Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 2, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #3,871 of 36,036
My thanks to everyone involved in the London Noble/Chord demo event at SCSAV. I had the great pleasure of spending a leisurely couple of hours alone today with the K10 and Hugo.

Thanks to an oversight on my part in not taking along appropriate connectors (if you're going along with your own source, don't forget) I wasn't able to hook up my X5 to the Hugo so had to make do with unfamiliar high res music streamed from a laptop - but it sufficiently piqued my interest enough to book a return visit suitably equipped.

That said, it's pretty clear the K10's are the real stars, & plugged into my own kit made it very apparent just how good they are. The X5 can be a bit rough with treble on occasion, but (partnered with an E12 amp) through the K10's it's spectacularly good. It's a total cliché to say it, but in a way I've never heard before, the K10's highs are genuinely silk smooth with absolutely no grain at all, topping off a lovely balanced, full-bodied, full-scale soundscape. Yes, I'm smitten - better start saving.

The oddest part of the experience is that despite being totally taken with the K10's and having the desire for ownership set in place, I came away feeling even more content with my N4's as, whilst being quite obviously less capable than their big brothers, making a direct comparison demonstrated how exceptional they are at their price point.

Cracking afternoon it was.

May 2, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #3,872 of 36,036
My thanks to everyone involved in the London Noble/Chord demo event at SCSAV. I had the great pleasure of spending a leisurely couple of hours alone today with the K10 and Hugo.

Thanks to an oversight on my part in not taking along appropriate connectors (if you're going along with your own source, don't forget) I wasn't able to hook up my X5 to the Hugo so had to make do with unfamiliar high res music streamed from a laptop - but it sufficiently piqued my interest enough to book a return visit suitably equipped.

That said, it's pretty clear the K10's are the real stars, & plugged into my own kit made it very apparent just how good they are. The X5 can be a bit rough with treble on occasion, but (partnered with an E12 amp) through the K10's it's spectacularly good. It's a total cliché to say it, but in a way I've never heard before, the K10's highs are genuinely silk smooth with absolutely no grain at all, topping off a lovely balanced, full-bodied, full-scale soundscape. Yes, I'm smitten - better start saving.

The oddest part of the experience is that despite being totally taken with the K10's and having the desire for ownership set in place, I came away feeling even more content with my N4's as, whilst being quite obviously less capable than their big brothers, making a direct comparison demonstrated how exceptional they are at their price point.

Cracking afternoon it was.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 2, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #3,873 of 36,036
Quick question regarding Noble selection:
I have a pair of UE10s that I still like when at home or in a quiet environment.  But when flying, the bass kind of disappears in the background noise.  So I would like another set of CIEMs with more of a bass signature.  I would like to keep the price under $1000.  Would any of the Noble offerings fit the bill?  Impressions are set for Monday, just trying to decide where to mail them!

May 2, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #3,877 of 36,036
  Wow, thanks for the instant reply!  I corrected my post to indicate CIEMs.  Used the wrong acronym before. While I have had a lot of IEMs, once I went CIEMs I never went back.

Honestly, you'll want the 5C.  It comes to $950, which is just in your range.  They are definitely "bass flavored", and are the smaller cousins of the 8Cs.

May 2, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #3,878 of 36,036

Noble 5C is an often overlooked choice that deserves a lot of consideration.

No question, you have some of the most stunning art* I have ever seen!  By the way, is there a set of images on your site?  I did not see it at first glance.  Thanks!

* is "ear candy" an accepted term?

May 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #3,883 of 36,036
Some eye candy to start the weekend. 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back