Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 16, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #1,441 of 36,038
  First of all, please excuse this potentially controversial post. Here's a fellow head-fier's account of how he's been in great anticipation for his first pair of custom IEMs and suffered an unpleasant surprise today:

http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/random-iem-headphone-rants.106883/page-102#post-1910793

Believe it or not, I personally don't have a skin in the game. I haven't even been following this thread until today. But I've talked to the guy, suggesting he post his experience on head-fi, and he dismissed it on grounds that it would be deleted anyway.

So, here's my personal appeal to both MOTs and mods/admins: please be more open and transparent, particularly when comes to dealing with unpleasant issues. crap like that happens and I feel for you, but trying to keep a lid on things creates exactly the kind of environment in which conspiracy theories flourish. Anyone who doesn't find info on something like this even three days after the event, will sure as hell start putting two and two (and what-not-else) together...

Thanks for hearing me out. 
smile_phones.gif

Now feel free to delete this post.
wink.gif
ph34r.gif

Not trying to 'defend' or 'offend' anyone here, but most of what I read in that linked thread seems to be largely based upon conjecture and feelings of insecurity, rather than, necessarily, being hard fact(s). Many first-time CIEM customers get jittery over delays etc. (just look at the JHA Roxanne thread, or the old Unique Melody Global 'Promotion' thread, from a couple of years ago, for examples of this, and there are plenty of other threads from various CIEM vendors, that show similar patterns of jittery customers when faced with delays).

Rather than jump-the-gun and speculate, I really think Head-fiers should stand back and let Noble deal with this situation.

Sure, if they don't handle things well, then that customer is entitled to complain publicly, but it doesn't seem like that stage has yet been reached. For all we know, the Noble team may rally and handle the situation really well.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #1,442 of 36,038

Not trying to 'defend' or 'offend' anyone here, but most of what I read in that linked thread seems to be largely based upon conjecture and feelings of insecurity, rather than, necessarily, being hard fact(s). Many first-time CIEM customers get jittery over delays etc. (just look at the JHA Roxanne thread, or the old Unique Melody Global 'Promotion' thread, from a couple of years ago, for examples of this, and there are plenty of other threads from various CIEM vendors, that show similar patterns of jittery customers when faced with delays).

Rather than jump-the-gun and speculate, I really think Head-fiers should stand back and let Noble deal with this situation.

Sure, if they don't handle things well, then that customer is entitled to complain publicly, but it doesn't seem like that stage has yet been reached. For all we know, the Noble team may rally and handle the situation really well.

If you're going to mention 'Unique Melody Global' you should know that their problems extended far beyond delays.  I lost $450 (plus ear molds and shipping) on a useless, non-functioning 3DD and UM Global as well as UM's Chinese contact were the exact opposite of helpful.  Any negative things said about those scum bags isn't negative enough.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #1,443 of 36,038
I was among those whose completed CIEMs and ear impressions were confiscated in the raid on their facility.

I'm disappointed that it happened but I can't fault Noble for something their sleazy competitor did. Their customer service and offer to rectify the situation were above and beyond what I expected. Needless to say I still have full confidence in the Noble team and this experience would only increase the chances of me continuing to do business with them in the for future.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #1,444 of 36,038
Just wanted to chime in
I have absolutely no idea what all this fuss is about, but i read pretty harsh comments on the Wizard on the site James4444 referred to.
All I can say, is that I've experienced one of the best customer services I've ever seen, with very responsive and helpful people, and not to mention a fantastic finished product.
I'm not really used to post on this kind of subject, but what I read about Mr Moulton's team seemed to me pretty unfair

Ps: apparently the post just before mine confirmed this

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #1,446 of 36,038
Yeah, I'm a bit confused on the pointed post James.  Noble cant be to blame and I am sure there was a ton of things going on between the raid and the days following to find out exactly what is going on.  As for the post that was delieved, until there was confirmation that this happened, which that poster said it was the next day after mods deleted that thread, I would have deleted it too. 

I am not one to defend a MOT or admins here. I have been in trouble a couple times but I dont think either side handled anything incorrectly in this case.   

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #1,447 of 36,038

If you're going to mention 'Unique Melody Global' you should know that their problems extended far beyond delays.  I lost $450 (plus ear molds and shipping) on a useless, non-functioning 3DD and UM Global as well as UM's Chinese contact were the exact opposite of helpful.  Any negative things said about those scum bags isn't negative enough.

No, I wasn't referring to 'Unique Melody Global' - I was referring to Unique Melody's 'Global Promotion'.

But let's not stray too far from the fact that this is a 'Noble Audio' thread. I only mentioned UM (and JHA) in passing, as illustrative counterpoints to the discussion about Noble
beerchug.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #1,448 of 36,038
My fiancée's ear impressions arrived at the labs on Monday. Haven't heard anything from Noble to indicate that they were taken, but I'm sure they'd be very helpful and communicative if anything were amiss. Echoing the comments here, I've had nothing but stellar interaction and communication with Dr. Moulton, Brannan, Nancy, and the rest of the Noble team.  I can't really say the same for a certain other company.

Noble has, and will continue to have, my support now and in the future.  Now please bring on the Noble 6S so I can have my dreams fulfilled and spend some more money! 
etysmile.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #1,449 of 36,038
After chatting about Sorensiim's lovely amber K10s, in the DX90 thread, I was musing upon how amber K10s would look, theoretically, if real amber, with embedded insects, was used for the faceplates. I shudder to think of the cost, but I think it would look rather cool:

Again, please note, this is a fake image, just to illustrate a theory:

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #1,451 of 36,038
  After chatting about Sorensiim's lovely amber K10s, in the DX90 thread, I was musing upon how amber K10s would look, theoretically, if real amber, with embedded insects, was used for the faceplates. I shudder to think of the cost, but I think it would look rather cool:

They would rename it to the Jurassic model.

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #1,453 of 36,038

*cut*

I WANT TO HAVE ONE AND GROW A T-REX OUT OF IT.

If any company can do it, its Noble.

ON the serious note, your loyal fanbase is behind you, Noble Audio, Wizard, Brannan, Nancy, Kaiser, the entire team.

We support you, Noble Audio. Your loyal fans stand behind you

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #1,454 of 36,038

In theory, that could be done

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #1,455 of 36,038
IMHO who ever is behind the tip, signed their own death certificate. I mean as a business. Noble has so much support, I just have a feeling someone is done in the CIEM business.
This is not so obvious. If said someone is more connected in China than Noble, and they decide to cause trouble, like they just did, well it is going to be hard for Noble to do buisness. Connections are everything here. Anyways I wish them a peaceful resolution to this mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back