Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 6, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #31,396 of 36,038
Yes they do fit the M3s without any problems, if you own any noble or 64 audio earphones they are one of the best to go with in my opinion. if you ever tried say the final ears they tend to feela bit on the soft side and mushy after like 30min of play back if you like that then ok, but if you want something with a little more of a solid feel i recommend the Azelas theres no discomfort after listening with them after more than an hour. they are abit on the pricey side compared to the final audio but by not much although i wish they gave 3 pairs in stead of 2 per package at the same price. the thing i like about the Azelas is i would say instead of the tips being like another tube due to the hole where the sound comes out because the hole where the sound comes out from the tip is smaller the Azelas endup not bing a tube and just something to hold the iem in place in your ear while you listen it as it should be listened to.
The reason I say it works well for noble earphones is because i put them on my Khans, Kaizer Encores, Katanas, Djangos, M3s, Savant ii, and my falcon. Well the falcon i used the short version of the Azelas

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #31,397 of 36,038
Yes they do fit the M3s without any problems, if you own any noble or 64 audio earphones they are one of the best to go with in my opinion. if you ever tried say the final ears they tend to feela bit on the soft side and mushy after like 30min of play back if you like that then ok, but if you want something with a little more of a solid feel i recommend the Azelas theres no discomfort after listening with them after more than an hour. they are abit on the pricey side compared to the final audio but by not much although i wish they gave 3 pairs in stead of 2 per package at the same price. the thing i like about the Azelas is i would say instead of the tips being like another tube due to the hole where the sound comes out because the hole where the sound comes out from the tip is smaller the Azelas endup not bing a tube and just something to hold the iem in place in your ear while you listen it as it should be listened to.
The reason I say it works well for noble earphones is because i put them on my Khans, Kaizer Encores, Katanas, Djangos, M3s, Savant ii, and my falcon. Well the falcon i used the short version of the Azelas
Hey man! I see you have the Savant II and M3. I love my Savant II, as I am sure you have read, but would love to have something a little different to compliment them, and am looking at the M3. How would you say they compare? Thanks for your time.

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #31,398 of 36,038
I've had a few days at work with my K10 Massdrop version running through an ES100 with Noble balanced cable and my iphone 8. My first impressions honestly were that the Savants were still really quite good and competitive. I thought that maybe at work I would be wasting the abilities of the K10 and though the Savants need more volume, I didn't really feel like I was missing too much.. so after about a half hour with the K10s I finished off the day with the Savants wondering if maybe I should just stay with the Savants..
The next day though I thought I'd use the K10s for the day and get more used to them. Music was sounding great but I left it at that, not dwelling, just getting used to the K10s as the new normal . Even though everything was sounding good I was purposely trying not to analyze or judge..
The day after that I did an hour with the K10s and then tried the Savants again and damn.. what a difference.. I could now really hear the differences and couldn't believe how good the K10s sounded.
Now I was analyzing what I was hearing. It's like all those BAs are there so each instrument gets it's own BA to offer it's particular tonality and sound as when the music gets busier each element stays crystal clear and tonally unchanged. I notice that the Savants, though still good, just can't keep up with the very natural tone of the K10s. The mids are more forward but the spatial cues are so clean that it's not unnaturally so.
It seems that the word "natural" keeps coming to mind. Timbre and tone are really important to me and I really like how the K10s handle strings. I listen to a lot of baroque theorbo and lute music and the K10s can resolve the different tones of individual strings. It's quite amazing really.

I had a preconceived notion, based on the Katanas and the Encores, that the K10 would be a "lesser" iem but to be honest I think I like the K10s even more than my memory of either the Katana and the Encore. I can understand what those changed and would still call them “better” particularly in their soundstage but I am enjoying the K10s as much as I enjoyed those two.

I like to consult Crinacle's list and find it an invaluable resource but have learned that I hear and rate iems differently than he does as I prefer some lower on the list to some higher..
This is one case where his description "Very safe tuning, almost to the point of boredom. Does nothing wrong but nothing right either"... is not at all my experience. I am far from bored and to me it seems that they do most everything right.

These are really great sounding iems.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #31,399 of 36,038
PS... has anyone compared the Crystal Lily cable to the new 8 core? They are about the same price and I feel like treating my K10s to something a little nicer..

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #31,400 of 36,038
I've had a few days at work with my K10 Massdrop version running through an ES100 with Noble balanced cable and my iphone 8. My first impressions honestly were that the Savants were still really quite good and competitive. I thought that maybe at work I would be wasting the abilities of the K10 and though the Savants need more volume, I didn't really feel like I was missing too much.. so after about a half hour with the K10s I finished off the day with the Savants wondering if maybe I should just stay with the Savants..
The next day though I thought I'd use the K10s for the day and get more used to them. Music was sounding great but I left it at that, not dwelling, just getting used to the K10s as the new normal . Even though everything was sounding good I was purposely trying not to analyze or judge..
The day after that I did an hour with the K10s and then tried the Savants again and damn.. what a difference.. I could now really hear the differences and couldn't believe how good the K10s sounded.
Now I was analyzing what I was hearing. It's like all those BAs are there so each instrument gets it's own BA to offer it's particular tonality and sound as when the music gets busier each element stays crystal clear and tonally unchanged. I notice that the Savants, though still good, just can't keep up with the very natural tone of the K10s. The mids are more forward but the spatial cues are so clean that it's not unnaturally so.
It seems that the word "natural" keeps coming to mind. Timbre and tone are really important to me and I really like how the K10s handle strings. I listen to a lot of baroque theorbo and lute music and the K10s can resolve the different tones of individual strings. It's quite amazing really.

I had a preconceived notion, based on the Katanas and the Encores, that the K10 would be a "lesser" iem but to be honest I think I like the K10s even more than my memory of either the Katana and the Encore. I can understand what those changed and perhaps why others would prefer them but I am enjoying the K10s more than I ever enjoyed those two.

I like to consult Crinacle's list and find it an invaluable resource but have learned that I hear and rate iems differently than he does as I prefer some lower on the list to some higher..
This is one case where his description "Very safe tuning, almost to the point of boredom. Does nothing wrong but nothing right either"... is not at all my experience.

These are really great sounding iems.
Good stuff man! I am really interested in the K10U, and was curious about your thoughts on the bass? I have to have some impact, and I wonder if they will satisfy.

Nov 7, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #31,401 of 36,038
The M3s to describe them is like a being a reference based IEM, however if you don't get the right fit with them it may feel one side doesn't have enough sound coming out or the volume is low.
Now when it comes to sound pending if your just gonna listen straight out of the box or do a burn in I would say savant has a bit more of a range in regards to sound volume as it has that more bright feeling to it.
The M3s honestly sound more on the darker bit at times when listening to tracks regardless of current or past gen. But the M3s really shine out on acoustic based songs as it picks up all the lower ends to really hear the detail the bass detail is nice too.
So if you want a yang to the yin of the savants I would say go wit the M3s. as they can be opposites of each other makes me wonder if that was what the primary sound goal was for Mr Wizard when creating these beautiful creatures.
Then again I think thats what everyone who owns a couple of noble iems enjoys all of them because they don't have the same similar sound like other makers tend to put in their iems.
Best 2 examples i can give of this is empire ears and 64 audio if you ever owned say the u8s by 64 audio the sound signature is the same as their N8s u12ts and Tia Trio granted more detail in songs are their but if you've listened to the U8s for so long you end up hearing the same signature.
Empire ears their esr and their phantoms sound signature is almost the same if you pay attention to it granted esr is 3bas and phantom is 5 bas phantom has a louder sound stage but the signature sound is the same and the price is 1000 less.
But with noble you will here a combination of sounds from their iems lines and yet have a new sound you can enjoy、 I remember it was at a show in akihabara and Mr. Wizard was there he told me if you listen to the katana then listen to savanna and sage you'll actually notice that the katana is those 2 combined.
I had to do a double take and listen but yeah he was right the overlays of the sound from both together are the katana.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #31,402 of 36,038
Good stuff man! I am really interested in the K10U, and was curious about your thoughts on the bass? I have to have some impact, and I wonder if they will satisfy.

The bass is tough for me to judge as my other iem is the EE Legend X and the K10s do not have the impact of the LX. Not many can match the LX for bass and it’s only with the WM1A that I think the LX bass is properly controlled. On the K10 the bass is what I’d call very good “BA bass”. The notes are there and they go deep but again there isn’t the impact of a DD bass. I have been pleasantly surprised though at the bass on the few electronic albums I’ve listened to and when listening to Bjork. I’m not sure I would call the sound “bass boost” as, to me, that would imply the bass quantity standing out or being highlighted but I think the balance is perfect. If anything I think the K10s are more mid centric with good extension on either end. But that’s all relative to each person’s preferred and perceived sound signature.
Compared to the Savants the bass is deeper, cleaner and clearer.

On further reflection I feel like I am enjoying these so much because they are perfect for the solo instrumental music I’ve been listening to most. In retrospect I can remember that the Encores and Katanas are “bigger” in their presentation. From what I remember of the others K10s have a more forward midrange that creates an intimacy that suits my music perfectly.

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #31,403 of 36,038
The bass is tough for me to judge as my other iem is the EE Legend X and the K10s do not have the impact of the LX. Not many can match the LX for bass and it’s only with the WM1A that I think the LX bass is properly controlled. On the K10 the bass is what I’d call very good “BA bass”. The notes are there and they go deep but again there isn’t the impact of a DD bass. I have been pleasantly surprised though at the bass on the few electronic albums I’ve listened to and when listening to Bjork. I’m not sure I would call the sound “bass boost” as, to me, that would imply the bass quantity standing out or being highlighted but I think the balance is perfect. If anything I think the K10s are more mid centric with good extension on either end. But that’s all relative to each person’s preferred and perceived sound signature.
Compared to the Savants the bass is deeper, cleaner and clearer.

On further reflection I feel like I am enjoying these so much because they are perfect for the solo instrumental music I’ve been listening to most. In retrospect I can remember that the Encores and Katanas are “bigger” in their presentation. From what I remember of the others K10s have a more forward midrange that creates an intimacy that suits my music perfectly.
Thanks for the info! I am still trying to decide if I want to go that route, but every little bit of info, helps.

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #31,404 of 36,038
I think BA bass has come a long way. I remember iems from back when the K10 would have been a much newer model and compared to those the bass is way more present. I had the Shure SE535 as my first higher end iem and they are not even close to the K10s in any way.
I think the K10s are very well balanced iby today’s terms and excel in their tone compared to others I’ve tried. The current price is pretty amazing for these.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #31,405 of 36,038
I think BA bass has come a long way. I remember iems from back when the K10 would have been a much newer model and compared to those the bass is way more present. I had the Shure SE535 as my first higher end iem and they are not even close to the K10s in any way.
I think the K10s are very well balanced iby today’s terms and excel in their tone compared to others I’ve tried. The current price is pretty amazing for these.
Good stuff! I was quite surprised by the bass, from my Savant II, and that is just 2 BA.

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #31,407 of 36,038
The M3s to describe them is like a being a reference based IEM, however if you don't get the right fit with them it may feel one side doesn't have enough sound coming out or the volume is low.
Now when it comes to sound pending if your just gonna listen straight out of the box or do a burn in I would say savant has a bit more of a range in regards to sound volume as it has that more bright feeling to it.
The M3s honestly sound more on the darker bit at times when listening to tracks regardless of current or past gen. But the M3s really shine out on acoustic based songs as it picks up all the lower ends to really hear the detail the bass detail is nice too.
So if you want a yang to the yin of the savants I would say go wit the M3s. as they can be opposites of each other makes me wonder if that was what the primary sound goal was for Mr Wizard when creating these beautiful creatures.
Then again I think thats what everyone who owns a couple of noble iems enjoys all of them because they don't have the same similar sound like other makers tend to put in their iems.
Best 2 examples i can give of this is empire ears and 64 audio if you ever owned say the u8s by 64 audio the sound signature is the same as their N8s u12ts and Tia Trio granted more detail in songs are their but if you've listened to the U8s for so long you end up hearing the same signature.
Empire ears their esr and their phantoms sound signature is almost the same if you pay attention to it granted esr is 3bas and phantom is 5 bas phantom has a louder sound stage but the signature sound is the same and the price is 1000 less.
But with noble you will here a combination of sounds from their iems lines and yet have a new sound you can enjoy、 I remember it was at a show in akihabara and Mr. Wizard was there he told me if you listen to the katana then listen to savanna and sage you'll actually notice that the katana is those 2 combined.
I had to do a double take and listen but yeah he was right the overlays of the sound from both together are the katana.

When I got the Katanas, moving up from the first time I had the Savants, I felt that they were quite similar in signature but the Katanas improved on every aspect.
Though it’s been a while, I feel like I can sense the similarity between the K10s and the Encore with the Encore being a grander presentation.

The 2 EE you mentioned are of the same line so it’s not too surprising that you sense similarities.. There’s quite a difference between those and, say, the Bravado and LX.

Nov 7, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #31,409 of 36,038
There should be more inventory ready for Black Friday.

We are shipping out

Katana
Wizard Sage
Wizard Savant

To supplement what is already at HQ

Happy Holidays

And Happy Shopping
What about the M3s. Where can I get them. I dont think they're on the site yet or am I mistaken?

Nov 7, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #31,410 of 36,038
What about the M3s. Where can I get them. I dont think they're on the site yet or am I mistaken?

Good Catch

There will also be M3 available as well

20191108_082006.jpg

Last edited:
Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back