Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 26, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #11,147 of 36,036
I, for one, also prefer not to have any "jokes" in this thread. Nothing annoys me more to see my subscription counter light up only to find that it's yet another irrelevant "joke of the day". Would have been okay if the materials are original, but these are just copy-pastes, what's the point really...

May 26, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #11,148 of 36,036
I've been lurking around here for a while and haven't really got down to posting since I've been on the fence about getting a CIEM.

The K10 however has peaked my interest. I was looking for a warmish sounding custom that doesn't compromise on details.

I've owned 3 customs in the past and had the same issue with all of them. I'm guessing it was fit thing despite having them re-done. There was a very noticeable drop in bass when I lie down while using all 3. Sitting up made things much better, but they sounded best when I gently pressed them in.

I had the same issue both pre and post wisdom tooth extraction. My remolds occurred on either side of pulling them out.

Is there something I should be doing differently when getting impressions? Since my usage is not for professional use would closed jaw impression make a difference?

Oh and I've never managed to get a decent seal with universals and I've had the eartips getting lodged in my ear when I pull the IEMS out way too often!

May 26, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #11,149 of 36,036
The hacky Borscht Belt jokes that continue to taint this thread (unoriginal and unimaginative, the comedic equivalent of Geek Verbs) are really the antithesis of everything Noble stands for. Thank him for bringing you back to reality.

Seems a small thing to get annoyed about. Just scroll past if it's not for you?

I, for one, also prefer not to have any "jokes" in this thread. Nothing annoys me more to see my subscription counter light up only to find that it's yet another irrelevant "joke of the day". Would have been okay if the materials are original, but these are just copy-pastes, what's the point really...

I don't consider myself on red alert for posts in this forum. It's fairly incidental to my life!
I agree that when several people started posting jokes it was a bit much but I reckon Watagump brings a bit of fun and humanity to the thread. A bit of light relief.
Joke of the "week" probably a good call.

May 26, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #11,150 of 36,036
I've been lurking around here for a while and haven't really got down to posting since I've been on the fence about getting a CIEM.

The K10 however has peaked my interest. I was looking for a warmish sounding custom that doesn't compromise on details.

I've owned 3 customs in the past and had the same issue with all of them. I'm guessing it was fit thing despite having them re-done. There was a very noticeable drop in bass when I lie down while using all 3. Sitting up made things much better, but they sounded best when I gently pressed them in.

I had the same issue both pre and post wisdom tooth extraction. My remolds occurred on either side of pulling them out.

Is there something I should be doing differently when getting impressions? Since my usage is not for professional use would closed jaw impression make a difference?

Oh and I've never managed to get a decent seal with universals and I've had the eartips getting lodged in my ear when I pull the IEMS out way too often!

Quote:

The K10 however has peaked my interest. I was looking for a warmish sounding custom that doesn't compromise on details

That sounds like the description of the K10

That is normal, as the ear canal will change shape with head, neck movement, position changes etc.   Not to sound simplistic, but if u have a water balloon and place it on a table, it changes shape.  When u lay down, your tissues, muscle mass, and even fat, will change shape....   (and due to the fact that your ear canal is connected to your body, the ear canal will change shape as well).  The only sollution would be to have ear mold impressions taken while laying down....   then when you sit up, your jaw would sit in a different position, and then your ear canal would change shape....   and you would lose your seal all over again.  

All the research I have read, and this is research performed by college students and hearing aid manufactureres, show that open mouth impression yield the best results.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 26, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #11,151 of 36,036
More people like my jokes then do not. But since you have a stick so far up your butt, you can be a hand puppet. I will stop doing them. It just amazes me that people will whine because someone wants to bring some fun and smiles to a thread.

Haters are gonna hate, don't let them block your shine Watagamp. I look forward to a quick cheap laugh everyday from your joke of the day.

May 26, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #11,152 of 36,036
Hello and greetings dearest Noble people and forum mates.
I have a question to mighty Wizard:
Which earpiece connector can be used on aftermarket cable in order to feet K10 properly (no damage to ear peace socket)
I found that there plenty sizes exists including 0.75, 0.77, 0.78 mm pin diameter.

May 26, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #11,153 of 36,036
  Hello and greetings dearest Noble people and forum mates.
I have a question to mighty Wizard:
Which earpiece connector can be used on aftermarket cable in order to feet K10 properly (no damage to ear peace socket)
I found that there plenty sizes exists including 0.75, 0.77, 0.78 mm pin diameter.

0.78mm, which is standard for CIEMs for a while.

May 26, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #11,154 of 36,036
  0.78mm, which is standard for CIEMs for a while.

Thank's a lot. One more question.
Is there any experience finding a cable for K10 with Android remote on it

May 26, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #11,156 of 36,036

I have the same issues, and have wide and straight ear canals. My K10's fit great sitting up, and loosen slightly laying down, so I just push and twist to regain the seal laying down. Not perfect, but it works.  I think closed jaw impressions would make the fit worse as I believe it actually shrinks the impression size slightly.  I had surgery on both sides of my neck just below the ears, and I think it slightly changed the ear canal structure.  Your description of warmish sound with no detail compromise leads me to believe you're on the right track with the K10, IMO.

May 26, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #11,157 of 36,036
When u lay down, your tissues, muscle mass, and even fat, will change shape....   (and due to the fact that your ear canal is connected to your body, the ear canal will change shape as well).  The only sollution would be to have ear mold impressions taken while laying down....   then when you sit up, your jaw would sit in a different position, and then your ear canal would change shape....   and you would lose your seal all over again.

Well there's a simple solution, isn't there? Purchase one K10 for laying down and one for standing up :wink:

I feel your pain RambleOnRed. I love listening to headphones while I fall asleep, and I do notice a slight loss in bass with my K10 customs when laying down. I have to resist the urge to raise the volume to compensate. I didn't have this problem with universals. I wonder if longer or thicker canals could help with keeping the seal (generally speaking)

May 26, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #11,158 of 36,036
The hacky Borscht Belt jokes that continue to taint this thread (unoriginal and unimaginative, the comedic equivalent of Geek Verbs) are really the antithesis of everything Noble stands for. Thank him for bringing you back to reality.

Regardless of how you feel about the jokes, there's no need to be insulting and condescending about it. I'm always surprised at how some members speak to others on these forums. Would you speak like that to someone in person when not behind the safety of a keyboard? It's easy to forget we're all just people. Maybe the guy's dog (or sheep) got hit by a car today. A little kindness never hurts, and usually begets a better outcome anyways.

I for one think the jokes could be better, Wata :p But I love the lightness, fun, and general vibe you bring to this thread. So I thank you, brother. And I think once a week is a good idea, gives you more time to screen for the better material :p

May 26, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #11,159 of 36,036
Hi there, we really can't openly talk about the number of units sold etc etc.... So we really can't answer your question The reasons for this are internal business matters.... But thanks for asking

Cheers

I understand, John. No worries!

would anyone be able to help me with a comparison? I am looking at the Noble 3, and noticed it has a slightly V shaped sound signature which is what I like. How present is the low end? I want to compare these to the Shure SE535s as they are in the same price range and both triple armature drivers.

Thanks!

The SE535 and the N3 are quite different in their respective sound signatures. The Shures are mid-centric, with a lush and thick midrange that can be a little overpowering at times. Bass is sufficiently strong, with good punch and texture. Treble however, suffers greatly, with some noticeable roll-off, despite having smooth and clear highs. On the other hand, the N3 has definitive lows with even more prominent highs, resulting in a lot of sparkle, and an aggressive sound. As a a result, the midrange is its least noticeable feature. Your choice between the 2 greatly depends on your musical preferences. The Shures are very good for vocal-oriented genres, whilst the N3 is more energetic, and is better for EDM.

May 26, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #11,160 of 36,036

I understand, John. No worries!

The SE535 and the N3 are quite different in their respective sound signatures. The Shures are mid-centric, with a lush and thick midrange that can be a little overpowering at times. Bass is sufficiently strong, with good punch and texture. Treble however, suffers greatly, with some noticeable roll-off, despite having smooth and clear highs. On the other hand, the N3 has definitive lows with even more prominent highs, resulting in a lot of sparkle, and an aggressive sound. As a a result, the midrange is its least noticeable feature. Your choice between the 2 greatly depends on your musical preferences. The Shures are very good for vocal-oriented genres, whilst the N3 is more energetic, and is better for EDM.

Thanks! This helps a lot. I will go for the N3 then. These will be my first nobles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back