Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 11, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #31,711 of 35,958
I decided to send in my Katana to a third party for a reshell into a CIEM because the universal simply wouldn't fit me and I didn't have the bucks for the prestige treatment

The bass I'd say has remained the standard Katana bass, not much of a change there, but the treble has been elevated significantly compared to the stock universal model. I also got a lot more instrumental separation, detail retrieval and a generally higher level of technicality.

All in all it's a matter of how well the IEMs fit, and the seal that you achieve with universals. Customs will always have a deeper insertion though, and that generally gives you better response on both ends

Also, I realise my Katana isn't original Noble material so to say, as third party reshells can have some adverse effects on the sound, but in my specific case I absolutely loved the end result. Attaching some photos of the ItsFit/Noble Katana :)

Mate...this design... is just jaw dropping. I want it. :)

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #31,712 of 35,958
Screenshot_20191211-172246_Chrome.jpg

One adverse effect is voiding the warranty

Screenshot_20191211-172616_Google.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 11, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #31,713 of 35,958

One adverse effect is voiding the warranty

Yeahhh but the only alternative really was selling my universal as they simply didn't fit my ears :frowning2:

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #31,714 of 35,958
Yeahhh but the only alternative really was selling my universal as they simply didn't fit my ears :frowning2:

And .....because they didn’t fit, you truly didn’t know what they sounded like.

But.....now you love em!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #31,716 of 35,958
And .....because they didn’t fit, you truly didn’t know what they sounded like.

But.....now you love em!
I’ve been rediscovering them in the past two days and loving it!

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #31,717 of 35,958
I think the obvious solution here is to offer universal -> custom reshelling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #31,718 of 35,958
I’ve been rediscovering them in the past two days and loving it!
And if you didn't love the sound, although you feel you are getting the same sound Noble intended, you were going to sell them as a re-shelled Katana? If in the remote chance you have issues, who are you going to send them to for service? Itisfit or Noble?

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #31,719 of 35,958
And if you didn't love the sound, although you feel you are getting the same sound Noble intended, you were going to sell them as a re-shelled Katana? If in the remote chance you have issues, who are you going to send them to for service? Itisfit or Noble?
The moment itsfit performs the surgery any future servicing of the Katana would be done by them

If I’m to sell them I’ll be abundantly clear that they have no warranty and that itsfit reshelled them - I’ve sold stuff with defects or quirks in the past (namely the Khan), and the buyer was completely informed of said issues

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #31,720 of 35,958

Most of us are 10s of thousands of dollars out on a limb. We all took a chance at happiness. :)

Dec 11, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #31,721 of 35,958
Most of us are 10s of thousands of dollars out on a limb. We all took a chance at happiness. :)
I agree - even if it didn’t turn out the way I wanted them to, or they got completely messed up in the process it’s part of the risk i was happy to take

Itsfit absolutely killed it and I will most likely be sending them a legend X for reshell as well

To add to that, the sockets that itsfit use are absolute world class and I can happily be the cable rolling lunatic that I already am

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #31,722 of 35,958
I thought the same thing, until I got the rights tips and seal. If they are not inserted deep enough, they can sound thin. I am super treble sensitive, and absolutely hate a thin sound signature, and in fact I like it warmer and thicker than anyone I know. Once I got a really good seal and fit with the right tips, and got a warm cable, the K10U became my endgame sound signature, and are miles away from sounding thin.

What are you using to drive them?

I have a very good seal with my symbio tips , I have tried comply tips aswell but that seemed to muffle them abit too much and made them much less technical . Im driving them with a chord mojo to provide some needed warmth relaxing tone to them

Do u have any good tips or cable to recommend to make them sound smoother.

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #31,723 of 35,958
They are definitely detailed but I don't find them bright. The mid forward keeps them from being too analytical to my ears. I say mid forward but it's done naturally and suits a lot of the music I listen to perfectly.

I find them mid forward too but in the uppder midrange, like its shouting the details a little too much. Combined with the hotter treble makes them hard to listen to for longer periods.

Any ideas how I can make them sound a little more natural.

I heard that custom k10 and the k10u has a smoother sound than the k10ua that is brighter.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #31,724 of 35,958
I have a very good seal with my symbio tips , I have tried comply tips aswell but that seemed to muffle them abit too much and made them much less technical . Im driving them with a chord mojo to provide some needed warmth relaxing tone to them

Do u have any good tips or cable to recommend to make them sound smoother.
The Effect Audio Ares II cable, helped a little bit with making the treble smoother. I will be taking delivery of the Effect Audio Maestro tomorrow, and can report back on that cable pairing. The cable that really did the trick with smoothing the treble, has been my Norne Audio Therium. The Therium is an older discontinued flagship pure silver litz cable, but can be found often in the classifieds. I can't recommend that cable enough, as it really brought the perfect amount of warmth to the treble, without any loss in detail. With the K10U, I have really been able to hear differences with cable rolling, and highly recommend giving it a shot if you want to slightly tweak the sound.

Dec 11, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #31,725 of 35,958
I agree - even if it didn’t turn out the way I wanted them to, or they got completely messed up in the process it’s part of the risk i was happy to take

Itsfit absolutely killed it and I will most likely be sending them a legend X for reshell as well

To add to that, the sockets that itsfit use are absolute world class and I can happily be the cable rolling lunatic that I already am

Would they re-shell a legend x? I thought most re-shelling businesses don’t touch dynamic driver iems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back