Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 31, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #9,436 of 36,038
What about K10 on a girl's ears? Possible? I'm curious if anyone who has ordered any CIEM got rejected because their ears were too small.

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #9,438 of 36,038
With the Ak240, they do sound good and are plenty portable.  With the Hugo- Brilliant.  I have listened to the HUGO with many IEMs so I know what that DAC AMP can bring but I feel my K10s are seeing more amp benefit than say my W60s.  This is above and beyond the obvious DAC benefit.  Owning the K10s, I would get the HUGO first if I could only get one.

Okay so I have an AK240 (which I have yet to listen to through my K10s...darn flight cancellations)–can you explain the differences between the two units and how K10s interact with both?

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #9,440 of 36,038
I don't think I'd be alone in saying this but man would I love to see a mini doc on how prestige ciems are made. Have you or the Wizard ever thought about putting one out? Perhaps that's what the look book is to some degree?

Not sure about a mini-documentary, but there has been some discussion about detailing the Prestige process a little more here on Head-Fi.

The idea behind the lookbook has to do with showing more of our work and allowing people to filter/search for certain options/designs. You will be able to filter by design type (Personal Design, Wizard Design, Prestige), as well as options (ex. Exotic Wood - Buckeye Burl).

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #9,441 of 36,038
Not sure about a mini-documentary, but there has been some discussion about detailing the Prestige process a little more here on Head-Fi.

The idea behind the lookbook has to do with showing more of our work and allowing people to filter/search for certain options/designs. You will be able to filter by design type (Personal Design, Wizard Design, Prestige), as well as options (ex. Exotic Wood - Buckeye Burl).

I was discussing the idea with a redditor whose K10s are on the same shipment and he pointed me toward "making of" videos from UE and 1964 ears. Both were great, but they weren't Noble great. Perhaps an idea for the future?

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #9,442 of 36,038
I was discussing the idea with a redditor whose K10s are on the same shipment and he pointed me toward "making of" videos from UE and 1964 ears. Both were great, but they weren't Noble great. Perhaps an idea for the future?

I think part of the issue with a making of video is that our process involves a lot of people in a lot of different places and it would be difficult (and expensive) to produce a really great video.

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #9,443 of 36,038

I think part of the issue with a making of video is that our process involves a lot of people in a lot of different places and it would be difficult (and expensive) to produce a really great video.

That just adds to how awesome it'd be... I'd watch it :)

I do think the lookbook might be a better idea for now :)

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #9,444 of 36,038
That just adds to how awesome it'd be... I'd watch it :)

I do think the lookbook might be a better idea for now :)

I agree, i think it would it more awesome and put names to faces etc. but then again it is a huge undertaking with all the shipping back and forth. I am really looking forward to the look book and all the gorgeous gorgeous eye candy :)

Question for Brannan: UE keeps molds of all their customers ear impressions. Do you do the same in case I want to purchase another pair in the future? If so, do you keep them indefinitely?

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #9,445 of 36,038
We would all watch it because we own it.  It might have certain appeal to Head Fiers to see how awesome NOBLE is but that may now pay for itself.  I probably would not bother either.  Getting non-head fires into the market is where the money is...don't think a video like t his addresses that.

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #9,446 of 36,038
We would all watch it because we own it.  It might have certain appeal to Head Fiers to see how awesome NOBLE is but that may now pay for itself.  I probably would not bother either.  Getting non-head fires into the market is where the money is...don't think a video like t his addresses that.

But isn't that how Apple does it? Reeling people in with their fancy videos? Take the Apple Watch for example. Just thinking about it right now doesn't compel me to preorder one, but the commercial they made and the different videos showing the process of design and production reeeeally makes me want one instead of a competitors smart watch cuz I see the work they put into making this thing great and hey, it's looks good to boot! Apple always has that "this is how we designed and made our product and this is why it's awesome...our attention to detail yadda yadda" appeal. Obviously Nobles target market isn't everyone like Apple's is, but people looking to choose between different CIEM producers may be persuaded by a fancy video of some sort. Or at least leave a very positive impression which could influence their purchase decision later on.

All this of course is a pipe dream due to, as you mentioned, the fact that we are owners of Noble products and we absolutely would love to see the Wizard work his magic.

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #9,447 of 36,038
But isn't that how Apple does it? Reeling people in with their fancy videos? Take the Apple Watch for example. Just thinking about it right now doesn't compel me to preorder one, but the commercial they made and the different videos showing the process of design and production reeeeally makes me want one instead of a competitors smart watch cuz I see the work they put into making this thing great and hey, it's looks good to boot! Apple always has that "this is how we designed and made our product and this is why it's awesome...our attention to detail yadda yadda" appeal. Obviously Nobles target market isn't everyone like Apple's is, but people looking to choose between different CIEM producers may be persuaded by a fancy video of some sort. Or at least leave a very positive impression which could influence their purchase decision later on.

All this of course is a pipe dream due to, as you mentioned, the fact that we are owners of Noble products and we absolutely would love to see the Wizard work his magic.

I would just hazard a guess that the money Apple spent on the advance promotion of their watches would exceed the gross receipts from Noble for ten years. That's the thing about Apple they have a bottomless pit of money in their war chest. Who can compete with that? They can do things like slick videos that nobody else can do except maybe Microsoft. 

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #9,448 of 36,038
Yeah not the same. Never mind their media buy budget is expansive. Also there is market awareness to an extent for smart phones and even smart watches. Take a look at even free advertising in newspapers. Custom IEMs don't have awareness in mass...the requisite before driving brand preference. I doubt Harvey or an of the custom brands have a couple hundred million to do a a small part of what apple does with consumer marketing. Anyway.... As an owner I would watch it.

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #9,449 of 36,038
Noble is doing a great job of promoting their products right here on this forum. A picture perfect job. Other than attending high end shows not much else they can do. The high end will always appeal to a very small segment of the population willing to spend upwards of $1000 on an audio product. If you look at the comments all over this and other forums Noble has really done a fantastic job of promoting their products at little expense to themselves. Smart very smart.

Apr 1, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #9,450 of 36,038
Noble is doing a great job of promoting their products right here on this forum. A picture perfect job. Other than attending high end shows not much else they can do. The high end will always appeal to a very small segment of the population willing to spend upwards of $1000 on an audio product. If you look at the comments all over this and other forums Noble has really done a fantastic job of promoting their products at little expense to themselves. Smart very smart.

100% agree. Not knocking Noble for not having a "commercial" any kind of video. It would just be so cool to to see the inner workings of Noble as a company, the design process, making CIEMs, etc. not necessarily for promotional purposes. Kinda as a gift to Nobles customers. Not gonna happen, but I liked the idea and I blame my love for those types of things for it. Brennan's weekly glamour shots posts are a highlight of my week...is that bad??

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back