Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 15, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #27,346 of 35,958
Not familiar with the Polaris. May want to describe your music tastes or the sound signature you prefer.

In the past, I've leaned toward a more warm signature overall with the IEMs I've owned. The Polaris is easily the most bassy IEM I've had and it's great for metal, edm, and the similar genres. My all time favorite genre of music to listen to is that of film scores and that's where I think the polaris lacks a little.

I'm looking for something on the neutral side with this IEM that will fill the gap the polaris doesn't. Best way to describe what i'm looking for would be something with great separation and detail retrieval, but doesn't alter the original taste of the track. I'm leaning towards the Savanna right now but would appreciate your advice!

May 16, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #27,347 of 35,958
In the past, I've leaned toward a more warm signature overall with the IEMs I've owned. The Polaris is easily the most bassy IEM I've had and it's great for metal, edm, and the similar genres. My all time favorite genre of music to listen to is that of film scores and that's where I think the polaris lacks a little.

I'm looking for something on the neutral side with this IEM that will fill the gap the polaris doesn't. Best way to describe what i'm looking for would be something with great separation and detail retrieval, but doesn't alter the original taste of the track. I'm leaning towards the Savanna right now but would appreciate your advice!

Seems like the katana is the way to go for you. A little pricey but i'm sure you wont regret it.

May 16, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #27,348 of 35,958
Katana is in the end-game category, along with the Kaiser Encore, can't go wrong with either one. I recommend going to one of the CanJam shows and listen for yourself, that's what I did before deciding to order my Kaiser Encore. Either way, you're done for life (or a very long time at least), you won't be looking for another IEM any time soon after getting either one.

May 21, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #27,349 of 35,958
Katana is in the end-game category, along with the Kaiser Encore, can't go wrong with either one. I recommend going to one of the CanJam shows and listen for yourself, that's what I did before deciding to order my Kaiser Encore. Either way, you're done for life (or a very long time at least), you won't be looking for another IEM any time soon after getting either one.
That leads to a question that I have been considering. How long do we expect a CIEM to last?

May 21, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #27,350 of 35,958
That leads to a question that I have been considering. How long do we expect a CIEM to last?
With careful handling of your CIEMs, I'd say as long as you want them to. I've had my UERR for 2 years, and they still look exactly like the day I received them. I know this because I was reminded of what they looked like on the day I received them by FB yesterday, I posted the pictures two years ago on 5/20. Then again, I've never actually broken a single pair of IEMs in my lifetime, or any other portable daily use items for that matter. My point is, take good care of your gear, and they'll last longer than you, probably.

May 21, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #27,351 of 35,958
+1 on testing IEMs before buying them (sound preferences are so subjective) and +1 on being gentle with your IEMs.

May 21, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #27,352 of 35,958

If say we make the leap that a hearing aid and a ciem is strongly related

Hearing aids are replaced on average, every 5 years.

Not due to being broken, but due to tech advancements.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 21, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #27,353 of 35,958
With careful handling of your CIEMs, I'd say as long as you want them to. I've had my UERR for 2 years, and they still look exactly like the day I received them. I know this because I was reminded of what they looked like on the day I received them by FB yesterday, I posted the pictures two years ago on 5/20. Then again, I've never actually broken a single pair of IEMs in my lifetime, or any other portable daily use items for that matter. My point is, take good care of your gear, and they'll last longer than you, probably.
I'd certainly want my £1,000+ K10's to last
more than two years. Twenty (being optimistic!) might be a bit unrealistic. :wink:

If say we make the leap that a hearing aid and a ciem is strongly related

Hearing aids are replaced on average, every 5 years.

Not due to being broken, but due to tech advancements.
I'd better get saving for the Encores then!:wink:

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #27,354 of 35,958
more than two years. Twenty (being optimistic!) might be a bit unrealistic. :wink:

Encore is excellent for film scores and classical. One of the clearest, most resolving IEMs out there, with awesome sub-bass extension.

May 21, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #27,355 of 35,958

20 years isn't all that far fetched, I have leather dress shoes from 1997 that I still wear on a weekly basis, nobody believes they're more than 20 years old. $400 is a lot for shoes, but if they last you 20 years, then why not? All I've had to do is get the rubber soles replaced a few times, small price to pay. With the build quality of Noble products, if you take proper care of them, it's not unlikely that you can pass them down to your children.

May 21, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #27,356 of 35,958
Encore is excellent for film scores and classical. One of the clearest, most resolving IEMs out there, with awesome sub-bass extension.
I was just reading your review on the Encore this afternoon, among your other reviews. Just wanted to say, keep up the good work, I like your review style, far better than the technical frequency response graph types, IMHO.

May 21, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #27,357 of 35,958
You guys...this hobby doesn't work well with your wallet being a full time student! Encores are definitely my Noble endgame but who knows when I'll ever have the budget to pick them up.

John recommended the Savanna to me and I'm going to be looking for it off the FS forums once my budget is available.

May 21, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #27,358 of 35,958
I've heard the Encores a couple of times. Lovely. So are my K10's but I think the Encores are inevitable. :)

You guys...this hobby doesn't work well with your wallet being a full time student! Encores are definitely my Noble endgame but who knows when I'll ever have the budget to pick them up.

John recommended the Savanna to me and I'm going to be looking for it off the FS forums once my budget is available.
I'm 62. The K10's were a present to myself as I am nearly dead. :wink: You have plenty of time to earn enough that TOTL are not too much of a stretch. An affordable model from the Noble line up will be very enjoyable in the meantime.:)

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #27,359 of 35,958

I can relate, if this year wasn't my 40th birthday I wouldn't have had the conviction to place the order for my Encore customs. Look at it this way though, you'll still have something to look forward to, a goal to strive towards. That being said, I'd still recommend you go to a CanJam show or similar to test drive the various Noble models available before purchasing anything. Audio preference is a personal thing, nobody knows your preferences better than you do, I'm sure John would agree. Besides, it couldn't hurt to get hands and ears on with all that beautiful equipment for the price of a decent meal.

May 21, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #27,360 of 35,958
I can relate, if this year wasn't my 40th birthday I wouldn't have had the conviction to place the order for my Encore customs. Look at it this way though, you'll still have something to look forward to, a goal to strive towards. That being said, I'd still recommend you go to a CanJam show or similar to test drive the various Noble models available before purchasing anything. Audio preference is a personal thing, nobody knows your preferences better than you do, I'm sure John would agree. Besides, it couldn't hurt to get hands and ears on with all that beautiful equipment for the price of a decent meal.

CanJam Denver 2018 in October is going to be my first show and I can't wait! Hopefully Noble will be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back