Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 23, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #33,646 of 36,038
Vision Ears Phonix as compared to the Noble Audio Sultan: 13 BA versus DD/4 BA/2 Estat

The two of them share a similar amount of clarity and warmth. They have both. That is what makes each special to me. Warm and clear. Just the right amount of fluid to keep the flow clear.

The amount of bass is similar as how impactful they are to the overall sound and with a mid and sub bass focus. The Sultan bass is obviously DD with a slower attack vs the BA tightness of the Phonix bass.

The notes on the Sultan are a tiny bit thicker. The notes on the Sultan as I have said before have a little fun halo around them. That decreases the exact timbre of a live performance but increases the enjoyment of the notes. Both have a W shape to me. The Phonix W sound is extremely coherent. Fun is had all around. The Sultan W has a bass and treble bump.

Once again, the Phonix wins on overall texture and realistic fun. The Sultan wins on thick analogue sound with surreal Opium den fun. The Phonix is already put together and mature. The Sultan is a little rough around the edges in a good way. Each one gives me goose bumps at times with how well they do what they do.

Dec 24, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #33,647 of 36,038
Really enjoying the FoKus pro it a fantastic wireless earphone..one question with the equaliser in the app can you delete or amend (save again without setting up a new new one) personalised presets I can not see how this can be done ...

Dec 26, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #33,648 of 36,038
Really enjoying the FoKus pro it a fantastic wireless earphone..one question with the equaliser in the app can you delete or amend (save again without setting up a new new one) personalised presets I can not see how this can be done ...
yeah, you can I tried it out in the personalized pick the one you made then on the top right-hand corn there's the custom button. from there adjust the settings and click save as name the preset and save it. Got my Fokus pros in today so far loving them I just wish the price in Tokyo wasn't so high otherwise I'd probably get one for my friend for her birthday coming up next month. if it was 43,000yen i think it woulda been ok but 50,000-55,000yen? I had to really think about it, but because of corona and how it affected the shipping etc, i guess i see why the steep price hike. Regardless I'm still happy with my purchase. The bass has a wider range like i can hear the thumping all around vs the falcon pro was hitting one particular spot in the lower bass end. my best description between the 2 when it comes to the bass is the falcon pro would be a small subwoofer that you're just listening to. The fokus pro is a big subwoofer your standing in the middle of hearing the bass surrounding you but it's not overpowering its just right but you can hear the tumping across the whole spectrum of the track. yet you can clearly hear vocals with the rest of the instruments. If I was to reimagine it would be you have a stage that's sitting on a subwoofer pumping the bass while the vocalist sits there singing while being surrounded by the band pumping the sound to where you can feel the noise pumping through stems of the Fokus pro. Mr. Wizard could we get alternate colors for the Fokus Pro? maybe red faceplates instead? id happily buy 2 of those

Dec 26, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #33,649 of 36,038
Sound is subject

The objective comparison
Results would show that the sultan is made from metal not acrylic/plastic.

In short, the housing is built to last
The Sultan is really a sturdy and beautiful IEM…
In your opinion…
How many hours of burn in is necessary for this IEM?
What cable suit it better than stock in the sub 1000USD realm?

Dec 27, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #33,652 of 36,038
The Sultan is really a sturdy and beautiful IEM…
In your opinion…
How many hours of burn in is necessary for this IEM?
What cable suit it better than stock in the sub 1000USD realm?
I can talk to cables with Sultan. The Sultan is one of those IEMs that responds well to cables in a way that any type of cable will work with it. Some IEMs need a specific cable like Odin (warm cable) and some do not change a lot with different cables (Phonix). The Sultan is like EXT that it can handle different cable flavors. It just depends what you want to do with the Sultan sound. A silver cable will tame it and a warm cable will let it be free. I have settled with a warm cable (1960 2 wire). I like that it stays free to be wild. The 1960 4 wire made it too tame and too much of the Sultan personality was lost. For me that is. Even though the 1960 4 wire is copper it tends to provide clarity more than warmth.

Dec 28, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #33,653 of 36,038
Coming soon wallet destroyer.. Damascus and V.. :upside_down:
https://www.facebook.com/ECTHK/photos/a.191039164279532/4880566101993458/
268950957_4880566095326792_6643284665016132119_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back