Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 10, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #5,776 of 35,958
Ok, ok, so the aesthetics of Noble iem's is unparalleled.  They are all truly a sight to behold, and I've been enjoying all this conversation about materials, designs, etc.  But I've just been listening to my K10's for the last 3 hours and I have to say that I wouldn't care if they only came in solid black or white; the true beauty is in the listening.  These are the very first phones that I can honestly say caused me to turn off my critical ear and just take in the music.  I think there was always a tiny part of me, that when I listened to music, would critique the sound of the cymbals, or the bass guitar, or the violin, or wonder if the Les Paul sounded like I remembered live.  The artist's performance now takes center stage and I'm enjoying music the way I did when I was 10 years old listening to my parents console stereo record player!  And it's a wonderful thing.  Don't care how  many drivers or what material they're made of, I'm just amazed at the way the music captures my attention again.  And yes, having said all that, I still really enjoy just looking at them sitting in their case!

Oct 10, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #5,777 of 35,958
  Ok, ok, so the aesthetics of Noble iem's is unparalleled.  They are all truly a sight to behold, and I've been enjoying all this conversation about materials, designs, etc.  But I've just been listening to my K10's for the last 3 hours and I have to say that I wouldn't care if they only came in solid black or white; the true beauty is in the listening.  These are the very first phones that I can honestly say caused me to turn off my critical ear and just take in the music.  I think there was always a tiny part of me, that when I listened to music, would critique the sound of the cymbals, or the bass guitar, or the violin, or wonder if the Les Paul sounded like I remembered live.  The artist's performance now takes center stage and I'm enjoying music the way I did when I was 10 years old listening to my parents console stereo record player!  And it's a wonderful thing.  Don't care how  many drivers or what material they're made of, I'm just amazed at the way the music captures my attention again.  And yes, having said all that, I still really enjoy just looking at them sitting in their case!

I love reading posts like this - thank you!! It is exactly what I was hoping the K10s would do for me. I've actually just changed from being a "shuffle everything" listener to going album by album because it allows me to get absorbed into each artist and each album as they intended.

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #5,778 of 35,958

This is exactly how I felt and still feel now when I got my K10 around christmas last year. My audio journey began more than a decade ago and It culminated with the K10. With all my previous IEM and CIEM, I would be critical and try to listen and look out for ever nuance.
With the K10 it just made me stop. I listened to the music, enjoyed it and i'm much happier now than ever. The sound they produce is sublime and everytime I put em on, its a treat. I even look forward to my commute so I can listen to my music now. 

Kudos again to the Wizard and his Team

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #5,779 of 35,958
Darn the k10s universal looks so tempting! I currently own the n6. Can someone advise on whether there is any significant diff in the sound signature of n6 vs k10? Is it worth getting the k10 too? Please tell me no! Lol....

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #5,781 of 35,958

​

Yep, there is a difference
biggrin.gif

So, you are saying both will get you places, but the skateboard will save you money?

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #5,782 of 35,958
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/5775#post_10949920

I think we have to read the pictures from bottom to top. First we sell our cars, buy the k10 and then travel via skateboards! Lol.

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #5,783 of 35,958
Joking aside, I'm curious what the differences are between the Noble 4 and Kaiser 10. I've never really understood how a balanced signature (Kaiser 10) is different to a neutral one (4C / 4S). My only reference is the Etymotic ER4 is supposedly neutral and the Triple fi 10 Pro is considered balanced.

Oct 10, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #5,785 of 35,958

​

Yep, there is a difference
biggrin.gif

So you're saying the N6 is like a skateboard compared to the K10? 
biggrin.gif
 I think not! The N6 is much better than that. Before I heard the K10 Universals, the N6's were my favorite universal IEM.

But having spent a lot of time with the N6 and K10's, I will agree that the K10's are a huge step up from the N6 in every way. 

Oct 10, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #5,788 of 35,958

I like car analogies as well.....

K10...

Rosewill Woodies

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #5,789 of 35,958
European super cars has got the performance, design, and sexiness down to a T.  The GT-R has passion for performance only, IMO (the late NSX was a very good attempt of the whole package). Getting back on track (pun intended), my audition with the universal K10 painted a picture more on the lines of a Bentley Flying Spur or Rolls Wraith driven by Andretti while sitting in the back smoking a Cuban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back