Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 3, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #11,461 of 35,958
  Hey guys.. If you were going to buy the K10.. Would you buy the universal or custom? I was about to buy the universal but maybe I should ask on here first...

Custom, you get better looks for the same price as the universal, unless you want the options that add to the price.

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #11,462 of 35,958
  Hey guys.. If you were going to buy the K10.. Would you buy the universal or custom? I was about to buy the universal but maybe I should ask on here first...

Buy the universal first for test drive, then if you really want the custom, return it and eat the restock fees and order.

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #11,464 of 35,958
Jun 3, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #11,465 of 35,958
Just buy them, if worse comes to worse, force yourself to love them.
popcorn.gif

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #11,466 of 35,958

Custom for sure

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #11,467 of 35,958
One painful matter for custom is the wait time...

I am still waiting for mine 
popcorn.gif
; I believe 8 weeks window has already passed... not a complain here, just wanted to share my real thoughts
confused.gif
:

Part of me thinks, Noble Audio is busy, and, they are putting their best effort to make sure that the K10 and​ Wizard Design Theme I communicated, exceeds my expectations...
ksc75smile.gif

The other part just envies the look of the photos Noble Audio attaches/posts in this thread and Facebook page; and, relentlessly wondering how will the K10 sound with the Chord Hugo...   

Cheers

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #11,469 of 35,958
^^ There is a shop here in Canada that I can buy that are in stock... I think I have made up my mind and go with the universal.. The reason is 1. I Can have it in my hands in a few days. 2. Easier to sell? 3. I kinda like the plain look of the universal. I really hope I like them cause there is a no refund policy... Never thought I would fork out almost 2k (cad) for earphones.. I told my wife that these earphones are only $400 haha

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #11,470 of 35,958
  ^^ There is a shop here in Canada that I can buy that are in stock... I think I have made up my mind and go with the universal.. The reason is 1. I Can have it in my hands in a few days. 2. Easier to sell? 3. I kinda like the plain look of the universal. I really hope I like them cause there is a no refund policy... Never thought I would fork out almost 2k (cad) for earphones.. I told my wife that these earphones are only $400 haha

Your cable upgrades will be $400 so there's some truth to that! Congrats! I like the stealth look of the universals as well.

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #11,472 of 35,958

Sell your K10?

If/when you decide you want to upgrade your universal to a custom I don't think you will have a problem selling them. Noble monitors never seem to last long on the FS forum.

Depending on your usage scenarios, having a secondary universal can be more suitable/convenient than customs sometimes. Although having a K10C and K10U would perhaps be a little excessive!

A K10C and a Savant uni on the other hand...

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #11,473 of 35,958
Customs are a bit of hassle. Impressions, Risky. Fit issues, lower resale. However, if it all comes together, you cannot beat having something especially made for you.
As to the waiting, it gets quite BDSM in the end! :wink:

Jun 3, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #11,474 of 35,958
  One painful matter for custom is the wait time...

I am still waiting for mine 
popcorn.gif
; I believe 8 weeks window has already passed... not a complain here, just wanted to share my real thoughts
confused.gif
:

Part of me thinks, Noble Audio is busy, and, they are putting their best effort to make sure that the K10 and​ Wizard Design Theme I communicated, exceeds my expectations...
ksc75smile.gif

The other part just envies the look of the photos Noble Audio attaches/posts in this thread and Facebook page; and, relentlessly wondering how will the K10 sound with the Chord Hugo...   

Cheers

universal ver is not any less painful, i waited about 4 months for my k10u order............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back