Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 19, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #18,226 of 36,036
Not that im interested in a crusade, but im interested in the onkyo player as well. Ill check it out at the singapore show, starting in a couple of hours

Ah shucks, I would have loved to meet the man that designed my CIEMS but i've got tonnes of plans this weekend.. Heh. Have a great show Doc!

Feb 20, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #18,234 of 36,036
Learning rules on the fly is an uncfortable process, so id rather avoid any potential sticky situation

Look forward to you joining the family

Understood, best to be safe... And thank you.

Curious as to what would be a better choice, Noble 8 or K10? Either would be universals. I'm definitely a basshead, I never considered the Heir to be basshead level, but there was something that I found to be magical about them, always felt emotion when I listened to them. I prefer more bass, but, I never wanted the sound signature to change on my Heir 8.a.

I know the Noble 8s don't get much attention though, I'm thinking it might be a better match, but not certain.

I listen to all types of music, but mostly rap, pop, rock, and classical at times. Some metal, one genre I never listen to is country. I wouldn't want to lose any bass going to a K10. I use eq all the time though, so if it is capable of the bass of the 8s, I could be very, very happy. Ironically, these would be my bass "light" IEMS.

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #18,236 of 36,036
If anyone of you end up buying the Onkyo DAP, be sure to grab a balanced cable as well. The K10 (and the N4) loooooove going balanced. Everything tightens up and the sound becomes more "authoritative".

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #18,237 of 36,036
Curious as to what would be a better choice, Noble 8 or K10? Either would be universals. I'm definitely a basshead, I never considered the Heir to be basshead level, but there was something that I found to be magical about them, always felt emotion when I listened to them. I prefer more bass, but, I never wanted the sound signature to change on my Heir 8.a.

I know the Noble 8s don't get much attention though, I'm thinking it might be a better match, but not certain.

I listen to all types of music, but mostly rap, pop, rock, and classical at times. Some metal, one genre I never listen to is country. I wouldn't want to lose any bass going to a K10. I use eq all the time though, so if it is capable of the bass of the 8s, I could be very, very happy. Ironically, these would be my bass "light" IEMS.

After five days of using the Nobel 6, I think it does not get enough attention as an IEM as an all-rounder at a lower price point than the K10. The N6 bass is beefier than than Nobel 4 or original Heir 4 but not as basshead as the 8.

Darn now I wish I went for the 6 in custom version instead. If Wizard would like to make a an offer to upgrade from 6W to a Wizard version 6C I will jump at it. [cue wishful thinking dreams]

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #18,238 of 36,036
If anyone of you end up buying the Onkyo DAP, be sure to grab a balanced cable as well. The K10 (and the N4) loooooove going balanced. Everything tightens up and the sound becomes more "authoritative".

I'm looking at the linum bax balanced cable, trying to get a friend to help me purchase it at can jam :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back