Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 15, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #26,206 of 35,957
My review of the Noble Sage is up, I'll post it on Head-Fi in a couple of days: http://www.soundperfectionreviews.com/2017/09/review-noble-audio-sage-simply-superb.html

DSC_8892.jpg

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #26,208 of 35,957
Any tips on getting the universals to fit? I've got a pair of the massdrop collabs but they don't seem to fit very well :frowning2:

Haven't had this issue with other universals.

First tip: get a different cable.

I've found the new Noble Universal design requires a cable that has a larger loop, preferably one with a connector that sticks out farther before the wire loops back. Otherwise, the cable hits my ear, and pushes the IEM out. I lose seal constantly.

So I need a third-party cable just to use these. Not for sound quality, just ergonomics. This is true for both Sage and Encore, and I can only assume all the other Universal Nobles.

Unfortunately, some third-party cables also don't have enough of a loop for these Noble IEMs. The ALO Reference 8 is one. I could not get any sort of seal using that cable. I literally couldn't get the IEM deep enough. The cable hits my outer ear, and it won't go any farther. I have some trouble with Effect Audio, as well. But not as much.

This is not a cable issue, but a Noble Universal design issue. As these cables work just fine on any other 2-pin IEM you can get your hands on.

Sep 15, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #26,210 of 35,957
Hey that's a great idea. I've tried all sorts of tips but not the cable. Any recommends? (ideally reasonably priced)

I should acknowledge, plenty of people don't seem to have a problem with these IEMs and cables. But for many of us, it's terribly frustrating.

I just put on the Effect Audio Ares II (not plus), and Sage fits quite well with this cable. Sound wise, also, there is great synergy.

A plusSound cable will fit even better, as they use very long connectors.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #26,211 of 35,957
Congrats on you beautiful new CIEM's!

Regarding the case, I upgraded to a larger Pelican case which holds my K10's, Fiio X3/ALO Rx stack and a desiccant container (to help keep the IEM's dry).

sorry for digging this up. I'm about to purchase the pelican 1042 foam set too. From the reviews I've read on Amazon, the cubes thickness = the foam set thickness, i.e. our items will actually touch the rubber tray surface. Is this the case for you too? Thanks

Sep 28, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #26,214 of 35,957
4 month with the encores and I'm in love them! but seriously I need a new cable! I fixed the my tips issue with the Symbio Wide bore eartips highly recommend!! and for cables I'm interested in the Effect Audio Thor Silver II+ with the JH24 Set for Bass Control but I think the are a bit overpriced ($600+), I'm very sure someone asked this already but what other good cables you guys recommend? I'm can spend around $500, otherwise I think I will wait till CamJam NYC in February to test some cables.

Thanks!

Sep 28, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #26,215 of 35,957
4 month with the encores and I'm in love them! but seriously I need a new cable! I fixed the my tips issue with the Symbio Wide bore eartips highly recommend!! and for cables I'm interested in the Effect Audio Thor Silver II+ with the JH24 Set for Bass Control but I think the are a bit overpriced ($600+), I'm very sure someone asked this already but what other good cables you guys recommend? I'm can spend around $500, otherwise I think I will wait till CamJam NYC in February to test some cables.

Thanks!
Well Pinky gave one option recently...
I've gone mad for Encore paired up to Effect Audio's Thor II. Makes these IEMs liquid magic.
Mind you, Thor II is an atypical silver (warmer/darker) cable whereas Thor II+ is more like a typical silver cable. (The "Plus" designation indicates cables are within their usual material characteristics.)

I think Pinky has tried a few other options that could be interesting.

Sep 28, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #26,216 of 35,957
The plusSound Gold-Plated Copper fills Encore out in a wonderful way, while also being one of the most transparent cables I've heard. Suits Encore beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back