Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 7, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #32,012 of 36,036
Yes and no

In theory, because the Kaiser uses balanced armature drivers, the housing shouldn't have much of an impact. This is due to the fact that balanced armature drivers are essentially self contained speakers.

That said, the tube lengths may be different and or the sound bore length may be different causing the insertion depth to be different

That could impact the sound, for the better or for the worse depending on the judge.

Ultimately I can not say with any assurance that there will or will not be a percievalble change in the sound quality.

thank you for the explanation .. will contact you soon about the reshell via email ..

Feb 7, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #32,013 of 36,036
Sold

1 of 1​

Screenshot_20200207-235931_LINE.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 8, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #32,014 of 36,036
thank you for the explanation .. will contact you soon about the reshell via email ..

Well in alot of iems like the jomo trinity there is a distinct sound difference between the stainless steel and the coppar housing despite the internals being the same. And many reports that the acryllic k10 and the aliminium sounding different too. And I can confirm that k10U aliminium doesnt sound as smooth as people reported that the k10U acryllic did.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #32,015 of 36,036
Well in alot of iems like the jomo trinity there is a distinct sound difference between the stainless steel and the coppar housing despite the internals being the same. And many reports that the acryllic k10 and the aliminium sounding different too. And I can confirm that k10U aliminium doesnt sound as smooth as people reported that the k10U acryllic did.

Both versions of the Trinity have acrylic housings. The stainless steel and brass elements are in the nozzle. Given the fact that they come after the sound tubes, it would make sense that they’d affect the sound in some acoustic way. Even then, the difference is actually very subtle. Having heard both extensively and looked at measurements from Jomo themselves, the variances are a dB or two at best.

I’m among those who’ve reported differences between the acrylic and metal K10’s, and it’s very possible that it’s because of the fit and/or seal. It’s worth noting that aside from a chassis change, the metal K10 is shaped differently than the acrylic one too. So, it’s not out of the question that those differences have come about due to a difference in fit, rather than chassis material.

Feb 8, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #32,016 of 36,036
Both versions of the Trinity have acrylic housings. The stainless steel and brass elements are in the nozzle. Given the fact that they come after the sound tubes, it would make sense that they’d affect the sound in some acoustic way. Even then, the difference is actually very subtle. Having heard both extensively and looked at measurements from Jomo themselves, the variances are a dB or two at best.

I’m among those who’ve reported differences between the acrylic and metal K10’s, and it’s very possible that it’s because of the fit and/or seal. It’s worth noting that aside from a chassis change, the metal K10 is shaped differently than the acrylic one too. So, it’s not out of the question that those differences have come about due to a difference in fit, rather than chassis material.

i think i agree with the fitting factor is what make this two iem different . but to be fair i love both of them in the same amount .. the sound signature is really magic at both them, in my opinion

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #32,017 of 36,036
Just putting my newly acquired Encore Universals in. Now this is what I've been looking for. A perfectly balanced sound with sweet, detailed highs with no sibilance whatsoever. Working well with an Electro Acousti Cu/AgAu 8W cable and Spinfit CP240. Once I get settled into this sound, I'll start cable and tip rolling. Tried the Effect Audio Ares 8W - not a good partnership - neutral, cool but still detailed. Will try some copper cables - the Tux5 8W will be next.

Looks like my Empire Ears ESRs will be up for sale.

Hats off to the Noble team......

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #32,018 of 36,036
Just putting my newly acquired Encore Universals in. Now this is what I've been looking for. A perfectly balanced sound with sweet, detailed highs with no sibilance whatsoever. Working well with an Electro Acousti Cu/AgAu 8W cable and Spinfit CP240. Once I get settled into this sound, I'll start cable and tip rolling. Tried the Effect Audio Ares 8W - not a good partnership - neutral, cool but still detailed. Will try some copper cables - the Tux5 8W will be next.

Glad you love them so much! What are you jamming to now?

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #32,019 of 36,036
The entire Level 42 back catalogue is where I usually start with a new pair of IEMs because I'm so familiar with the music. Other stuff like the Beatport series, Defected releases, Hot Chip, Goldfrapp and Tame Impala. Basically just setting random play on all tracks!

Feb 17, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #32,022 of 36,036
Oh... just warming up

please stop, my eyes can't it anymore that is too much beauty :) to handle

ok that is it, I will have to ask how much does reshelling a universal khan to something like this cost.

Feb 17, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #32,023 of 36,036

noble audio are masters in tuning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back