Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 29, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #27,572 of 36,036
I've been hearing that lately, that balanced isn't really worth it, didn't know that was limited to AK players, which is what I have ak240.

I don't follow this stuff as much as I use to, its just I heard it more about AK players. There are people who think on Sony player its makes them see god, bit of an exaggeration of course. One of the shows I was doing for Noble back in the days had a guy right next to us selling cables. He had a display that you flip a switch and the sound changed. he called it fidelity, I called it being louder, which will give the listener the feeling of better sound. All testing of cables players etc need to be done at the exact same decibels being given to the ears, which is next to impossible to verify. Bottom line, +1 DB is going to make the person think, OMG this is better.

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #27,573 of 36,036
I don't follow this stuff as much as I use to, its just I heard it more about AK players. There are people who think on Sony player its makes them see god, bit of an exaggeration of course. One of the shows I was doing for Noble back in the days had a guy right next to us selling cables. He had a display that you flip a switch and the sound changed. he called it fidelity, I called it being louder, which will give the listener the feeling of better sound. All testing of cables players etc need to be done at the exact same decibels being given to the ears, which is next to impossible to verify. Bottom line, +1 DB is going to make the person think, OMG this is better.

Lol yeah I got you. I don't know anyone who has cables to test, and there's really no high end audio places around me. Maybe I'll just wait for the noble gold silver cable to come back in Stock. Maybe I don't even need an upgraded cable lol. Just trying to get the best experience out of under while banging my head for not getting customs

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #27,574 of 36,036
My aim is to have a system that is so good that I don't care if a wire would make a tiny difference. Personally I don't think it would. With the K10's I am well on my way.

Jun 29, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #27,575 of 36,036
Lol yeah I got you. I don't know anyone who has cables to test, and there's really no high end audio places around me. Maybe I'll just wait for the noble gold silver cable to come back in Stock. Maybe I don't even need an upgraded cable lol. Just trying to get the best experience out of under while banging my head for not getting customs

Running on ibasso dx200. Balanced just gives me more power at lower volumes; so unless you have a player to take advantage of it or if the ergonomics of the cable is worth it: don’t buy the cable unless youve upgraded everything else first.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #27,578 of 36,036
Which is so good. This hobby sucks because there can always be better and people get drawn into that.

Definitely people out there that will never be satisfied, good for people selling stuff though. The best of course is a matter of opinion, I am happy with what I have even if so called better does exist.

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #27,580 of 36,036
So I actually never thought of doing an a/b test with balanced vs unbalanced, and when I got my headphone lounge cable I did have an adapter made for 2.5 to 3.5, so I tried last night listening to a few of my favorite songs between balanced and unbalanced such as black magic woman, take flight by Lindsey Stirling, and slow love slow by nightwish, and yeah really couldn't tell a difference listening to them back to back from balanced and unbalanced. Still looking for anew cable just debating now if I'll bother getting a balanced one. Keeping my eye out for a gold X silver noble cable, but also looking at Han Sound silver cable (red one is really nice and matches my K10 massdrop version but I'm not paying 500 for a cable) and still debating on the moon audio based on reviews, and lastly Toxic silver/copper litz. Thoughts? I'll be selling my sure se846 to fund the cable.

Jun 30, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #27,581 of 36,036

Jul 1, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #27,582 of 36,036
Encores being built now

20180701_150853.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back