Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 12, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #2,030 of 36,036

I was going to get a Crossover 27QW AH-IPS, but it has a Plasma Deposition Coating that really hurts the blacks. All these things have their flaws. The Tempest Overlord monitors use LG  A panels, the Korean panels are A-.

Found my new monitors! Never even heard of them until now. Now just got to decide do I want to get in on the preorder of the non-tempered version soon or wait for the tempered version. Thanks and sorry for the temporary thread jack.

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #2,031 of 36,036

I was thinking of getting the X-Star DP2710? Same Samsung panel as the Monex?

I feel more comfortable posting here, albeit unrelated, than in other forums. Glad to see this discussion sparked up. Helpful for a newbie like me. Sorry for the thread-jacking.

I've read ravings of the Overlords here and there but the price, oh the price. I think the Korean monitor will suffice for me. I only decided to build a computer ~3 weeks ago so...

Quote:
  I need a 1tb hard-drive... what's the best?

btw I'm monitoring this thread (feel free to groan)

+1 on the best priced name brand. WD and Seagate was mentioned more often than other brands. I opted for WD Caviar Blue myself. 

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #2,033 of 36,036
it might be derailed though it's good to share... and I got my info & what's a good monitor for the future...
bigsmile_face.gif

did I ever mention how much I lurve my N5 Wizards?

Feb 12, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #2,034 of 36,036
  it might be derailed though it's good to share... and I got my info & what's a good monitor for the future...
bigsmile_face.gif

did I ever mention how much I lurve my N5 Wizards?

Thought you had the N6? Or maybe you have both? 
eek.gif

Wouldn't mind getting an IEM. Maybe, next time I'm in HK, and the distributor is set up, I can find a shop to demo them. 

Feb 12, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #2,035 of 36,036
  Thought you had the N6? Or maybe you have both? 
eek.gif

Wouldn't mind getting an IEM. Maybe, next time I'm in HK, and the distributor is set up, I can find a shop to demo them. 

I do... but the N6 is out on demo for roughly a month (the N5 is back with me)... if you want to demo it let me know, if you can get to Maidstone (Victoria Stn>train) in a couple of weeks you can demo the Hugo as well, I'll reveal all on Monday when everything has been confirmed.

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #2,036 of 36,036
I have been building PC's for about 15 years now, so when it comes to hardware, I know my stuff. I have done Crossfire, liquid cooling, etc etc. My 3570k runs at 4.6 all day long on 1.25v, it has been able to hit 5.0 stable, I just don't like using that much voltage.

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #2,040 of 36,036
Hi Mr Noble Wizard Sir........  Do you intend to do the K10 as a UF option ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back