Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 15, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #5,222 of 36,038
I got the ups slip for my k10's so I have to wait untill tomorrow :frowning2:, for some reason i'm supposed to write a check to the sender for $42.81 though. Did anyone else have this? I don't mind paying it but why am I being C.O.D for 42.81? I assumed it was a customs fee at first, but it says to make the check out to the sender. 

Yup, UPS made me pay the same exact fee. It's a customs fee, u can give the guy a Check.

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #5,223 of 36,038
  I got hit with a $33 COD from UPS when they delivered mine.  I was VERY surprised, but let it go.

I got hit with a $33 COD from UPS when they delivered mine.  I was VERY surprised, but let it go.

Yup, UPS made me pay the same exact fee. It's a customs fee, u can give the guy a Check.

Ahh I see, when I imported my monitor from korea, I got the customs fee in the mail a few weeks later so I was concerned. So do I make the check out to ups or noble? I'm not going to be here for the delivery so I have to leave the check with my brother. Thanks guys! 

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #5,224 of 36,038

Ahh I see, when I imported my monitor from korea, I got the customs fee in the mail a few weeks later so I was concerned. So do I make the check out to ups or noble? I'm not going to be here for the delivery so I have to leave the check with my brother. Thanks guys! 

You make the check out to UPS.  They are acting as your agent for the importing process and front whatever fees are charges they incur along with their internal costs. 

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #5,226 of 36,038
  You make the check out to UPS.  They are acting as your agent for the importing process and front whatever fees are charges they incur along with their internal costs. 

Thank you.
UPS.... 

It said on the slip to make the check out to sender and not UPS so I just wanted to be sure, but that part probably means If it were actually a C.O.D charge, and not a customs charge. Thanks for answering.

Also ups person that delivered today must be a ninja, there were 4 people downstairs in the living room when they said the note was left and they magically left the note there without anyone hearing them!

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #5,227 of 36,038

Then later stop payment on it.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #5,230 of 36,038

We hope everyone had an awesome weekend and is ready for an even better week!​
 ​
Kick things off by peeping these Wizard-designed 4C brought to you by our Singaporean compadres at Music Sanctuary.​
 ​
Is Singapore in the house?! Awww yeah. \(o_o)/​
 ​

I have to say I like them a lots.... damn you John and the team... stop trying to change my mind in the design......

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #5,232 of 36,038
Hi Brannon,
I read your location to be San Diego. I'm here too and live in Kearney Mesa. I plan to buy the K10 in November. I'm wondering, could you tell me if there'll be a meet in Coronado in November?
Also, I'm trying to get Head-Fiers in SD to meet for a social get-together.

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #5,233 of 36,038
  Hi Brannon,
I read your location to be San Diego. I'm here too and live in Kearney Mesa. I plan to buy the K10 in November. I'm wondering, could you tell me if there'll be a meet in Coronado in November?

Hey there,

First, thanks for your interest in Noble and choosing to hang around these parts.

I just moved to Santa Barbara a couple of weeks ago and am no longer living in San Diego, I'll update my location now. Regarding a possible November meet, I can't say if there will be a meet or not, @darinf has organized the last two SD meets and he might be willing to share his plans if he has any.

Best,

Brannan

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #5,234 of 36,038
I've heard Santa Barbara is beautiful place to do triceps dips.
bigsmile_face.gif

Are you coming to CT where I think the next NYC meet will be held in November? Will some brave Noble rep be there?

Noble needs some east coast representation!

You can't see it, but I'm all making the "east side" hand sign right now. It's like making an "E" with your hand.

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #5,235 of 36,038
  Hi Brannon,

Yes! I do plan on having another San Diego meet. I haven't even started to plan it yet, but usually it's the first Saturday in November at the Coronado Library in Coronado. I need to get started on that. Keep an eye out in the Head-Fi meet forum for an announcement.

As far as a social San Diego, sounds like fun. Not sure how many San Diego Head-Fiers there are, but there are some for sure.
-Darin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back