Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 2, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #9,498 of 36,038
Not sure if this was asked already, but do you guys really work out with customs?  Some people mentioned the new Noble bluetooth dongle being a great solution for the gym.  Just wondering if I would wreck my (soon to be ordered) K10's if I worked out with them.   

CIEM's are designed for stage use. Some performers get a pretty good work out onstage.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #9,501 of 36,038

So having proper tips would equate to the isolation of customs? I just don't want to lose any bass extension because of improper isolation. Only reason I'm not 100% on the customs is because my ear canals aren't done growing yet (and won't be for a while due to my age), so I don't want to need more than 2 refits until I reach that age. I have to go see an audiologist to get their opinion, though.

Can Brannan or Dr. Moulton talk about this a bit more? When is the right age (or the minimum age, at least) to get an ear impression? One that is almost, if not fully developed already, and likely won't change in a couple of years? I'm 24 and just ordered a 4C, so I hope I won't have to get a refit 3 or 4 years down the road.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #9,502 of 36,038
Can Brannan or Dr. Moulton talk about this a bit more? When is the right age (or the minimum age, at least) to get an ear impression? One that is almost, if not fully developed already, and likely won't change in a couple of years? I'm 24 and just ordered a 4C, so I hope I won't have to get a refit 3 or 4 years down the road.

I'm sure they are reluctant to give a definite age since everyone's different. I would highly doubt at 24 you would need a refit in a few years.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #9,503 of 36,038
So having proper tips would equate to the isolation of customs? I just don't want to lose any bass extension because of improper isolation. Only reason I'm not 100% on the customs is because my ear canals aren't done growing yet (and won't be for a while due to my age), so I don't want to need more than 2 refits until I reach that age. I have to go see an audiologist to get their opinion, though.

I found a comment made earlier by Dr. Moulton on this thread.  Hope this helps.
Quote by Dr. Moulton -
"I can't remember the exact years that the ear stops "growing" and by ear I mean concha, and shape of the ear canal, but I do belive it is around 18-19 Yrs old.

I built a set for my nephew when he was 14, and at around 16 he reported they did not fit any longer.

But for the normal adult, about the only time one expects a change in ear anatomy would be due to a massive weight gain or massive weight loss. A great percentage of the anatomy of the ear, outer ear and ear canal area contains fatty type tissue.

In my time, (almost 20 years now) I have really only had to rebuild 1 CIEM due to massive weight loss, and one hearing aid due to massive weight loss."

I apologize if it is inappropriate to post someone else's quote.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #9,504 of 36,038

I apologize if it is inappropriate to post someone else's quote.

Hope it's not inappropriate as I was just about to do the same thing, but you beat me to it!
beerchug.gif

Cheers 

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #9,505 of 36,038
Hi again!

How does the JH Layla compare to the K10s? I am trying to find a way to justify the +1000 dollars on the JH Layla. Considering I will be buying the Chord Hugo and maybe even a DAP, the Layla is a little off the shelf. I truly hope that anyone of you've done a comparison between the two? 

Both IEMs will be paired with the Chord Hugo (after a lot of decisions I chose the Chord Hugo over the AK240). 

Here are parts of what I listen to:

Some artists for example: James Blake, Chet Faker (http://youtu.be/xYGNgTOGhwk?t=1m44s or this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_-P_BS6KY), Alt-J, The xx, Ben Howard, Efterklang, The National, M83.

Because those kind of artists is the music genre I listen to mostly. Then of course there is Blues, Jazz, Rock, Classical (never country), sometimes I even listen to metal or hard rock.

Looking forward to your replies once again, truly appreciated your responses the last time! 

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #9,507 of 36,038
I got used to the memory wire. Someone said it's more annoying if you wear glasses, I don't.

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #9,509 of 36,038
Just got my Silver Litz balanced cable for my Pono -> K10.  Very nice improvement.  Bigger SS, more presence everywhere.  Treble has more, piano is more real and drums are more crisp/snappier.  Love it!  These have so much to them they just keep getting better.  

The Eagles, Hotel California 24/192 is so much better.  Santana, Abraxis DSD even more so.  I thought they were too close to tell which sounded better, but now I think DSD has a slight edge.

Always so happy to spend time with these K10's. Better and better.  Would love to hear them with the Chord Hugo!  Wait, no.  I'd hate to. That would probably drive me to sell a kidney...

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #9,510 of 36,038
Just got my Silver Litz balanced cable for my Pono -> K10.  Very nice improvement.  Bigger SS, more presence everywhere.  Treble has more, piano is more real and drums are more crisp/snappier.  Love it!  These have so much to them they just keep getting better.  

The Eagles, Hotel California 24/192 is so much better.  Santana, Abraxis DSD even more so.  I thought they were too close to tell which sounded better, but now I think DSD has a slight edge.

Always so happy to spend time with these K10's. Better and better.  Would love to hear them with the Chord Hugo!  Wait, no.  I'd hate to. That would probably drive me to sell a kidney...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back