Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 6, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #5,131 of 35,958
  I recently got a pair of Noble 4 and I'm having a lot of trouble getting a proper fit with these things.

Originally the double flange tips fit fine, left ear just right, right ear slightly too big. Then after about two weeks, I can no longer get a seal with the double flange tips in my left ear and right ear is just right (how does this even happen?)

All of the other provided tips seem to be too small to fit my ears, so I was looking at Comply tips or other after market tips. Does anyone have suggestions as to what tips work well with the Noble 4?

I personally like either the stock purple core ones or the Ortofon tips but yeah you could get something from the comply 500 series if you want foam tips

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #5,137 of 35,958
K10s just showed up.

fired up some Amos Lee first.

good stuff!

popcorn.gif
 waiting for impression / pictures

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #5,138 of 35,958
Two questions to those of you who have 4C's:

1. Are you using the default cable or have you started using something else? I love the cable in terms of build quality and the fact that it never tangles, but those memory wires...

2. What do you use as your AMP(/DAC)? I'm using a Leckerton UHA-6s MK.ii and it definitely fills out the sounds. No coloration, just more. There's a noticeable difference between, say, my iPhone and my Leckerton.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #5,141 of 35,958

1. Are you using the default cable or have you started using something else? I love the cable in terms of build quality and the fact that it never tangles, but those memory wires...

2. What do you use as your AMP(/DAC)? I'm using a Leckerton UHA-6s MK.ii and it definitely fills out the sounds. No coloration, just more. There's a noticeable difference between, say, my iPhone and my Leckerton.

I can answer for my wife, who has the 4C. She is using the stock cable, although we cut off the memory wire portion so it works better with her glasses. She uses her iPhone 4S mostly, but she does slightly prefer when she uses my UHA 6S.mkii. the Lecterton amp is pretty awesome. I haven't actually heard anything that drives my K10s any better. Haven't yet gone balanced, but this amp is seriously good.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #5,143 of 35,958

1) I sometimes use a Toxic Cables Silver Poison. Without debating cable differences - it's strong and durable, plus due to the somewhat thick nature it doesn't tangle much. It also has no memory wire, instead relying on a sort of pre-formed angle at the IEM end. Works pretty well for me. This is one of the higher end models in their line but I imagine you can get something more affordable with the same benefits. 

I do also like the stock cable but then again I don't wear glasses so memory wire is less of an issue in my case.

2) Leckerton is killer. For a high quality home source with amp and DAC capabilities, I like the Reconessence Labs Concero HP. It's vaguely on par with the UHA-6S mkII in terms of amplification (which is a huge compliment) but the DAC section is far better. It plays DSD, DXD, hi-res PCM, and uses the latest Sabre chip if that sort of thing matters to you. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back