Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #931 of 36,036
Just got my Noble 4.  Very initial impressions (6 songs in):  Smooth, excellent vocals, lots of air and tight bass.  Bass is not deep but what's there is the way I like it (no slop into the mids).

One thing, the upper hinge on my storage box keeps detaching when it's opened.

P.S. Changed tips twice so far without much difficulty (contrary to what I expected based on messages in this forum).

More later....

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #932 of 36,036
All those Noble 4 impressions that keeps coming in... they aren't very helpfull at all. There is no way that i can wait until monday for mine to arrive, so I might as well get in the car right now and drive all the way to Cologne, Germany to get them! It's only a 300 miles drive! Each way of course... Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours in my rocket powered Ford Mondeo.

Dec 27, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #935 of 36,036
  How on earth did you guys fit the blue stemmed ones onto the iem.  The red ones have bigger wholes and are much thicker so they are easier to fit onto the iem.

Hahahaha, patience, young grasshopper. :wink: No just kidding I went tip rolling so I had to try to put the blue ones on like, 4 times. You'd think that it'd get easier with more experience... x)" On the bright side, it doesn't seem that they will be falling off anytime soon.

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #937 of 36,036
Some more impressions of the N6:

With some extra brain burn in time, I'm enjoying the piss out of the Noble 6. I just listened to my favorite album of  the year, The Lumineers. The N6 transported me to the studio, which is a major criteria for me when it comes down to seeing which iems are keepers. Furthermore, these iems are easily top tier in my book.

Refinement, resolution, imaging, and musical transparency (the ability of an iem to vanish, putting the listener directly in the music) are my criteria for calling an iem top tier, and the N6 delivers in spades. I'm especially stricken by how detailed it is, even with the fatigue-free signature. The imaging is also great. I'm a whore for great vocals, and the N6 blows me away in some tracks. My favorite iems for vocals are the ASG-2, TG334, and the Senn IE800, but the N6 is trying to be the D'Artagnan of the group.

Owners of the Noble 6, do yourself a favor and listen to this track. It's short, but really shows the prowess the N6 has with vocals. 

It's not without caveats though. Again, I wish it wasn't so warm at low volumes. It also does't start to fully stretch its legs until it reaches volumes that I'm not comfortable listening at for long periods.

I'll expand more as I get more time with it.

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #941 of 36,036
Some more impressions of the N6:

With some extra brain burn in time, I'm enjoying the piss out of the Noble 6. I just listened to my favorite album of  the year, The Lumineers. The N6 transported me to the studio, which is a major criteria for me when it comes down to seeing which iems are keepers. Furthermore, these iems are easily top tier in my book.

Refinement, resolution, imaging, and musical transparency (the ability of an iem to vanish, putting the listener directly in the music) are my criteria for calling an iem top tier, and the N6 delivers in spades. I'm especially stricken by how detailed it is, even with the fatigue-free signature. The imaging is also great. I'm a whore for great vocals, and the N6 blows me away in some tracks. My favorite iems for vocals are the ASG-2, TG334, and the Senn IE800, but the N6 is trying to be the D'Artagnan of the group.

Owners of the Noble 6, do yourself a favor and listen to this track. It's short, but really shows the prowess the N6 has with vocals. 

It's not without caveats though. Again, I wish it wasn't so warm at low volumes. It also does't start to fully stretch its legs until it reaches volumes that I'm not comfortable listening at for long periods.

I'll expand more as I get more time with it.

Great music and sounds great with the 6

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 27, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #943 of 36,036
I got my package today but I had to pay a brokerage fee to take it, 38.85 for the K10s. Just scratching my head why that is, I thought S&H was included with whatever.

Probably import tax or similar.....Here in the UK we have to pay Import Tax and VAT on most imported goods.

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #945 of 36,036
Really? It's the first package I ever paid for that ever had this fee, and I ordered from Korea, Thailand, etc before. Never encountered such a "brokerage fee."

Well I could be wrong as I can only go on how it works here in the UK. Maybe someone based in the US and your specific area may have a more definite answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back