Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 18, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #31,262 of 36,038
The cable that came with my Khan had a short in it. The replacement is hardening now. This has not happened with any of my other iem cables. Has this happened to anyone else?

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #31,264 of 36,038
Mine has been fine, it does spend most of the time under my shirt though.

I might end up buying a replacement. Maybe the new 8 core.

Oct 19, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #31,267 of 36,038
Currently burning these bad boys in, and spent all night listening and looking at them, and they are amazing. They look way better in person, and are quite a bit smaller and lighter, than I was expecting. The fit with them and my super small ears, is fantastic. They are some of the best fitting iems I have ever had. The imaging and separation, with great depth and width, is stellar. I can listen with these for hours without any fatigue at all, from the sound signature, and how small/lightweight they are. Thanks to Noble and the forum members who suggested these!

Savant II Wizard Edition
20191019_074101_zpsznrftpnp.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #31,268 of 36,038
@Wes S Glad you are enjoying them so much. Happy everything worked out for you as we aimed for!

Oct 19, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #31,269 of 36,038
Any review M3 and Tuxedo?

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #31,270 of 36,038
@Wes S I would really recommend that you try them with the new Noble 8 wire. The synergy between the two is amazing, adds even more instrumental separation and further improves the imaging (which is already on point).

Last night my flight had a pretty long delay so I decided to spend the late hours with the Khan and I think it has finally won me over

It's treble gives you that first snow feeling, where everything is frosty and sparkly and it's really white and calm. Absolutely beautiful presentation of the music, with light, feathery bass to complement it and the technicality to keep you engaged for hours at a time

Now, for the next order of business, I've decided to give both my Katana and the Khan the prestige treatment, as I am absolutely in love with the Wizard art - currently discussing designs with @FullCircle, can't wait to post some photos once they're done!

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #31,271 of 36,038
@Wes S I would really recommend that you try them with the new Noble 8 wire. The synergy between the two is amazing, adds even more instrumental separation and further improves the imaging (which is already on point).

Last night my flight had a pretty long delay so I decided to spend the late hours with the Khan and I think it has finally won me over

It's treble gives you that first snow feeling, where everything is frosty and sparkly and it's really white and calm. Absolutely beautiful presentation of the music, with light, feathery bass to complement it and the technicality to keep you engaged for hours at a time

Now, for the next order of business, I've decided to give both my Katana and the Khan the prestige treatment, as I am absolutely in love with the Wizard art - currently discussing designs with @FullCircle, can't wait to post some photos once they're done!
Thanks for the suggestion on the cable! What a great description, and use of words! I do have a Norne Audio - Therium 4 wire ( pure silver litz ) that I am using with them at the moment, and can't imagine a better pairing. However, I will look into the Noble 8 wire, for sure. I have been looking at some Prestige treatment photo's, and they all look stunning, and can't wait to see what you go with.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #31,272 of 36,038
Thanks for the suggestion on the cable! What a great description, and use of words! I do have a Norne Therium 4 wire ( pure silver litz ) that I am using with them at the moment, and can't imagine a better pairing, however I will look into the Noble 8 wire, for sure. I have been looking at some Prestige treatment photo's, and they all look stunning, and can't wait to see what you go with.
Actually now that you say your current pairing might work even better with them as they have the tendency to be a bit dark but a pure silver will surely be able to bring out the sparkle in them

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #31,273 of 36,038
Actually now that you say your current pairing might work even better with them as they have the tendency to be a bit dark but a pure silver will surely be able to bring out the sparkle in them
Norne Audio's silver cables, are some of the best in the full sized headphone world, and I don't hear about them as much in the iem world, but they really are killer cables.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #31,274 of 36,038
Norne Audio's silver cables, are some of the best in the full sized headphone world, and I don't hear much about them in the iem world, but they really are killer cables.
I need to check them out. I am not a huge fan of headphones (only have an Elear and Elegia), IEMs are more my speed/type of sound

I recently went a bit overboard and ordered the bespoke Leonidas+Cleopatra cable to pair with my VE Elysium. Other than that I am waiting on a DHC Symbiote 8 wire (pure silver) so I'm pretty excited about that one too - probably to be used with my A18t

I found an amazing cable for my Khan - the silver + gold from plussound, Poetic series, but I think my Khan has some socket issues, as the only cables that manage to stay in there are the ones that have extra long pins. That's also why I'm sending it in for the prestige treatment, I'll ask the Wizard to put some sockets on it that can be used with more aftermarket cables :)

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #31,275 of 36,038
I need to check them out. I am not a huge fan of headphones (only have an Elear and Elegia), IEMs are more my speed/type of sound

I recently went a bit overboard and ordered the bespoke Leonidas+Cleopatra cable to pair with my VE Elysium. Other than that I am waiting on a DHC Symbiote 8 wire (pure silver) so I'm pretty excited about that one too - probably to be used with my A18t

I found an amazing cable for my Khan - the silver + gold from plussound, Poetic series, but I think my Khan has some socket issues, as the only cables that manage to stay in there are the ones that have extra long pins. That's also why I'm sending it in for the prestige treatment, I'll ask the Wizard to put some sockets on it that can be used with more aftermarket cables :)
Those are some really nice TOTL cables you mentioned! I highly recommend Norne, and really want to try an EA, Plussound and DHC cable soon. I just recently got into cables, so I have only tried a few brands, so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back