Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 28, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #961 of 36,040
Got my K10's and they sound beautiful and they fit perfectly! i never got this kind of comfort and isolation with my previous customs.
I'm one happy camper.

paired with my new Sony ZX1 and the hydra 8 core hybrid cable.....its ....so......OMGWTFBBQ......i look forward to putting em in my ears and just enjoying the music.

Dec 28, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #962 of 36,040
I had to cancel my trip to Cologne last night, due to the fact that i ran out of rocket fuel. Why hasnt someone invented the teleport allready, or at least a timemachine. Well. I guess I'll just have to wait for my N4 to arrive. At least it's only two days now...

Btw, here is why I ended up ordering the Noble N4:

First of all i found the description of the sound signature as being spot on, according to my preferences in sound. I have had some time with the Heir 4.Ai in the past, and i thought they were a very capable and great sounding pair of IEMs, and i would probably have bought myself a pair, if it wasn't for the dip in the 5k frequency range, which really spoiled the fun for me. As soon as i discovered that this "issue" had been fixed on the N4, i was ready to pull the tricker on them.
I haven't heard the Heir 5.0, but as i understand, it has a lot of bass empassis compared to the Heir 4.Ai, and since the N5 is basically the same IEM as the Heir 5.0, and i prefer a more neutral sound signature, it didn't make much sense for me to go for the N5. Especially not with a higher pricetag than the N4.
I have to admit though that i was seriously considering the N6, at least until i saw it's pricetag. Then i realized that i wasn't willing to pay that much for the N6, and so i settled with the N4.

After reading some of the initial impressions of the N4 in this thread, i have no doubt that i have made the right decision, and i just can't wait for them to arrive. That being said i hope to get an opportunity to listen to the N6 and do some comparision with my N4. And when that time comes, i really hope that i will prefer my N4 over the N6, or at least to find that they aren't that much of an upgrade, to justify it's +$500 higher pricetag. 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #963 of 36,040
  Just got my Noble 4.  Very initial impressions (6 songs in):  Smooth, excellent vocals, lots of air and tight bass.  Bass is not deep but what's there is the way I like it (no slop into the mids).

One thing, the upper hinge on my storage box keeps detaching when it's opened.

P.S. Changed tips twice so far without much difficulty (contrary to what I expected based on messages in this forum).

More later....

Deviltooth, I'm curious of yours impressions as to the comparison between n4 vs pro330/jh13.

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #964 of 36,040
  Got my K10's and they sound beautiful and they fit perfectly! i never got this kind of comfort and isolation with my previous customs.
I'm one happy camper.

paired with my new Sony ZX1 and the hydra 8 core hybrid cable.....its ....so......OMGWTFBBQ......i look forward to putting em in my ears and just enjoying the music.

DAYUM those are some pretty woodies! 
eek.gif

I had to cancel my trip to Cologne last night, due to the fact that i ran out of rocket fuel. Why hasnt someone invented the teleport allready, or at least a timemachine. Well. I guess I'll just have to wait for my N4 to arrive. At least it's only to days now...

Make sure you stock up on rocket fuel in January so we can meet up and do A/B comparisons between your N4 and my 4.Ai 
beerchug.gif

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #966 of 36,040
disappointed...

scheduled delivery date for my universal was stated to be today, so i turned down all appointment to stay at home and excitedly wait for the deliveryman to come knocking at my door but at the end of the day, nothing came. guess i am being hit by the ups delivery held up, so will have to wait patiently for another two more days. (its saturday over here at my country)

but after looking at all the initial impressions, guess it will definitely be worth another 2 days of waiting. but am just abit sad that i can't explore around with it during the weekends. now i have to start saving for the next black friday deal (for my first ever ciem).

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #968 of 36,040
  disappointed...

scheduled delivery date for my universal was stated to be today, so i turned down all appointment to stay at home and excitedly wait for the deliveryman to come knocking at my door but at the end of the day, nothing came. guess i am being hit by the ups delivery held up, so will have to wait patiently for another two more days. (its saturday over here at my country)

but after looking at all the initial impressions, guess it will definitely be worth another 2 days of waiting. but am just abit sad that i can't explore around with it during the weekends. now i have to start saving for the next black friday deal (for my first ever ciem).

I think all the delivery companies are suffering lately. I've had USPS, FedEx, and UPS deliveries all come late within the past week. It sure is annoying when the tracking estimates delivery as today, and the day comes and goes.... with no updates to the tracking info. I feel your pain! Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end. 

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #969 of 36,040
DAYUM those are some pretty woodies! :eek:

I was thinking the same thing, simple understated, old school Woodies..... Just to repeat the story, the reason I started using wood in the first place is because I didn't have a laser printer or a decal printer.... And even if I did my skills with a computer are so bad, I doubt it would make a difference.

Nice hard wood is plentiful in Thailand, so I figured I'd use it to spruce up the ciems

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 28, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #971 of 36,040
  I'll post some comparisons in a little more time.  Because the Noble 4 is a universal I'm tip rolling to get a fit I feel results in the best performance from the N4.

A suggestion:

If you have a set of comply T-500s, use it BUT cut off the extra bits of foam that protrude past the rubber core. I get the best seal using that system, as there's no air pressure/vacuum seal involved. I find it actually brings out the treble more for me with unvented iems like this.

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #972 of 36,040
guess monday morning first thing i will do is give ups a call. because by drawing comparison with another guy in a local forum (his universal was in the same shipment batch as mine and he had received his universal this afternoon) i found out that my ups shipment progress was stagnant at arrival scan since last night, whereas his progress move on to import scan>departure scan>destination scan>delivered.

fingers crossed that i am just being paranoid and thinking too much about it due to not being about to enjoy my universal as expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back