Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 4, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #11,506 of 36,040
Thank you.
I am acustomed to the N4 and I truly love them. I would replace them only if I find in-ears sharing the same sound but even more refined. Bass is not an issue, even if I am still interested in the N6 for intensive electronic sessions. But I have hedphones that perform well in this department. I am happy with my gear, but curiosity rules.

You might want to try the Savant if you can get your hands on them. 

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #11,508 of 36,040
I would love to hear more about these.
And I wish someone over at Noble celebrated their birthday one of these days and threw a nice sale, I should be able to buy the Noble 3s then.:D
you mean like dr John Moulton's birthday at the end of this month? :p

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #11,509 of 36,040
  Just posted my rambling thoughts on the Savant: http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-savant/reviews/13291

You left out the graphs and how many drivers are inside.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #11,511 of 36,040
  Thanks for the reply.
I'm still really discovering my taste as far as sound signatures are concerned.
My musical tastes are best described as eclectic, anything but Rap and Electronic. I mainly listen to Rock and Acoustic music.

I like to get a feel of the entire spectrum, the rumbling bass, shimmery cymbals, raw vocals and wailing guitars! Not sure my budget can match my taste.
tongue.gif

Well, it isn't exactly a small amount for me. Not after my recent purchases.

I do like EDM. I really like forward mids with nice bass rumble and highs to be a little more recessed, but still present. How does the Noble 4 compare to Noble 3?

The Noble 3 is fantastic with dance music, but it's not too great with rock and acoustic, as vocals are not its strong suit. In fact, I think the Noble 4 is a better choice, as it has a relatively balanced sound with good bass and treble presentations. Treble is smooth and controlled, and has sparkle when required. Bass is a bit on the lean side, but there is punch and decent extension. With a more forward midrange relative to the Noble 3, vocals have better presence and authority. The Noble 4 is a bit more expensive, but an overall better IEM, IMO. Apart from bass heavy genres (e.g. EDM), the Noble 4 handles a wider range of music better.

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #11,512 of 36,040
  Just posted my rambling thoughts on the Savant: http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-savant/reviews/13291

Thanks for your review! Very interesting in your description of the Savant. The K10 has some of the nicest mids I've heard - lush and full, without being overly weighty or thick. If the Savant can 1-up the K10's mids, then it's something I might be interested to try (buy?). As you've said, it serves as a nice counterpart to the generally brilliant K10.

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #11,513 of 36,040
Jun 4, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #11,517 of 36,040
Thanks for your review! Very interesting in your description of the Savant. The K10 has some of the nicest mids I've heard - lush and full, without being overly weighty or thick. If the Savant can 1-up the K10's mids, then it's something I might be interested to try (buy?). As you've said, it serves as a nice counterpart to the generally brilliant K10.

The Savant does vocals in a more intimate and direct way than the K10 and sometimes that's just what the doctor ordered!

Agree, a great review Sorensiim. I have come to trust your judgement and your impressions confirm my decision to replace N4 with Savant as the universal accompaniment to my Kaiser. N4 is a great 'critical listening' IEM but occasionally I find myself wishing it was just a little bit less honest in its presentation :wink:

Glad you liked my review, but uhm... I find the Savant to be more honest than the N4 (from memory).

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #11,520 of 36,040
  Today is the 8th day after the impressions for my rush-ordered K10's arrived at the Noble labs. Here's to some pictures tonight. 
L3000.gif

It's 6-8 business days.....

Trust me, I am on about the same time-frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back