Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 27, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #901 of 36,040
early impressions of the 6: imaging, soundstage width and depth = wow.

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #902 of 36,040
Keep the impressions coming! 
popcorn.gif

My N4's is still expected to arrive at 30/12, but according to tracking they are now in Denmark! I will try to do some early impressions myself as soon as they arrives.

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #904 of 36,040
  early impressions of the 6: imaging, soundstage width and depth = wow.

Sound stage, yes indeed very impressive. Particular the vertical level of the sound stage (doesn't mean that it truly is!) compared to the lateral level of sound stage. Although absolutely nothing lacking...

Depth wise, I find this area to be very much more dependent on the quality of recording etc. and maybe how we perceive this.. I could be very much wrong...

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #905 of 36,040
Sound stage, yes indeed very impressive. Particular the vertical level of the sound stage (doesn't mean that it truly is!) compared to the lateral level of sound stage. Although absolutely nothing lacking...

Depth wise, I find this area to be very much more dependent on the quality of recording etc. and maybe how we perceive this.. I could be very much wrong...

Also music type? And you could be used to more higher end separation and sounds take depth than I am.

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #906 of 36,040
  My N4's is still expected to arrive at 30/12, but according to tracking they are now in Denmark!

Apparently not... Now the tracking now states that they are in germany.
confused_face(1).gif

Oh well... At least the estimated delivery date hasn't changed, but i feel like quoting Fry: "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand."
obviously don't wan't humanity to get wiped out, but the waiting is giving me a hard time. 
frown.gif

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #907 of 36,040
  Apparently not... Now the tracking now states that they are in germany.
confused_face(1).gif

Oh well... At least the estimated delivery date hasn't changed, but i feel like quoting Fry: "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand."
obviously don't wan't humanity to get wiped out, but the waiting is giving me a hard time. 
frown.gif

UPS makes stops along the way. If you are in Europe, Germany/Poland is usually the last stop before your destination country.

Thanks for the initial impressions, keep them coming., although I will say that I'm loving not having to decide on what tips I need anymore (until next time). :)

Dec 27, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #909 of 36,040
I've had the Noble 4 since early Thursday (12/26).. I found the tips with the purple/blue stems (with the bar running through the middle) yields the most neutral sound.  I've been listening to them (w/ the UHA760) for nearly the entire day.. and I'm impressed with the SQ.. really impressive.  I haven't had a pair of universal IEMs in quite some time.. well, since I got the UERM & JH13Pro.. those two customs effectively squashed any interest in any universal (and most custom) IEMs.  I bought the N4 on a whim (took advantage of the BF sale).

I want to spend more time with them, but I'll say that preliminary listening indicates that it gives up little, if anything, to the (custom fit) UERM.  I'll have to A/B them more, though.  Unfortunately, I'm not really digging the N4's fit (I was reminded that one thing I do not miss about universal IEMs is the sometimes/mostly arduous task of 'tip rolling').. if I have one regret, it's not getting the custom fit version.  I'll see how it works out, though.  But back to the sound.. it's quite neutral.. I think the strength of this phone isn't that it wows you with any specific qualities.. but that it really has no glaring weaknesses.  I mean that as a (high) compliment, too.. and frankly, that's sometimes tougher than tuning a phone to have great bass or terrific treble, (while sacrificing other aspects ind design/sound) etc.  I tend to hear phones in the way @ljokerl does.. and IME so far, he nailed the Noble 4S review.

I'm glad be mentioned the HiFiMan comparisons when talking about how the quality of the Noble 4's neutrality.. that's quite apt.  Talking purely about the sound signature, the Noble 4 reminds me of a mix of the HE-500 & RE272 (especially the mids) in some ways.  The N4's treble is indeed, well done.. the mids are the show stealer.. but the bass doesn't get left behind, either.  I also find the N4 to be very transparent.. it isn't as detailed or resolving as the JH13.. but like the UERM, it comes close.  Another one of the most impressive aspects.. actually the thing that jumped out to me first.. was the tonal balance.  Again, it reminded me of the UERM in this regard.  It's almost redundant, from a signature standpoint, to own both the N4 & UERM, for me personally.. since they tuned with a very similar spirit.  I may end up selling the N4 and getting a custom version at the next sale (that hopefully won't come sooner than later).

I'll have more thoughts later.. but so far, it's a terrific phone.  As far as neutrality is concerned, it's better than any universal I've heard... I find it more impressive than some of my faves like the GR07, BA200, RE-400, RE272, RE262, etc.  I like it more than F111 that I got to audition not so long ago, as well.  For the BF price, I feel like I got a steal.. even at the regular price now, I'm hard pressed to think of anything better.  It would take a mighty impressive IEM to split ear time with the JH13 & UERM.. and the N4 is worthy of the challenge.  Congrats to Noble Audio, the N4 is a very finely crafted IEM!

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #910 of 36,040
  I've had the Noble 4 since early Thursday (12/26)..

But back to the sound.. it's quite neutral.. I think the strength of this phone isn't that it wows you with any specific qualities.. but that it really has no glaring weaknesses.  I mean that as a (high) compliment, too.. and frankly, that's sometimes tougher than tuning a phone to have great bass or terrific treble, (while sacrificing other aspects ind design/sound) etc.  I tend to hear phones in the way 

Wow! You definitely got me more interested with the N4! Joker took the steal and passed the ball to you, then you went and finished it with a dunk!

Thanks mate! Now I have to really speed up my savings...

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #911 of 36,040

I'll have more thoughts later.. but so far, it's a terrific phone.  As far as neutrality is concerned, it's better than any universal I've heard... I find it more impressive than some of my faves like the GR07, BA200, RE-400, RE272, RE262, etc.  I like it more than F111 that I got to audition not so long ago, as well.  For the BF price, I feel like I got a steal.. even at the regular price now, I'm hard pressed to think of anything better.  It would take a mighty impressive IEM to split ear time with the JH13 & UERM.. and the N4 is worthy of the challenge.  Congrats to Noble Audio, the N4 is a very finely crafted IEM!

Nice job with the hype! 

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #912 of 36,040
  Nice job with the hype! 

No hype here.  It's a damn good phone.  PERIOD.  If neutrality is of concern.. the Noble 4/4C/4S is a very well tuned phone.  For the record, I've also owned the 4.A (custom).. I didn't like it.  The 4K dip was glaring (but Heir did an incredible job with the build).. so I ordered the NA 4 with some apprehension, but optimism since one of it's selling points was the elimination of said dip.

Also, I'm not sure how my post constitutes as hype?  I compared the NA4 to phones I've owned for quite a long time (hell, I owned the HE-500 & RE272 twice!).. and phones I've very familiar with and use on a daily basis (JH13 & UERM).. those two customs are incredibly well regarded (and rightfully so, IME)... so again, I'm not sure where you're sensing the hype.  I trust my hearing and have been around this hobby quite long enough to know good from bad (regardless of price).. I've owned budget-fi and I've owned flagship customs/and full sized phones.. I feel I've got a good idea of what performance is to be expected at various price points.  For the NA4's going price, I think it's quite competitive with any of the other 'hyped' phones it competes against.  Only downside so far, I'm not in love with the fit.. but hey, I'm used to customs these days.. so I guess that's kind of to be expected.

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #913 of 36,040
Can anyone please tell me whether there is a difference in sound between Noble 4c vs Noble 4s. Theoretically they should sound the same since they have same drivers, crossovers etc. However, they are build from different materials so I'm wondering whether there are any differences in sound.

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #914 of 36,040
So apparently my delivery arrived this morning despite my previous scepticism. The Good Lady did have to hand over £20.70 to the delivery man before he'd part with them though. Not sure what the charge was for as VAT would have been significantly higher than that, but I guess it depends what was on the customs declaration. I'll find out once I get home from work.

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #915 of 36,040
So apparently my delivery arrived this morning despite my previous scepticism. The Good Lady did have to hand over £20.70 to the delivery man before he'd part with them though. Not sure what the charge was for as VAT would have been significantly higher than that, but I guess it depends what was on the customs declaration. I'll find out once I get home from work.

Same here,

£9.87 import VAT
£11.00 BrokerageSurcharges
£20.87 Total.

per the UPS invoice stuck on the front of the package (fore Noble 6 by the way)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back