Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #976 of 36,036

A suggestion:

If you have a set of comply T-500s, use it BUT cut off the extra bits of foam that protrude past the rubber core. I get the best seal using that system, as there's no air pressure/vacuum seal involved. I find it actually brings out the treble more for me with unvented iems like this.

I appreciate the suggestion and I'll give it a shot in the future when I'm back in North America.

Having tried all the various tips included with the N4 I've settled on the smallest of the blue.  The red and bi flange work though comfort is poor.  I question if anyone will get a good fit with the included foam.

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #977 of 36,036
  Regarding "Your case" it is really hard to say, as no one can really safely answer that question, and due to that.... I'd probably lean toward CIEMs.

In the time I've spent with the Noble 3, I've learned that this was probably good advice -- I've had trouble maintaining a seal with all of the included tips. 
frown.gif
 The Comply S-500s (which I trekked to my local RadioShack to get) provide the best fit for me, with the red tips included with the IEMs coming in second. The blue tips provide the best sound response, but aren't able to remain in my ears for long.

In any case, the sound of these is definitely V-shaped as advertised. The bass is slightly less prominent than I prefer; the treble, slightly more prominent. As such, I think I should've sucked it up and waited until I could afford the Noble 5 (or a 5C/8C). 
redface.gif
 That was my original plan, but then the Black Friday sale happened. 
tongue.gif

Obviously, none of this is the fault of the Wizard (or anyone else at Noble). My ears are a little finicky, and I knew when I ordered them that I was buying an IEM with a signature that was somewhat different than what I usually desire. Oh well!

In other news...while I'm fairly sensitive to treble harshness, I have found the Noble 3's treble to be quite non-fatiguing. Given how extended the treble response is compared to my other sets, that's a pretty impressive feat IMHO. The technicalities of these IEMs also seems to be good...although I am far from being the most critical listener on this forum.

In any case, I think if you want a good V-shaped earphone, these will fit the bill. 
smile.gif
 I certainly think they'll find a nice place in my collection while I save up for the 5C (or 8C, as the case may end up being).

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #978 of 36,036
  I appreciate the suggestion and I'll give it a shot in the future when I'm back in North America.

Having tried all the various tips included with the N4 I've settled on the smallest of the blue.  The red and bi flange work though comfort is poor.  I question if anyone will get a good fit with the included foam.

Our foam tips are my favorite tips out of the four kinds we offer. Haven't spent much time with foam alternatives, however from what I have been told is ours are more durable, probably in part because they are core-less and sealed. UltimateMango was the first person outside of Noble to receive some of the foam tips many months ago as he was yearning for something like the Shure Black Olives, but would of course fit our IEMs. Hopefully, like all things, they last a long time if you do end up using them.

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #979 of 36,036
I usually use medium size tips with IEMs but I am using the small blue core tips. Tried both the red and double (not a fan of foam) but the small blue seems to fit and sound the best to me.

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #980 of 36,036

Our foam tips are my favorite tips out of the four kinds we offer. Haven't spent much time with foam alternatives, however from what I have been told is ours are more durable, probably in part because they are core-less and sealed. UltimateMango was the first person outside of Noble to receive some of the foam tips many months ago as he was yearning for something like the Shure Black Olives, but would of course fit our IEMs. Hopefully, like all things, they last a long time if you do end up using them.

I likely spoke too soon and subjectively.  The Noble 4 is technically excellent but when you have narrow ear canals it's a little more difficult to extract said excellence.

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #985 of 36,036
N4 universal. Yeah these are good. I agree they are like the JH13 freqphase. The JH13 has a bass lift that makes it sound fuller, the Noble 4 doesn't. JH13 has a bit more headroom. Noble is a touch looser on control. Very neutral, if i knew what neutral ment. The resolution from these are pretty amazing. UE900 blocked pinhole or not, these have more resolution.

To me, N4 is a universal with no compromises, mid centric, nah, bass heavy, nah. They're pretty susceptible to source and tips. The included blue is good. Complys and foams sound smooth. Silicone most anything sound a touch sharper.

My source is iphone 5 to ressonance labs herus, aq dragonfly or odac+c5.

Really good work by Noble.

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #990 of 36,036
Now that gets a big "WOW" from me.  Love those face plates.

Those are the copper filament faceplate which is somekind of hidden option. I really love that too when i see the photos here. I ask for it when i order and they made me this lovely baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back