Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 7, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #7,202 of 35,958
  Hi all,

I find myself desiring new IEM's as my cat ate the tips of my Shure Se215's and I was kinda looking for a reason to change!

Having never heard of Noble until I joined this website, I have to say I'm intrigued now. My question to you lot is; how are the Noble 3 universals? Can't seem to find any review of them anywhere?

I've got a 3W on order.  I will give my impressions on it as I listen to them.  It will be an upgrade from my Shure e2c and through my new fiio X5.  

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #7,203 of 35,958
Hi all,

I find myself desiring new IEM's as my cat ate the tips of my Shure Se215's and I was kinda looking for a reason to change!

Having never heard of Noble until I joined this website, I have to say I'm intrigued now. My question to you lot is; how are the Noble 3 universals? Can't seem to find any review of them anywhere?

You can read Innerfidelity's review of the best entry level CIEMs. The 3U should sound the same as a 3C.

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #7,204 of 35,958
  Thanks for the info. That's good to know, so when I get the K10 and cables in a couple weeks, it should be easy to get them shortened and re-terminated.

I just re-terminated the new clear cable into 2.5mm TRRS for my AK player. This is my first time soldering a TRRS adapter and my God the pins inside are so small and the wires are thin. I used a digital multimeter to check each pins are fully isolated because I'm afraid the the wires are jammed somehow. Then I plug it into the player, hoping both the player and the K10 will not die.....opsss.... NO SOUND!!!!! 

Luckily it was because the Balance Out was not enabled.... and it works!!!!  I didn't dare to A/B testing the default black 3.5mm adapter cable with this clear 2.5mm TRRS because I'm afraid the 2-pin connectors on both K10 will get loosen but repetitive plugs and removes.

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #7,205 of 35,958

I just re-terminated the new clear cable into 2.5mm TRRS for my AK player. This is my first time soldering a TRRS adapter and my God the pins inside are so small and the wires are thin. I used a digital multimeter to check each pins are fully isolated because I'm afraid the the wires are jammed somehow. Then I plug it into the player, hoping both the player and the K10 will not die.....opsss.... NO SOUND!!!!! 

Luckily it was because the Balance Out was not enabled.... and it works!!!!  I didn't dare to A/B testing the default black 3.5mm adapter cable with this clear 2.5mm TRRS because I'm afraid the 2-pin connectors on both K10 will get loosen but repetitive plugs and removes.

Nice job. Soldering those 2.5mm TRRS wires aren't easy.

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #7,206 of 35,958
Paid for my K10s on Friday and sent my ear-molds off today. This is going to be my first foray into custom IEMs. Based on lots of reading and taking time to understand what I want in a TOTL iem, I am sure the wait will be worth it.

One interesting learning was at the audiologist office today. She enquired if had been getting fatigue from the universal IEMs and I said, "yes." Apparently, I have a sharp bend in my ear and my ears are small. She said I am t he perfect candidate for a custom IEM. Who would have thought!. If I had not paid for the K10s already, I might have been a little suspiciious:D

I may sell my W60s once the K10s arrive. We will see though. I still really like the W60. I occasionally miss my SE846 but I only have one set of ears.

Cheers!

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #7,208 of 35,958
Paid for my K10s on Friday and sent my ear-molds off today. This is going to be my first foray into custom IEMs. Based on lots of reading and taking time to understand what I want in a TOTL iem, I am sure the wait will be worth it.

One interesting learning was at the audiologist office today. She enquired if had been getting fatigue from the universal IEMs and I said, "yes." Apparently, I have a sharp bend in my ear and my ears are small. She said I am t he perfect candidate for a custom IEM. Who would have thought!. If I had not paid for the K10s already, I might have been a little suspiciious:D

I may sell my W60s once the K10s arrive. We will see though. I still really like the W60. I occasionally miss my SE846 but I only have one set of ears.

Cheers!

Congrats, M Coupe! I wondered why I hadn't seen you on the 846 thread for a while. I'm in a similar boat to you and can confirm that the K10s are brilliant for those of us with bendy ear canals

I too had my impressions done today.  I will be sending them out tomorrow, very excited to see/hear my custom k10s.

Congrats!!

Dec 9, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #7,209 of 35,958
Just listening to my K10 this evening. I just want to express that the K10 stands out from the crowd in that it adds another dimension to the music.

I can not just hear the music, I can feel it. I can feel the sense of direction where the sound is traveling -- I can tell that the beach waves are crashing diagonally. I can feel the texture of the guitar strings when strummed and I can feel their vibrations as well. I can feel the vocalist's breaths and the air rushing up and down his/her trachea. I can feel the piano keys being pressed, and I can feel how much resistance the key has -- if the piano is masterfully tuned or not.

All of this creates visualization of the music, and it elicits one's imagination quite easily. Each song is a story and the Kaiser 10 is the poet whose words flow so effortlessly for the listener to sit, relax, and enjoy.

Dec 9, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #7,210 of 35,958
  Just listening to my K10 this evening. I just want to express that the K10 stands out from the crowd in that it adds another dimension to the music.

I can not just hear the music, I can feel it. I can feel the sense of direction where the sound is traveling -- I can tell that the beach waves are crashing diagonally. I can feel the texture of the guitar strings when strummed and I can feel their vibrations as well. I can feel the vocalist's breaths and the air rushing up and down his/her trachea. I can feel the piano keys being pressed, and I can feel how much resistance the key has -- if the piano is masterfully tuned or not.

All of this creates visualization of the music, and it elicits one's imagination quite easily. Each song is a story and the Kaiser 10 is the poet whose words flow so effortlessly for the listener to sit, relax, and enjoy.

I am not there yet with my music comprehension. But I think I get you. With K10 I can actually "feel" the vibration of the strings that played from the guitar; or when the stick hitting the drum surfaces. All these add life to the music and making it feels more organic. 

I finally put up my courage to A/B test in between the single-ended and balanced output from the AK240 to the K10. The SE 3.5mm using the stock black cable and the Balanced 2.5mm using the new clear cable (re-terminated). Without using the Balanced output I never have a doubt that K10 is one of the very best headphones. However, whenever I compare the same music while switching back to the SE source, I can't stop asking myself, is that the K10 that I'm in love with?!

With Balanced source, K10 sounds more forward and solid, the low is more controlled, the voice is more sweet and the soundstage seems even a bit wider and defined. I think you owe yourself an enjoyable moment if you haven't feed the K10 with a balanced source yet.

Dec 9, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #7,211 of 35,958

Very nicely done.  I just ordered my K10U from ALO and now looking for a good balance cable for it too.

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #7,212 of 35,958
Would be great to hear what everyone finds in terms of balanced cables for the K10. While I'm also handy with a solder gun, I don't want to risk messing up the K10's! 

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #7,213 of 35,958

Dec 9, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #7,214 of 35,958
I have sent my ear impressions last week, they should arrive soon to Noble Audio's lab. Very excited to have my K10. I have selected metallic red for the shells and aluminium for the faceplates (this red : http://instagram.com/p/uJ4TD7QjGu/?modal=true) and I can already feel the awesome result :).

So far communication from Brannan has been top notch ! 

Dec 9, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #7,215 of 35,958
Hey Brannan quick question, for US orders, what is the typical time frame between receipt of impressions in the santa barbara office and receipt of the impressions at the lab?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back