Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 5, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #11,536 of 36,038
  Is the bottom half wood as well with these?

"Art is a process, not a product." (Maryann F. Kohl)​
 ​
Prestige featuring Siamese Rosewood Wizard's Wood (left) and Elder Burl Wizard's Wood (right).​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 5, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #11,537 of 36,038
I have a set of noble 3 and noble 4 universals and I LOVE both of them. The blue tips sound better on the 4's and the double flange work better on the 3's. In my opinion, the 3's seem to have a bigger soundstage and are amazing for movies and live recordings. I even prefer them to the 4's for older classic rock (Beatles, stones, Hendrix etc.)

I thought the Noble 4 had the wider soundstage, but I defer to your judgement. In any case, both are excellent; 2 different IEMs suited for different genres. 
smile.gif

Jun 5, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #11,538 of 36,038

"Art is a process, not a product." (Maryann F. Kohl)​
 ​
Prestige featuring Siamese Rosewood Wizard's Wood (left) and Elder Burl Wizard's Wood (right).​
 ​
 ​

Oh wow, the one on the right reminds me of a coastline. Very, very impressive, John!

A toast, with iced tea Suntory!

Jun 5, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #11,539 of 36,038
I am sure glad I got new impressions done, yesterday I picked up a new pair of headphones. I got the Beats, I then took them to the Bose store to get the Bose mod done. this is where they remove the internal parts and replace them with paper mache and styrofoam. I then swung by Best Buy to get a kickass monster cable for them, we all know cables make a difference. Once I got home and attached the cable, I then hooked them up to my Sony Walkman, which is also modified to play Lossless 8 Track in pure Dolby DTS. The sound and fit are incredible, this combo cannot be beat.

Jun 5, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #11,540 of 36,038
  I am sure glad I got new impressions done, yesterday I picked up a new pair of headphones. I got the Beats, I then took them to the Bose store to get the Bose mod done. this is where they remove the internal parts and replace them with paper mache and styrofoam. I then swung by Best Buy to get a kickass monster cable for them, we all know cables make a difference. Once I got home and attached the cable, I then hooked them up to my Sony Walkman, which is also modified to play Lossless 8 Track in pure Dolby DTS. The sound and fit are incredible, this combo cannot be beat.

Nah, you've gotta be kidding, Wata. You had me until the Lossless 8 Tracks. You know those are still experimental!

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #11,541 of 36,038
  After waiting for 2 weeks due to some shipping mishaps, the Noble BTS has finally reached me today. It's much smaller than expected, as shown in photo below next to the white QCY and the black Elecom.

First thing I did was letting BTS charge fully for a couple of hours.

Using my A12, I noticed the static noise is present, on par with the QCY and less than the Elecom. Don't have anystatic noise if I plugged my A12 straight into my phone.

I was surprised to hear a very loud pop sound when I plugged my A12 into the BTS with it switched on, as I didn't expect it to since it's significantly less with the QCY and none at all with the Elecom so I never give much thought to it until I tried it on the BTS. Sure enough, tried a few times with all three and results are consistent.

Now comes the most significant issue I have with the BTS: it does not have enough juice to drive my multi BAs and hybrid IEMs. My A12 becomes bass anemic and the drop in bass quantity is huge. It's like the low frequency drivers simply stopped working. A12 only has an Impedance of 16 Ohms and sensitivity of +/- 117dB SPL @ 1mW. Strange. All my phones can drive my A12s okay. I've changed to my easy-to-drive IEMs and same thing happens. I've switched sources between my PC and phone a few times, switched IEMs and switched between the BTS, QCY and Elecom. All results are consistent. The bass is back with the other two, but missing with the BTS.

Wasn't expecting the BTS to be a miracle but then again wasn't expecting it to fall short either. 

@fnkcow - I've been using the BTS all morning with the Sennheiser MOMENTUM, and switched to the Final Audio Design Heaven VI (it's the first IEM within reach), and I do notice a bass difference between the headphone jack of my iPhone 6 Plus and the BTS. Via the BTS, bass is still there, but with both the Heaven VI and the MOMENTUM, I'm not hearing the low bass as prominent. It hasn't distracted me at all though, and I'm guessing it has more to do with Bluetooth versus wired than anything else. I'm still enjoying my ease of mobility while my phone sits on my desk. 

I'm sure I'll be using the BTS with a variety of headphones and IEMs, as time goes on though. I listen to headphones most of the time, but I'm trying to give more IEMs a listen. 

And then, eye candy: 

Jumping in with my reply since I saw @fnkcow mentioned about this in another thread :wink:

Joe is definitely onto something.  In my experience with a number of BT audio reviews, including pre-BT4.0 and with BT4.x, I definitely noticed a sound improvement with devices supporting apt-X codec which suppose to expand bandwidth compression.  Soon to be available, apt-X Low Latency will also resolve issues with audio/video syncing as well.  Does BTS supports 4.0 w/apt-X?  If it doesn't, low end will be affected.  Of course, can't speak for iDevices (they don't support apt-X codec), since I'm 100% android vested :)

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #11,546 of 36,038
Jun 5, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #11,550 of 36,038

Jumping in with my reply since I saw @fnkcow mentioned about this in another thread :wink:

Joe is definitely onto something.  In my experience with a number of BT audio reviews, including pre-BT4.0 and with BT4.x, I definitely noticed a sound improvement with devices supporting apt-X codec which suppose to expand bandwidth compression.  Soon to be available, apt-X Low Latency will also resolve issues with audio/video syncing as well.  Does BTS supports 4.0 w/apt-X?  If it doesn't, low end will be affected.  Of course, can't speak for iDevices (they don't support apt-X codec), since I'm 100% android vested :)

Specs are here:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

1. Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX and Apple lossless support (CSR 8645)
  2. Supported Bluetooth profiles: HFP1.6 (HD Voice ready), A2DP1.2 and AVRCP1.4
  3. Dimensions (L x W x H): 14.5 mm x 14.5 mm x 60 mm
  4. Weight: 10 grams (approximately 0.36 oz)
  5. Range: Up to 10 meters (approximately 33 feet)
  6. Micro-USB B (5-pin)
  7. Output Impedance: less than 1 ohm

http://nobleaudio.com/en/shop/wireless/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back