Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 24, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #23,656 of 36,040
Katana is amazeballs. Keeps me sane while scripting my way through SCCM client management with WMI calls.

No, that's not sloppy or ugly handwriting, it's on-the-fly encryption, by hand. I'm kinda proud of it, actually.

Looking great!! But you like living dangerously, I see.

I like to be on the safe side all the time and make sure i will not run out in case of emergency (e.g neuclear war, tsunami, e.t.c.)

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #23,657 of 36,040
I'm indulging in my first extended Katana listening session. 

Confession time: I am a treble-head and a detail addict. I listen to a lot of close-mic'd acoustic/classical stuff, but EDM and Led Zeppelin are also on heavy rotation. 

I've had the Sure 1500KSE (electrostatic IEMs) for a while, and I love those. But, it's not a sound signature I want all the time. 

The Katana is smooth and silky. There's plenty of air and a wide soundstage, but it's also got a beautiful lustrous tone. There is a delicacy and subtlety that the Sure lacks (though the Sure has other strengths). 

I know it's a neutral, detail-oriented voicing, but to me it feels like the Katana is a strong statement of sonic values: delicate, subtle, precise, airy, ethereal. (In other words, micro-dynamics up the whazoo. I wonder if this is the best IEM on the planet right now for micro-dynamics.) 

All these adjectives make it sound like it should be lean or thin-sounding, but it's not. It's got kick where and when it needs it. That being said, I still feel like the bass is more characterized as "fast and accurate" than "powerful and impactful." But that's OK, because that's the way I like it. 

OK, enough abstract BS.  Back to listening. 

Glad to hear you like them

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 24, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #23,658 of 36,040
Glad to hear you like them

Or, glad you like to hear them
tongue.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #23,659 of 36,040
I have a Wizard Savant and just upgraded to Sage and I'm super happy with them (will be keeping both).

I'm now considering Encore or Katana customs so how much better are they than Sage? Can anyone compare? TIA.

Nov 24, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #23,660 of 36,040
  I have a Wizard Savant and just upgraded to Sage and I'm super happy with them (will be keeping both).

I'm now considering Encore or Katana customs so how much better are they than Sage? Can anyone compare? TIA.

Approximately 167.35% better. Your Mileage May Vary.
tongue_smile.gif

Just kidding; I haven't heard the Sage, nor any custom IEM's.
But I've heard the Savant (and K10U), and it was very good.
I've also heard the Katana, and it was the best IEM I've ever heard.
Make of this what you will
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #23,661 of 36,040
Looking great!! But you like living dangerously, I see.

I like to be on the safe side all the time and make sure i will not run out in case of emergency (e.g neuclear war, tsunami, e.t.c.)

I'm carrying my Wizard Savant and (OG) K10 customs as well 
cool.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #23,663 of 36,040
Damn, don't you hate having to get formally dressed?
wink.gif

I do. Especially stuff like black tie events. Why do they exist? 
ph34r.gif

But hey, nothing looks cooler than when you're in a good suit with your Noble IEMs in your ears. 
cool.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #23,664 of 36,040
  I'm indulging in my first extended Katana listening session. 

Confession time: I am a treble-head and a detail addict. I listen to a lot of close-mic'd acoustic/classical stuff, but EDM and Led Zeppelin are also on heavy rotation. 

I've had the Sure 1500KSE (electrostatic IEMs) for a while, and I love those. But, it's not a sound signature I want all the time. 

The Katana is smooth and silky. There's plenty of air and a wide soundstage, but it's also got a beautiful lustrous tone. There is a delicacy and subtlety that the Sure lacks (though the Sure has other strengths). 

I know it's a neutral, detail-oriented voicing, but to me it feels like the Katana is a strong statement of sonic values: delicate, subtle, precise, airy, ethereal. (In other words, micro-dynamics up the whazoo. I wonder if this is the best IEM on the planet right now for micro-dynamics.) 

All these adjectives make it sound like it should be lean or thin-sounding, but it's not. It's got kick where and when it needs it. That being said, I still feel like the bass is more characterized as "fast and accurate" than "powerful and impactful." But that's OK, because that's the way I like it. 

OK, enough abstract BS.  Back to listening. 

I had a similar listening session last weekend. Unlike you though, both IEMs weren't mine. 
frown.gif

Still, I very much liked both earphones. Detail, clarity, sparkle.. they had them all in abundance. Nevertheless, both IEMs do not fit my preferred sound signature (I have a K10), so I'm just waiting for the Kaiser Encore demos to arrive before I make a choice. The K10, while being absolutely amazing, has some room for growth, so I'm very much hoping that it has matured in the form of the Encore.

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #23,665 of 36,040

I do. Especially stuff like black tie events. Why do they exist? 
ph34r.gif

But hey, nothing looks cooler than when you're in a good suit with your Noble IEMs in your ears. 
cool.gif

If you get a good Wizard design or Custom, you don't even need the suit
wink.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #23,667 of 36,040

If you get a prestige design, you might not need clothes at all. 
ph34r.gif

That was my intended joke, but I couldn't think how to phrase it lol
Touche
beerchug.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #23,669 of 36,040
Happy Thanksgiving to all Noble lovers.

Have a great day and happy listening to your lovely Noble IEMs! 

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back