Noble Django, A6, JH 13v2 pro...or somthing else?
Jan 25, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #16 of 28
Ahh I see. I had the SE846 too and I digged the white filter. I changed to K10 and found it to be a good upgrade, although the lower mids is much thinner than the 846. Or rather, 846 has a slightly muddy transition from bass to mids. You might not get used to the even brighter Encore.
You might wanna take a look at Unique Melody Miracle if you want good vocals and a matching bass and treble. If budget isn't an issue, you can always go for the tia Forte.

Jan 25, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #17 of 28
I understand your pain of not being able to use universals, a few of my friends have that issue too.
ME1 DOES have a ciem option. Perhaps you can check with their customer service. However ME1's is definitely leaner than Vega's.
I have heard Vega, and it sounds pretty different with different sources. Do you remember what source did you try the vega with? I'm asking cuz I wanna have a better idea of the kind of bass you like. On a phone output it sounds pretty flat and the bass is subpar, but on a better source such as the ALO continental, it sounds deep and the bass is very overwhelming.

I used my dragonfly red and I think he had a chord mojo. It was about a week ago so I can’t remember as many specifics about its signature, other than I loved how it handled the low end.

Jan 25, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #18 of 28
I see. Vega is the most bassy flagship IEM. It is described as L shaped for having such a strong yet tight bass response when properly driven. I doubt any CIEM even come close in terms of bass output. You might like the sound of UM martian, a hybrid with a dynamic bass driver. Or you might wanna give the new Empire Ears hybrids a try. They will be announced soon and from early impressions, these sound pretty good.

Jan 25, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #19 of 28
those hybrids sound like a great option, I just emailed empire ears...hope I can get in touch with them!

Jan 26, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #20 of 28
I understand your pain of not being able to use universals, a few of my friends have that issue too.
ME1 DOES have a ciem option. Perhaps you can check with their customer service. However ME1's is definitely leaner than Vega's.
I have heard Vega, and it sounds pretty different with different sources. Do you remember what source did you try the vega with? I'm asking cuz I wanna have a better idea of the kind of bass you like. On a phone output it sounds pretty flat and the bass is subpar, but on a better source such as the ALO continental, it sounds deep and the bass is very overwhelming.

Thanks for all the help, I just wanted to let you know that after months of research I have decided to pull the trigger on the 64 audio A8. I really wanted to get something from Empire Ears, but I could not get a hold of anyone after calling and e-mailing a few times, so I had to go with 64 audio. I also was really interested in the Unique Melody, but they didn't have a great presence in the US and I was having a hard time dealing with placing orders.

This dude: https://audioprimate.blog/2017/11/14/64-audio-u8-bass-over-apex/ also seemed to have a really thorough review, but made me wish I'd been able to try the Empire Ears.

Thanks for the help, I'll let you know how it turns out

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #22 of 28
I see. Vega is the most bassy flagship IEM. It is described as L shaped for having such a strong yet tight bass response when properly driven. I doubt any CIEM even come close in terms of bass output. You might like the sound of UM martian, a hybrid with a dynamic bass driver. Or you might wanna give the new Empire Ears hybrids a try. They will be announced soon and from early impressions, these sound pretty good.
Umm bassier vs Ei.XX?

Btw congrats OP on your 64audio A8.. Trust you’ll be happy with your decision. I listened to A8 at last year canjam, it’s fun and effortless phones. Apex tech almost eliminates that odd pressure sensation when wearing iems, adding extra comfort factor.

Let us know your impression later :wink:

Jan 29, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #23 of 28
Umm bassier vs Ei.XX?

Btw congrats OP on your 64audio A8.. Trust you’ll be happy with your decision. I listened to A8 at last year canjam, it’s fun and effortless phones. Apex tech almost eliminates that odd pressure sensation when wearing iems, adding extra comfort factor.

Let us know your impression later :wink:

Thanks for making me feel good about the purchase. Today I actually got 2 e-mails, one from Empire Ears telling me that, yes, in response to your question a week ago we are releasing a line of hybrid CIEMs, would you like to hear more?

And another from Noble offering me 15% off.

Both e-mails made me feel like I kind of made a bad decision, then I read your post and felt a bit better.

Will totally let you know my impressions.

Jan 29, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #24 of 28
Don’t worry you’ll be ok. A8 is exactly what you’ve described, full and not metallic. You’ll like it :).

Edit: you’ll also appreciate its soundstage, almost speakers-like.

I tried EE lineup before, not exactly my cup of tea. They tend to be too bright for my taste (my ears are quite sensitive to treble). Not sure about their hybrid though.

Problem with hybrid is coherence. I’ve AAW W500, hybrid CIEM, excellent in entire frequency range. But sometimes feel too ‘stuffy’ on busy passages.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #25 of 28
Damn you sound like you have my ears. I can't handle bright noise, I'm no bass-head, but I prefer me a fuller sound.

I didn't even look at the AAW, but I love hybrid drivers. What do you use to drive your CIEMs? I'm thinking about investing in a Mojo, but I hate stacking those amps.

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #26 of 28
iPhone and Custom Art FIBAE2 as my daily driver . At home i use AK100ii and AAW W500. Ei.XX used to be my gym and gaming IEM, until I lost it in an accident :frowning2:.

Anyways, if you want another CIEM, check out Custom Art’s FIBAE line. Its frequency response really source agnostic it simplifies your stack. Over those days of bulky DAP-AMP stack.

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #27 of 28
iPhone and Custom Art FIBAE2 as my daily driver . At home i use AK100ii and AAW W500. Ei.XX used to be my gym and gaming IEM, until I lost it in an accident :frowning2:.

Anyways, if you want another CIEM, check out Custom Art’s FIBAE line. Its frequency response really source agnostic it simplifies your stack. Over those days of bulky DAP-AMP stack.

I think those Fibrae are next for me, did you get syllicone? I actually almost got those too, but they didn’t seem to have a US address and I didn’t want to deal with international shipping.

Oh man I hate breaking headphones in the gym, I had a pair of Klipsch x10i that I crushed between weight plates. I was so sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back