Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 21, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #5,971 of 35,957
  I couldn't find anything like what you're asking for after a quick Google search. Just my 2 cents, but I think this is a case where you can't have your cake and eat it too. Some noise cancelling headsets allow you to mute the NC circuit to hear if someone is talking to you, but I know that isn't what you're looking for. If you really want to be able to hear background noise, it doesn't seem like ciems are the right choice for you. Part of why a high-end ciem such as the K10 excels is that you can hear some subtle details in recordings due to the isolation it provides. I wonder if the universal K10 would better meet your intended usage, since you can somewhat adjust the isolation by experimenting with different tips. Hopefully someone else will know of such a product, though.

The UMmodTF10 I have now has good isolation and good seal but I can still hear sounds on the outside somehow. I intend to order the K10 soon, but it didn't occur to me that the isolation could be actually greater than what I now have. Hmmm. Is the isolation on the K10 that complete? Really?

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #5,972 of 35,957
  The UMmodTF10 I have now has good isolation and good seal but I can still hear sounds on the outside somehow. I intend to order the K10 soon, but it didn't occur to me that the isolation could be actually greater than what I now have. Hmmm. Is the isolation on the K10 that complete? Really?

I didn't say anything about the K10 having "complete" isolation. That will depend a lot of simply how well your ciems fit you, and how much/how loud the outside noise is around you. In most settings for me, with some music playing even at low volume, I can hear very little outside noise when using my K10s. If I am on a noisy airplane, some noise gets through sometimes.

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #5,973 of 35,957
^what he/she said.

If you want to minimize sound coming in, get a musician fit from a high quality mold that yields a tight fit.  Also, in theory the K10 could be better at reducing outside noise due to the fact it's more dense with a shell cavity filled full with 10 drivers, wires...etc.

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #5,975 of 35,957
  The way you two latter Headfiers describe it is much more like my experience so far and not so different after all. Thanks.

The ambient noise isolation also varies a bit for me depending on whether I am sitting or lying down. The seal isn't quite the same, so when lying down a bit more noise can get in. Overall, though, the isolation is perhaps the best of all iems and headphones I have tried.

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #5,977 of 35,957
  How old are those?  Note ear canals are change and you need refit in 2yrs.

If you're referring to my K10s, less than a year old. I highly doubt I'll need a refit anytime in the next few years, but I'm sure it varies from person to person and if they experience something that can affect the size or shape of their ear canals, such as a large weight gain or weight loss.

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #5,978 of 35,957
Or a career in professional wrestling or boxing!!!

Oct 21, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #5,979 of 35,957
Oct 21, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #5,980 of 35,957

Give me an ear impression, and I want it good, and I want it now!!

This guy can only go for K1 (pun intended 
biggrin.gif
)

Oct 21, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #5,981 of 35,957
How old are those?  Note ear canals are change and you need refit in 2yrs.

This two year rule....

Unfortunately is not the first time I have heard of this, and I guess this bogus rumor got started by someone with a slight bit of audiology knowledge.

For kids ( under 18) audiologists recommend hearing aids to be refit due to growth, ( about every two years) but in adults we rarely ever rebuild hearing aids due to a change in anatomy. In 15+ years, I have rebuilt one hearing aid and one ciem due to anatomy changes.

The hearing aid owner had cancer and lost a lot of weight, the Ciem owner lost 100 lbs due to dieting

Regarding isolation, the reality is, custom hard acrylic ciem's offer poor isolation when compared to other isolating devices

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 21, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #5,983 of 35,957
These Wizard-designed Kaiser 10 are headed to Singapore via our local dealer Music Sanctuary!​
 ​
Two beautiful pieces of Wizard's Wood are paired with dark smoke shells and 24K gold nugget. Definitely one of our favorite sets as of late!​
 ​
If you are located in or visiting Singapore, be sure to contact Calvin to arrange a demo of the entire Noble line.​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Oct 21, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #5,984 of 35,957

These Wizard-designed Kaiser 10 are headed to Singapore via our local dealer Music Sanctuary!​
 ​
Two beautiful pieces of Wizard's Wood are paired with dark smoke shells and 24K gold nugget. Definitely one of our favorite sets as of late!​
 ​
If you are located in or visiting Singapore, be sure to contact Calvin to arrange a demo of the entire Noble line.​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Gorgeous work, Still loving my K10's after 11months in... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back