Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 7, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #26,311 of 36,038
Wow! congratulations Mr. Wizard!

Oct 7, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #26,312 of 36,038
Highly tempted to order a pair when they were available, but I've never had the best of luck getting any sort of iem to fit.

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #26,314 of 36,038
Ahahahaha. Oh, you are serious :p

Sorry, not had the best of luck with customs either (my mutant ears really hate iems and ciems, figure that one out). Tried a few times with a few well respected companies on headfi and no luck. That said fingers crossed I may be at the end of the journey for one set. For what ever reason it turns out the problem area may be the cymba/pinna area. Stops the ciem locking in and getting a good seal and needs a refit. Only recently found that out, we'd been concentrating on the canal area. So the thought of getting impressions done, sending them off to Noble, waiting 8 weeks+ and the shipping back, only to potentially discover needing a refit done (admittedly based on past experience) would be too much to bear quite honestly.

Had hoped to get up to Canjam London this year, so I could get some decent set of impressions done (and finally get to hear some Noble models) but the extended railworks at Waterloo put paid to that idea. I still think it's something to do with the impressions I've had taken in the past, but living on the south coast in the uk limits the options somewhat!

Oct 7, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #26,315 of 36,038
Ahahahaha. Oh, you are serious :p

Sorry, not had the best of luck with customs either (my mutant ears really hate iems and ciems, figure that one out). Tried a few times with a few well respected companies on headfi and no luck. That said fingers crossed I may be at the end of the journey for one set. For what ever reason it turns out the problem area may be the cymba/pinna area. Stops the ciem locking in and getting a good seal and needs a refit. Only recently found that out, we'd been concentrating on the canal area. So the thought of getting impressions done, sending them off to Noble, waiting 8 weeks+ and the shipping back, only to potentially discover needing a refit done (admittedly based on past experience) would be too much to bear quite honestly.

Had hoped to get up to Canjam London this year, so I could get some decent set of impressions done (and finally get to hear some Noble models) but the extended railworks at Waterloo put paid to that idea. I still think it's something to do with the impressions I've had taken in the past, but living on the south coast in the uk limits the options somewhat!
[/QUOTE
It would be really good if you got to CanJam. Maybe next year? Not only is it a really good event but you would get to meet Brannan, part owner of Noble and all round good human being, with the complete Noble line up and crucially Gisele who does superb impressions. She is very experienced in taking impressions for CIEM's. If anyone can sort you out those two can.

Oct 7, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #26,316 of 36,038
Can’t believe I missed the massdrop k10, when will you start the next batch John?

Oct 8, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #26,319 of 36,038
I wonder if that's a new record on Massdrop for a $900 drop of 350 units to sell out in less than 24 hours? I think a lot of people thought they had more time to think about it.

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #26,323 of 36,038
I wasn’t sure how long it would last so I jumped on in the first 30 seconds or so
Haha, I can only imagine how you would have looked if you would have seen a message (after you clicked) like: 'Sorry, just sold out 5 seconds ago' :grin:
A K10 for only $899 seems to be a great deal. Almost got tempted myself when I got that Massdrop email about it...

Oct 8, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #26,324 of 36,038
Haha, I can only imagine how you would have looked if you would have seen a message (after you clicked) like: 'Sorry, just sold out 5 seconds ago' :grin:
A K10 for only $899 seems to be a great deal. Almost got tempted myself when I got that Massdrop email about it...
Yes. For anyone who loves this particular sound signature, the K10 for under a thousand bucks is literally a steal. Plus, as much as I prefer custom units (for comfort), I'm beginning to grow fonder of universal units these days. They are just easier to use, maintain, and clean. I just can't get them to stay in my ears without them hurting a little after say, 30 minutes.

In any case, for those who jumped on the Massdrop buy, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. :)

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #26,325 of 36,038

Users who are viewing this thread

Back