Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 15, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #29,431 of 35,958
I've read the reviews on two out of the three, they're decent, but the reviewers did note that they aren't quite TOTL level worthy. Maybe that's where the focus is at the moment, or there are other reasons why they can't make them compete at that level.

Yeah, I found the iSine 10 and 20 decent, but I had more faith in them as stepping stones for better things to be honest. The flagship i4 is great; fantastic with the Cipher EQ. There’s a lot of potential with planars in the in-ear space, but it does look like it’ll require more refinement before it receives the same pedigree as their headphone counterparts.

Feb 15, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #29,432 of 35,958
Yeah, I found the iSine 10 and 20 decent, but I had more faith in them as stepping stones for better things to be honest. The flagship i4 is great; fantastic with the Cipher EQ. There’s a lot of potential with planars in the in-ear space, but it does look like it’ll require more refinement before it receives the same pedigree as their headphone counterparts.
I tried all three, one suggestion I made to Audeze was a custom shell option. With these things being as big as they are, fit and comfort could be a big issue, it certainly was for me. If they offer a custom shell option, at least the part that goes into the ear, and keeping the tie fighter looking part of their product intact, they would be much more comfortable and potentially sound better too. Planars in the in ear space is very much a work in progress, I'm pretty excited to see what develops next.

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #29,433 of 35,958
I tried all three, one suggestion I made to Audeze was a custom shell option. With these things being as big as they are, fit and comfort could be a big issue, it certainly was for me. If they offer a custom shell option, at least the part that goes into the ear, and keeping the tie fighter looking part of their product intact, they would be much more comfortable and potentially sound better too. Planars in the in ear space is very much a work in progress, I'm pretty excited to see what develops next.

Unique Melody’s ME1 planar IEMs come in custom form. But to be honest (and this is no slight to UM, who typically make great-sounding in-ears), those sonically need the most work of them all. :D

58FB2A0D-6078-4437-AFEF-66C84AEC20F7.jpeg

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #29,436 of 35,958
Planar IEMs have me overly excited for the future :wink:

Feb 17, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #29,440 of 35,958
On the subject of Planars.

I owned the UM ME1 and although it was good it needed improvement for me both in terms of SQ and fit.

I’m currently using the RHA CL2, bought them on release and have to say they are outstanding. Up there with any other iem I’ve owned in the £600-1200 price range.
The bass response is simply stunning, detailed and layered without being overbearing. The mids are silky smooth and very detailed. The highs are where some people have had issues, they can at times be sharp, to me I have no issue with it, makes them very accurate with great detail and pace, others though have found them harsh in the upper ranges.

The earphone itself is tiny though, around the size of a Westone 4 from memory, great fit.

For me RHA have shown what can be achieved with Planar iem’s.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #29,441 of 35,958
The blue one in person was sick. The guy that bought them was about to buy a different set, saw the blue and BAM game over. He was a happy camper the rest of the night. He came with us and his young son to have pizza.

I have some more of that blue material and I will try to build some more in the near future.

Have a good time at the show today, and thanks for your help

g2Z.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 17, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #29,442 of 35,958
Can't wait to see Savant II impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back