Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 5, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #11,551 of 36,036

Jumping in with my reply since I saw @fnkcow mentioned about this in another thread :wink:

Joe is definitely onto something.  In my experience with a number of BT audio reviews, including pre-BT4.0 and with BT4.x, I definitely noticed a sound improvement with devices supporting apt-X codec which suppose to expand bandwidth compression.  Soon to be available, apt-X Low Latency will also resolve issues with audio/video syncing as well.  Does BTS supports 4.0 w/apt-X?  If it doesn't, low end will be affected.  Of course, can't speak for iDevices (they don't support apt-X codec), since I'm 100% android vested :)

Specs are here:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

1. Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX and Apple lossless support (CSR 8645)
  2. Supported Bluetooth profiles: HFP1.6 (HD Voice ready), A2DP1.2 and AVRCP1.4
  3. Dimensions (L x W x H): 14.5 mm x 14.5 mm x 60 mm
  4. Weight: 10 grams (approximately 0.36 oz)
  5. Range: Up to 10 meters (approximately 33 feet)
  6. Micro-USB B (5-pin)
  7. Output Impedance: less than 1 ohm

http://nobleaudio.com/en/shop/wireless/

how about the cable, are you using the one bundled with BTS or original A12?  Does that make any difference?

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #11,554 of 36,036
  Does the Noble BTS support TRRS headphones with mic built into the cable? This is where the mic on the headphones is used rather than the mic built into the BTS itself.

I don't have BTS, but 100% sure it won't support it.  That's how it is with every other device of a similar nature.  Two-way wireless communication is only between BT receiver and your source.  Headphone connection is one way and pure audio only from D/A inside of BT receiver.

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #11,555 of 36,036
I am sure glad I got new impressions done, yesterday I picked up a new pair of headphones. I got the Beats, I then took them to the Bose store to get the Bose mod done. this is where they remove the internal parts and replace them with paper mache and styrofoam. I then swung by Best Buy to get a kickass monster cable for them, we all know cables make a difference. Once I got home and attached the cable, I then hooked them up to my Sony Walkman, which is also modified to play Lossless 8 Track in pure Dolby DTS. The sound and fit are incredible, this combo cannot be beat.

Joke of the week?

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #11,557 of 36,036
Hey guys, Would you describe the K10U more of a IE800 sound (v shape, airy) or more like SE846 ( more in your face congested sound)?  Sorry these are the only other 2 earphones I have.. 

More like the SE846, but more open than those. If the SE846 is one end of the spectrum (warm and intimate) and the IE800 is the other end, then the K10 is probably at the 20-30% mark on the 846 side of the scale.

In short, the K10s are very similar to the SE846, but better in every way (except perhaps deep, deep sub bass, but there's only a tiny difference)

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #11,558 of 36,036
Ask and you shall receive:

Hey, I recognize those... Those are mine! 
biggrin.gif

Congratulations to both, they look...

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #11,562 of 36,036
please I beg of you, edit that thing and bannish it into
, damn it why did I have to check on this thread before going to sleep

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #11,563 of 36,036
K10s back after minor touch up.  So this evening after listening to AKG3003 and Shures for the past 2 weeks, I am going to enjoy some post punk and math rock because i can.  Never heard of it, well check it out and don't blame me if your foot starts tapping uncontrollably.

For math rock, indie rock I am listening to:  The Foals, inhaler and My Number

For post punk that takes me back to Echo days...the Editors

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #11,564 of 36,036
More like the SE846, but more open than those. If the SE846 is one end of the spectrum (warm and intimate) and the IE800 is the other end, then the K10 is probably at the 20-30% mark on the 846 side of the scale.

In short, the K10s are very similar to the SE846, but better in every way (except perhaps deep, deep sub bass, but there's only a tiny difference)

Hey Loquah,

I hope you are well!

Let me begin with the fact that I love the SE846 so people don't read me as a crazy fan boy.

If I could add two additional observations-

1. The K10 Soundstage is appreciably bigger
2. The K10 Midrange is far less congested than SE846.
Otherwise, agree. The K10 is what shure wants to build for the SE1246...at least two generations from now.

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #11,565 of 36,036

Hey Loquah,

I hope you are well!

Let me begin with the fact that I love the SE846 so people don't read me as a crazy fan boy.

If I could add two additional observations-

1. The K10 Soundstage is appreciably bigger
2. The K10 Midrange is far less congested than SE846.
Otherwise, agree. The K10 is what shure wants to build for the SE1246...at least two generations from now.

Both excellent points, M Coupe! And I'm with you - love the SE846 and recommend them without a second thought for people looking for an amazing universal (they're more compact than the Nobles and fit better for people like me with tricky ear canals), but you're right about the gap between them and the K10s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back