Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 6, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #23,221 of 36,036
It's the source topology implementation.

Yup, I agree. That's why I can only speak of my experience with the ZX2 as being positive, can't comment on those other DAPs that were mentioned. But I am looking forward to try the new 4.4mm balanced out soon with my K10s, an actual purpose built balanced standard instead of a "hack" of an existing standard by manufacturers :)

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #23,222 of 36,036
Yup, I agree. That's why I can only speak of my experience with the ZX2 as being positive, can't comment on those other DAPs that were mentioned. But I am looking forward to try the new 4.4mm balanced out soon with my K10s, an actual purpose built balanced standard instead of a "hack" of an existing standard by manufacturers :)

The 4.4mm balanced termination does look promising as a more robust connection. :)

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #23,223 of 36,036

I can say for sure balanced was worse for my AK240 and AK120 II, the 2.5mm plug is weaker than the 3.5mm. So there were static issues with it hitting the player and causing the noise, it would kinda be grounding or something. This might not be an issue with other players though, but I sure didn't plug it in and get better sound as so many have said.

It's a design fault in the AK players. They even provided little washers to prevent it with the AK branded JH Audio IEMs.
Easy to DIY with a small ring of paper...

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #23,224 of 36,036

It's a design fault in the AK players. They even provided little washers to prevent it with the AK branded JH Audio IEMs.
Easy to DIY with a small ring of paper...

Good thing those players are so cheap that a paper washer is a perfectly acceptable solution. 
biggrin.gif

My AK120II turned out to have issues with the 2.5mm port after I sold it, but my AK240 was perfect - with most 2.5mm plugs anyway. I found the balanced outputs to provide the best pairing with the K10, but the singled ended output of both the Hugo and Mojo beats them.

As it's been stated above, it's all about implementation. A good single-ended design can beat a so-so balanced output, just like a 9-driver IEM can beat a 12-driver IEM...

Nov 7, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #23,225 of 36,036
Is Europe price 500 euro a good deal for a  Noble Savant Universal?
I wanted to get IBasso IT03 but stumbled on these. Listen to everything from k-pop to edm.

These are new 729 euro so a discount of 229 euro. Sorry for my misinformation and bad use off english. 
I have decided to go for IBasso IT03. 

Nov 7, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #23,228 of 36,036
I would love to get in on this sweet deal  
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #23,231 of 36,036

Id consider 500 euro off almost any price to be a pretty sweet deal

the price is 500 euros , the discount is 230 euros

he probably wanted to write price of 500 euros

here is the link

https://hdphns.com/noble-savant-universal.html

Nov 7, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #23,232 of 36,036

the price is 500 euros , the discount is 230 euros

he probably wanted to write price of 500 euros

here is the link

https://hdphns.com/noble-savant-universal.html

The "off" was the reason of the confusion.

So, and please do correct me if I am wrong, the 499 euros sound about the same, maybe a little less (20-30 euros), as the actual price

Nov 7, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #23,233 of 36,036
Haha...lost in translation :smile:

Nov 7, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #23,234 of 36,036
Im in the market for new UIEM and I'm leaning towards the Dulce Bass or a Campfire UIEM (within the same price range) however I'm going to wait until the Black Friday deals gets announced before i make any decisions on what I'm planning to buy.

Ive always been an avid user of Comply tips, and it looks like Comply make custom size tips for Noble Audio (awesome!)
How do the factory tips fit feel and seal? Do they isolate well?

Nov 7, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #23,235 of 36,036
Im in the market for new UIEM and I'm leaning towards the Dulce Bass or a Campfire UIEM (within the same price range) however I'm going to wait until the Black Friday deals gets announced before i make any decisions on what I'm planning to buy.

Ive always been an avid user of Comply tips, and it looks like Comply make custom size tips for Noble Audio (awesome!)
How do the factory tips fit feel and seal? Do they isolate well?

It'll depend on each individual's ear geometry but personally I had good results with the stock medium blue tips for seal and comfort. The medium red however were a tad too large for my ears, the double flange I've never really liked and I could never get comfortable with the foamies or any foam tips in particular.

My ultimate tips for the Nobles though are the JVC Spiral Dots in MS (Medium-Small). Best silicone tip ever in my opinion and wonderful synergy with the Savanna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back