Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 22, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #28,576 of 35,957
Yes they are different from the Encores.

Physically they weigh less than the Encores, sound wise they are different as well. Honestly, they are not even in the same league. The Encore is great, the Khan is awesome.

Like Porsche vs a Singer Porsche, both are desirable but only one is awesome.

Screenshot_20181123-033331_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20181123-033656_Google.jpg

Singer all day every day

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 22, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #28,578 of 35,957

Physically they weigh less than the Encores, sound wise they are different as well. Honestly, they are not even in the same league. The Encore is great, the Khan is awesome.

It must be the moo shu gai pan stuff you are using that makes them special.

Nov 22, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #28,579 of 35,957

Like Porsche vs a Singer Porsche, both are desirable but only one is awesome.

Singer all day every day

This is ridiculous. You were triumphing the Encore when they were released as to how good and awesome they were. Now, quote, "....they are not even in the same league.." Really? So now the Encore have gone from being the flagship UIEM along with Katana and now are nowhere near as good? PMSL. I don't believe that for one minute. Having any kind of description of how good they are and why is, of course, great, so they should be, however, please stop talking like the Encore aren't even 'up there' anymore cus that is just bs. The Encore were awesome when you started selling those so at least think of a better way to describe the Khan. Advertising can be such bs sometimes it does my head in. As for the Porsche analogy, behave yourself. "only one is awesome" LOL. Incredible. You want to sell the Khans, I get it. You will sell them by the 'boatload' and deservedly so, you don't need to load up the bs to make it happen.

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #28,580 of 35,957
This is ridiculous. You were triumphing the Encore when they were released as to how good and awesome they were. Now, quote, "....they are not even in the same league.." Really? So now the Encore have gone from being the flagship UIEM along with Katana and now are nowhere near as good? PMSL. I don't believe that for one minute. Having any kind of description of how good they are and why is, of course, great, so they should be, however, please stop talking like the Encore aren't even 'up there' anymore cus that is just bs. The Encore were awesome when you started selling those so at least think of a better way to describe the Khan. Advertising can be such bs sometimes it does my head in. As for the Porsche analogy, behave yourself. "only one is awesome" LOL. Incredible. You want to sell the Khans, I get it. You will sell them by the 'boatload' and deservedly so, you don't need to load up the bs to make it happen.

Its possible that John really feels the Kahn is in another league, I wont argue its pretty bold what he wrote.

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #28,581 of 35,957

To me it's understandable that he's very excited for his new work. And to be honest this is his personal opinion on the sound anyway, even though he's the creator of those iems.

On the other hand I do feel there are not enough description/comment on the Khan besides generic words like “addictive” “awesome” and “in another league”. How much better was it on technicalities like resolution/speed/soundstage? Which frequencies are emphasized? Was it more warm/lush sounding or precise/detailed sounding? Without those more detailed reviews it's kind of hard to drop almost 2k and wait a few months. I don't doubt it will be a great iem but there's no way for me to decide if it'll be something that's suitable for my taste.

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #28,582 of 35,957
To me it's understandable that he's very excited for his new work. And to be honest this is his personal opinion on the sound anyway, even though he's the creator of those iems.

On the other hand I do feel there are not enough description/comment on the Khan besides generic words like “addictive” “awesome” and “in another league”. How much better was it on technicalities like resolution/speed/soundstage? Which frequencies are emphasized? Was it more warm/lush sounding or precise/detailed sounding? Without those more detailed reviews it's kind of hard to drop almost 2k and wait a few months. I don't doubt it will be a great iem but there's no way for me to decide if it'll be something that's suitable for my taste.

I agree its very tough for people to decide until some get to people who can give them a listen and answer questions. Anytime we have a new kid on the block from any of the companies here, it takes a while for more feedback to show up.

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #28,583 of 35,957

Shure I said a lot of positive things about the Encore, a product I built 3 years ago, I also said a lot of positive things about the k10 a product I built 5 years ago.....

I said a lot of positive things about the Savant and the Sage.... all products that have had a lineage of progression as well.

I do hope I can be allowed to progress, because if that is not the case.... I best just hang a closed for business sign on the door and sell chicken eggs from here on out.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 22, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #28,584 of 35,957
Shure I said a lot of positive things about the Encore, a product I built 3 years ago, I also said a lot of positive things about the k10 a product I built 5 years ago.....

I said a lot of positive things about the Savant and the Sage.... all products that have had a lineage of progression as well.

I do hope I can be allowed to progress, because if that is not the case.... I best just hang a closed for business sign on the door and sell chicken eggs from here on out.

I can't see in my post where I said you could not progress?
Hmm, chicken egg IEM's! Another world first! The ultimate strength shell to start with. Awesome idea :D That's natures help for ya!

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #28,586 of 35,957
Yes I do Although I seem to have issues with ear wax and I’m getting ever more frustrated by the ear buds easing back out all the time. This breaks the seal and that’s no good.
Doesn’t help having tinnitus either! Lol. Like I’m gonna know what sounds good anyway.
I’m in the UK if anyone has some suggestions for different ear tips I can actually get over here.

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #28,587 of 35,957
Yes I do Although I seem to have issues with ear wax and I’m getting ever more frustrated by the ear buds easing back out all the time. This breaks the seal and that’s no good.
Doesn’t help having tinnitus either! Lol. Like I’m gonna know what sounds good anyway.
I’m in the UK if anyone has some suggestions for different ear tips I can actually get over here.

Earlier this week after work I did a cleaning, I had so much ear wax that when I went to wipe the area with the bores the wax just kinda plugged the holes. Simple fix, using a cleaning tool and safety pin. I do this every couple of days, but this time was just more ear wax than I am use to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back