Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 11, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #27,226 of 36,036
Hi, can anyone recommend some tips for K10 universals? I've tried spiral dots to no avail and the ones from Noble don't really make a great seal. I'm not a fan of the comply ones either. I really want to love these IEMs, but I can't seem to find anything that fits well. Thank you in advance.

Hi!

I have been on quite search for ear tips recently. What I found for me is that the former aurisonics (now Fender) silicone ear tips work amazingly well. Fender though changed the ear tips - the old ones are the way to go for me. Seal is perfect and thanks to their slightly weird stickiness they just stay perfect in the ear. I found that an issue with the Nobles as they are a bit on the heavy side. Found them finally here: http://ineargear.com/tipscablescases.html

And alternatively I am using the spinfits (check on amazon) - slightly better than the supplied ones for me.

Cheers

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #27,227 of 36,036
+1 for Spinfits. They fit my ears like a glove and provide a great seal even while walking (which is a big plus).

I sat the Certified Cicerone exam yesterday. I'm finally free! Watch this space for a comprehensive review of the K10s coming in the next week. :)

Thank you for the recommendations! I really hope that I'll find something that fits, last thing I want to do is realize my ears just aren't made for the K10s and have to sell them :/

Apr 14, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #27,229 of 36,036
Anyone can give me ideas for cables?

am currently using the kaiser encore universal with a fiio q5 and linum super bax. Slightly miss the memory wire, so am looking for alternatives. Was thinking of Leonidas but build time is quite lengthy at the moment.

anyone can advise me on thor silver ii+ vs leonidas?

Apr 14, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #27,230 of 36,036
image.jpeg

As the sun sets.

Apr 16, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #27,232 of 36,036
I finally gave in to my desire to see what the Katana's were like.
They have just arrived and Wow!
I thought the Andromeda's were great but these are on a different level
93DFCC10-1163-494F-9B40-CFEDFCC7DC60.gif

Apr 16, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #27,233 of 36,036
A while back I inquired about a mid-centric EDC model, and was told something was in the works. Wondering if that was supposed to be a reference to the Bell or not...

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #27,235 of 36,036
I've been listening to my encores for quite a while now; I'm very happy of them, especially paired with my mojo. The sound signature might be just too "neutral" to be fully appreciated while on-the-go (maybe too bass-light) but paradoxically, they seem to give their full potential in more quite environments.
Nevertheless, does anyone would care to compare them with the most recent contenders, like the the Tia Fourte, the Legend X and others...? Just out of curiosity...
Thanks to all.
Cheers

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #27,236 of 36,036
I've been listening to my encores for quite a while now; I'm very happy of them, especially paired with my mojo. The sound signature might be just too "neutral" to be fully appreciated while on-the-go (maybe too bass-light) but paradoxically, they seem to give their full potential in more quite environments.
Nevertheless, does anyone would care to compare them with the most recent contenders, like the the Tia Fourte, the Legend X and others...? Just out of curiosity...
Thanks to all.
Cheers

you should visit @flinkenick thread , where there is talk about all TOTL ciems around

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...al-high-end-portable-audio-discussion.826876/

a lot of information and feedback about the top models, free from the diseases of hype and fanboyism found in various threads in this forum.....

cheers

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #27,237 of 36,036
you should visit @flinkenick thread , where there is talk about all TOTL ciems around

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...al-high-end-portable-audio-discussion.826876/

a lot of information and feedback about the top models, free from the diseases of hype and fanboyism found in various threads in this forum.....

cheers
Thanks for the advice. I have, actually. Great thread. But not a lot of comparaisons with the encores...that why I thought I might as well ask here. :/

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #27,238 of 36,036
Thanks to all.
Cheers

Apparently the Fourté is like a hyper Encore with more everything in all the right places. I’d hope so at double the price. The Legend X is like...BOOM in your face. I would still say Encore is wider and definitely the more detailed of the two in everything but bass. I wouldn’t buy anything this year. With everyone coming out with their new and hybrid stuff late last year and early this year we should be seeing crazy stuff next year as the freshman efforts can always be perfected after the first year.

Apr 17, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #27,239 of 36,036
Thanks Filicitous. I’m really satisfied with my gear, but I’m rather surprised this thread doesn’t offer more objective comparisons with other stuff. Anyway... I have no choice but to wait since I already spent quite a lot in my Encores + mojo...

Apr 17, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #27,240 of 36,036
Does anyone know what foam tips Noble uses? I have found that I prefer them the most with my K10. I looked on Noble's website but the only way to purchase is if you buy a whole tip set for $30. That's a lot of money when I only want one pair of tips out of the lot. The medium foamies. The rest would be wasted just sitting in a drawer. It would be nice to be able to stock up on the foam tips.

You can make a request for foams if you contact their customer support. I was in a similar situation as you and Brennan reached out to me and was willing to cut a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back