Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 24, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #30,621 of 35,958
Even though red isn't my favorite color, the Spinfits look pretty good on my Khan's. I have even been playing around with different ways to insert them and I actually get better sound by opening my mouth and moving them and pushing them in. Its hard to explain, but I don't just push them in and say okay, done.

20190724-181819.jpg

Jul 29, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #30,623 of 35,958
Jul 29, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #30,624 of 35,958
Yeah, I've used those before, even some metal rings that I can't remember where I got them from. maybe a craft store?

I didn't even think about trying a craft store. What I am wondering is how anyone makes money off of these. 300 for $1.06, then you have production costs, shipping, labor, packaging, etc.

Jul 29, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #30,627 of 35,958
I know, I know, it doesn't make sense, but when you think about some currency differences. When we were in Thailand in 2014, I figured that our dollar had @ 4-1 purchase difference. Meaning we were able to purchase @ 4 times as much for 1 dollar as we could in the states.

So that $1.06 might actually be more like $4.24 in the country of origin.

Jul 29, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #30,628 of 35,958
I know, I know, it doesn't make sense, but when you think about some currency differences. When we were in Thailand in 2014, I figured that our dollar had @ 4-1 purchase difference. Meaning we were able to purchase @ 4 times as much for 1 dollar as we could in the states.

So that $1.06 might actually be more like $4.24 in the country of origin.

Good to know.

Jul 30, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #30,629 of 35,958
I'm not deliberately trying to be controversial but is anyone else in agreement that the speed and number of different products from Noble is becoming off-putting? I bought the K10 at a time when it was a real statement piece. I would not want to stifle Johns creativity but I wish that he would wait to release a product until he has something that he is prepared to nail his colour to the mast for. Apologies John. Honestly not crapping on your achievements.

Jul 30, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #30,630 of 35,958
I'm not deliberately trying to be controversial but is anyone else in agreement that the speed and number of different products from Noble is becoming off-putting? I bought the K10 at a time when it was a real statement piece. I would not want to stifle Johns creativity but I wish that he would wait to release a product until he has something that he is prepared to nail his colour to the mast for. Apologies John. Honestly not crapping on your achievements.
Kinda sorta agree with you. Honestly think that the lineup can use some cleaning up as there are a lot of IEMs in there that don’t really have a purpose.

1. The Savant II is times better than the Django and everything below it. You could keep the trident eventually, but even that doesn’t make sense at 100USD less than the Savant II. Not because the line up is poor, but the Savant II is bloody exceptional at both its price point and at any price really
2. The new M3 still needs tons of work before it gets released. Currently it has the most extreme V I’ve heard in audio. I wouldn’t call it a fun signature, just one that hasn’t been tuned yet
3. The Encore and the Katana are too similar to both exist as separate products. Yes, the Encore has more bass, but I wouldn’t say it has more warmth. Companies that want to offer a bassier version of their product generally speaking go with a switch or a cable or whatever - personally I find that would make more sense

I do agree with you that the quantity of products in the line up steal attention from the truly amazing ones that noble has its name for, and it would benefit them to 1) slow down on newer IEMs and 2) have a cleaner lineup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back