Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 20, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #28,352 of 35,958
No winner for the Mega Millions lottery last night, its now at $1.6 billion. If I win I can finally afford a Noble t-shirt.
Yeah, I matched one number on 10 tickets. Not good.

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #28,357 of 35,958
So much more like the original encore? I heard “warm” and it made me think of the K10s.
Ah my bad. I haven't heard the brass Encore only the standard universal. I wouldn't think the brass would make any difference as BA's are self contained units and afaik, are not affected by the enclosure material. I was just expressing that I felt the Encores improved on the K10 in every way. I'm sure the brass edition do too. But I haven't heard them.

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #28,358 of 35,958
Ah my bad. I haven't heard the brass Encore only the standard universal. I wouldn't think the brass would make any difference as BA's are self contained units and afaik, are not affected by the enclosure material. I was just expressing that I felt the Encores improved on the K10 in every way. I'm sure the brass edition do too. But I haven't heard them.

Noble's site says this about the brass, " The brass casing is effective in removing unwanted vibration and bringing the clarity to the next level! " It does make me curious. :thinking:

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #28,360 of 35,958
It would be very interesting to hear John's take on this. He seems pretty resistant to hogwash and certainly doesn't need it to promote his products. I can see that a lovely solid brass housing would increase pride of ownership but the sound? improvements were possible from housing material would that not be a feature of his designs, all Prestige would sound different?

Oct 20, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #28,361 of 35,958
It would be very interesting to hear John's take on this. He seems pretty resistant to hogwash and certainly doesn't need it to promote his products. I can see that a lovely solid brass housing would increase pride of ownership but the sound? improvements were possible from housing material would that not be a feature of his designs, all Prestige would sound different?

I am open to hearing an explanation also. As for a Prestige sounding different, I guess it would have to be a solid brass one based off what is being posted about the brass Encore, because Prestige just means machined out of a solid block of material.

Oct 25, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #28,363 of 35,958
I have never complained about customer service, as I had a job picking up phones when I was a youngster. HOWEVER, the customer service at Noble is absolutely atrocious. I reached out to Brannan several weeks ago about an issue with one of the earbuds on my Noble iems. Unfortunately, I dont think the device was completely glued correctly which is causing one of the earbuds to be a little unstable, to the point where I think it will split open any day now. Brannan asked me to provide photos, which I did within a day, then asked a few additional times to provide clarification on what I meant in my email. I provided my explanation, tried to call and followed up at least 5 separate times. I then found another customer service email and am going through the same exact exercise. Why cant I simply send my iem in simply for them to look at it and fix whatever needs to be fixed? In all the years I've dealt with customer service at various companies, I have NEVER experienced such lack of professionalism in my life. I do not suggest anyone to buy Noble products unless they plan to keep them enclosed in a bomb shelter with padded flooring in case you drop them. Sheesh, what a terrible experience.

Oct 25, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #28,364 of 35,958
I have never complained about customer service, as I had a job picking up phones when I was a youngster. HOWEVER, the customer service at Noble is absolutely atrocious. I reached out to Brannan several weeks ago about an issue with one of the earbuds on my Noble iems. Unfortunately, I dont think the device was completely glued correctly which is causing one of the earbuds to be a little unstable, to the point where I think it will split open any day now. Brannan asked me to provide photos, which I did within a day, then asked a few additional times to provide clarification on what I meant in my email. I provided my explanation, tried to call and followed up at least 5 separate times. I then found another customer service email and am going through the same exact exercise. Why cant I simply send my iem in simply for them to look at it and fix whatever needs to be fixed? In all the years I've dealt with customer service at various companies, I have NEVER experienced such lack of professionalism in my life. I do not suggest anyone to buy Noble products unless they plan to keep them enclosed in a bomb shelter with padded flooring in case you drop them. Sheesh, what a terrible experience.

Brannan is not even part of Noble any longer. As to whats going on now, I cant answer that, hope someone gets back to you and fixes any CS issues for everyone.

Oct 25, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #28,365 of 35,958
Brannan is not even part of Noble any longer. As to whats going on now, I cant answer that, hope someone gets back to you and fixes any CS issues for everyone.

But he was atrocious when he was still part of Noble. The main reason I turned away from this company, along with fake giveaways...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back