ii_pd_dx_mr_1?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01H6IF1D4&pd_rd_r=KV4YVHBGM7NC6JTWEB7P&pd_rd_w=AiBtQ&pd_rd_wg=TEinm&psc=1&refRID=KV4YVHBGM7NC6JTWEB7P). Complys were also pretty good. I like the rebounds more because their foam is a little bit more like shire olives in that it is denser and squishier and has a more durable coating on the outside, so they are lasting longer. They're also cheaper than comply, which is nice :)

Sep 5, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #12 of 22
Sep 5, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #13 of 22
I was having horrible siblance with my lyra II's until I tried the final audio type e tips And they did the trick. They also fit great for use with my Noble 4's as well.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #14 of 22
The stock Noble tips work pretty well for me. That said, I have been experimenting of late with different tips on my Bell and Velvet. I found that Final tips a size smaller than what I usually use gives an effect similar to dual flange tips without the ear irritation: less bass, more mids, larger soundstage, and more treble “air”. “Normal” sized Final tips don’t have a large sonic effect other than more comfort. Spiral dots give me a bit too much bass. Spinfits, like Comply tips, don’t work well for me, no matter the application. Spinfits irritated my ears. Comply tips suck the life out of everything. As always YMMV...

May 11, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #15 of 22
Hey Todd, I’m a couple years late to this thread. I’ve got a pair of noble kaisers and can’t get them to stay in my ears with any of the tips included. Did you ever get any satisfaction with yours? Any advice would be appreciated. Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back