Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 23, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #28,621 of 36,038
I agree with you on the Fourté. I disagree with XMR. I also feel the TIA Fourté is actually much better than the U18 T, the bass on the Fourté is excellent compared to other IEM’s. Maybe the best. If the Khan has tighter bass than the Fourté, that would make it very special.
Can you please provide a general comparison of all 4 iem’s: Dita dream, Fourté, U18 T and the Khan? Especially in terms of bass power and speed, midrange, highs and soundstage? Thank you.
I forgot to add, could you also please add the Campfire Andromeda to the comparison, and if you could also please provide a comparison of how well each one is with sound isolation. I do a fair bit of traveling on small commuter planes which are pretty loud. Thank you.

Nov 23, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #28,622 of 36,038
All aboard the hype train! Just ordered my set, I figure if I don't like the sound I can always sell them on as they are universals and probably make the money back anyway... I suspect that won't be necessary though :beerchug:

Nov 23, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #28,623 of 36,038
@WCDchee thanks for your review. I have a pair on the way as well, but had a quick ask if you're up for it. Can you provide a little more of a comparison to the CE-5 even if it's just by memory? You mentioned that you didn't like the treble on the CE-5 and I absolutely adore it for it's sparkly and extended nature. How different is the Khan treble? For the bass, I will assume the quantity on CE-5 is much more, but am I right to also expect the Khan to have a tighter, faster, more neutral bass? Right now, my CE-5 is the benchmark for my favorite bass and it happily unseated my Legend X as number one, but I'm an occasional DD basshead. Just curious if you can provide a bit more of a comparison with the CE-5. I'm not doubting my purchase in any way, in fact the Khan sounds like a fantastic complement to the CE-5 in my arsenal of way too many IEMs :)

-Collin-

Nov 24, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #28,624 of 36,038
I went to try out a couple of flagships again, flagships that I have not heard in a while.

The Khan definitely lies on the slightly leaner side of the spectrum compared to some other flagships like the legend X or the 64 audio stuff.

In terms of resolution, transparency and precision though it is highly, highly impressive and among the best I would dare say

Nov 24, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #28,625 of 36,038
I went to try out a couple of flagships again, flagships that I have not heard in a while.

The Khan definitely lies on the slightly leaner side of the spectrum compared to some other flagships like the legend X or the 64 audio stuff.

In terms of resolution, transparency and precision though it is highly, highly impressive and among the best I would dare say

Will you say the mids are not as full bodied as the Katana?

Khan < Katana < Encore

Nov 25, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #28,626 of 36,038
Very keen to audition the Khan when it arrives here in Australia, although I’m not sure how its reported leanness will fare with prog trance and techno.

I am currently with the original Sennheiser IE800, which is also very lean, although a bit of EQing has boosted the sound where it’s needed.

Now I have passed the Certified Cicerone exam I can with a bit of luck find work and, if nothing else, replace my K10. :)

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #28,630 of 36,038
hemtmaker pointed out the importance of a quiet background with the K10, and therefore recommended the AK SR15, though slightly out of my price range. How does the background of the Chord Mojo compare?
Well, i havent try a lot of dac or dap and my k10 experience is limited
But compared to ibasso dx90, mojo has almost no background noise when i used them with my savant

Nov 25, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #28,631 of 36,038
hemtmaker pointed out the importance of a quiet background with the K10, and therefore recommended the AK SR15, though slightly out of my price range. How does the background of the Chord Mojo compare?

Mojo is very quiet for my K10Es. I use a RWAK240+ as source with a Mojo, and also on its own; the Mojo is maybe a touch quieter but the real difference is in imaging, bass, highs, etc. I didn't understand how sensitive the Nobles were until I tried listening to them with a Lyr2. Anyway, investing in a Mojo enables flexibility with a source...start with a phone, move on to a DAP later. Although I love my AK, I think I got more bang out of my buck with the Mojo.

Nov 25, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #28,632 of 36,038
Mojo is very quiet for my K10Es. I use a RWAK240+ as source with a Mojo, and also on its own; the Mojo is maybe a touch quieter but the real difference is in imaging, bass, highs, etc. I didn't understand how sensitive the Nobles were until I tried listening to them with a Lyr2. Anyway, investing in a Mojo enables flexibility with a source...start with a phone, move on to a DAP later. Although I love my AK, I think I got more bang out of my buck with the Mojo.
Sounds like good advice. The source/DAC clutter is a bit off-putting, but if this ends up sounding better, I guess I will have to bear with it. :wink:
The option to upgrade the Mojo by adding the Chord Poly at a later date also is intriguing.

Nov 25, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #28,633 of 36,038
If anyone reading this has a recommendation of what DAC/DAP up to around $500,- would nicely complement a pair of K10, I would appreciate it a lot if you could post a reply in > this thread <. Thank you!

Its really hard to go against getting an AK player. Plenty of good choices of course, but the UI on them just makes its over the top.

Nov 25, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #28,634 of 36,038
Sounds like good advice. The source/DAC clutter is a bit off-putting, but if this ends up sounding better, I guess I will have to bear with it. :wink:
The option to upgrade the Mojo by adding the Chord Poly at a later date also is intriguing.
The Mojo is excellent, the Poly not so much. The interface is very clugy and every time you want to make a change you need to go back into the configure app. I returned my Poly. If you ever decide to go for it, make sure you really give it a test drive. Tks.

Nov 25, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #28,635 of 36,038
Its really hard to go against getting an AK player. Plenty of good choices of course, but the UI on them just makes its over the top.
The AK UI looks slick indeed. Decisions, decisions...

The Mojo is excellent, the Poly not so much. The interface is very clugy and every time you want to make a change you need to go back into the configure app. I returned my Poly. If you ever decide to go for it, make sure you really give it a test drive. Tks.
Thank you for the warning. Darko sounded so positive... :-/

Man, now I am leaning towards the SR15 again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back