Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 24, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #26,026 of 35,958
20170724_170502.jpg encore finally arrived at the studio. thank you noble audio for the giveaway ! will post impression and review soon !

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #26,027 of 35,958
Encore landed today, looked at the universal earpieces and noticed how both are not mirror opposites of each other. One ear has a "lip" of sorts like they shaved off too much. They both sound equal, no complaints, just noticed the disparity. I CAN'T EMPATHIZE HOW GOOD THEY ARE. The reviews were, for once, not hyperbole.

Jul 25, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #26,028 of 35,958
You guys are right, I did some thing I shouldn't have done and I apologize. I shouldn't call the Zeus crap and I shouldn't have blamed it for the hiss, once again that's my bad. I heard it at CanJam but it was the first version, so maybe its better now a days. I did not like it, I know what I heard and I have just kept quiet about it. I met Jack and his team, posted how cool they were etc someplace on this site. Wording about how the hiss was there wasn't proper by me, I know how it works, but just didn't express it properly. This site just gets to me sometimes, there is so much being thrown around, I have been beat up and told it was all because of some stupid title. Things on here have caused me to lash out in ways I use to be able to just let slide, maybe I just need a very long break from here or just to walk away, I don't know right now. I have always been here just to help people, Noble and give some advice to people based on my testing, its just not fun anymore, anyhow, no sure what I will do going forward, maybe the best thing is just to leave so I don't read all the things that just get me wanting to jump through the computer and strangle people. I take responsibility for my actions and once again, I am sorry and if I continue to post here, I will try not to make the same mistake.
Hey Wata, haven't posted on this thread in a long time, and was chuckling to myself thinking about the tangents some of us used to go off on, to the point of getting reprimanded!! Ah, the good old days! Anyway, just stay true to yourself and hang in there. We all have to remind ourselves occaisionally not to take this hobby too seriously. I too hope ya stay! Just one guy's opinion.
Ducks in a row.jpg

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #26,030 of 35,958
encore finally arrived at the studio. thank you noble audio for the giveaway ! will post impression and review soon !
Heh. I'm having a bit of a laugh at your photo. I know you can't help it, but the FiiO being upside down looks a little odd. :sweat_smile:

Jul 25, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #26,033 of 35,958
Does anyone know the temperature tolerance? I'm not saying I'm baking my encores in the sun but will I have to worry about damage if the ambient temp is like 110?
I don't know about the internals, I would guess they could stand up to that sort of temp, and acrylic doesn't melt till it reaches about 300 degrees! But still, for safety sake, I would avoid extreme lows and highs. You might be thinking about the effect of leaving them in a glove box?

Jul 25, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #26,035 of 35,958
I deliver a lot so sometimes the A/C doesn't work and it's stupid hot. I also work in a kitchen environment. Just didn't want to damage the drivers in case they were extra sensitive to heat.

Are you a pizza delivery guy? Can you deliver to my house? We can chinwag about audio gear while we dine on pie!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #26,036 of 35,958
Lol no, Chinese. It's much more money somehow than delivering pizza. God knows how much of my pay goes to audio gear and computer tech than anything else. I never thought high temps could impact BA's though until I read the Noble recommendations which spooked me a lil

andddd I never thought I would be getting a reply from Pinky. I read about your thoughts quite often just sauing

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #26,037 of 35,958
Lol no, Chinese. It's much more money somehow than delivering pizza. God knows how much of my pay goes to audio gear and computer tech than anything else. I never thought high temps could impact BA's though until I read the Noble recommendations which spooked me a lil

andddd I never thought I would be getting a reply from Pinky. I read about your thoughts quite often just sauing

Even better! I call in Chinese more than I do pizza.

And thanks for reading! No point in doing it if not for the readers.

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #26,038 of 35,958

A couple of things

Heat causes expansion (physics)

The lacquer on CIEMs, if exposed to heat, can crack. The end result looks like small hair line cracks on the surface of the shell. The cracks do not extend into the body of the shell, just the surface (lacquer), which makes for a purely aesthetics issue.

Balanced armature drivers, are tiny, small, made with very tight tolerances. Heat can cause the balanced armature drivers to expand, thus throwing off the precise tolerances of the balanced armature drivers. I have only experienced this once, but it is worth mentioning. I placed a set of CIEMs in front of the exhaust of a laptop computer (around 10 years ago, so the lap top was really old tech). The exhaust blew fairly warm, like blow dryer level heat....

After maybe 30 minutes of exposure, I picked them up, noticed they were warm, placed them in my ears..... fired them up, and they sounded "off." I set them aside, let them cool down, and they sounded fine after they cooled down.

I also noticed the lacquer had cracked.....

So I gather my advice from experience, don't expose your IEM/CIEM to a high amount of heat (dash board/closed car for example).

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 26, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #26,039 of 35,958
Are you a pizza delivery guy? Can you deliver to my house? We can chinwag about audio gear while we dine on pie!
That's the high life, man. Enjoying food, listening to music and talking about both!

giphy.gif

Jul 26, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #26,040 of 35,958
I recently heard about Noble Audio from another thread. After visiting their site I am intrigued in possibly buying a set of Sage iems, especially one of those "designer" models because they look amazing. A couple of questions....

Any one in Canada order from Noble? Is there a shipping charge? What delivery method- USPS, UPS, etc.?

Is the 2 pin monitor connector of TF10 type compatible? I would like to try a balanced cable on these so need what I would need to get if I don't already have the right cable in possession.

TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back