Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 4, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #33,571 of 36,038
I find the noise floor on Falcon Pro is pretty terrible, specifically the demo pair that I've experienced. It's good to know that Fokus Pro conveys more emotions than Falcon. Can't wait.
Zero noise from my falcon pro. I pause music and no noise in background. Good passive noise isolation as well.

Oct 4, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #33,572 of 36,038
Any impression, especially about depth stage? Because I very like Falcon Pro, but for me haven't deep stage.

The Fokus has a noticeably deeper stage than the Falcon models!

Do you think its sound signature is V-shaped? How does it compare to Falcon/Falcon Pro? I was hoping it would be more full-bodied and more natural sounding than Falcon.

I'd say it's more of a W shaped but I'll let Dr John confirm his intentions.

Full-bodied and natural sounding, definitely so. The Falcon was a little too deep of a V shape for me so I know what you mean.

I listened to Fokus Pro at Canjam as well. I own Falcon Pro and Sony xm4. I usually pick xm4 over Falcon Pro as the Sony is more musical and emotional. The Falcon Pro has good detail for a tws, but I find it to lack the emotional response I prefer when I listen. The Fokus takes the best of the Falcon Pro and xm4, IMO and turns it up. Detailed, deep low end, very musical. After 5min, I was sad I had the Falcon Pro. I WANT a pair. Don't need, but man do they sound wonderful.

100% agree. I don't need it but I WANT IT.

Zero noise from my falcon pro. I pause music and no noise in background. Good passive noise isolation as well.

I never got any noise from my Falcons when I owned them either. It's a TWS, not sure why it would have noise floor.

Oct 4, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #33,573 of 36,038
Very thanks for answer @Sebastien. I hope for three weeks I may listening Fokus.

Oct 5, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #33,574 of 36,038
I tested it out for a few minutes because I was auditioning the Zephyr that day, the Falcon Pro wasn't interesting enough to me, so maybe I was wrong about the noise floor.

Oct 5, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #33,575 of 36,038
The Fokus has a noticeably deeper stage than the Falcon models!

I'd say it's more of a W shaped but I'll let Dr John confirm his intentions.

Full-bodied and natural sounding, definitely so. The Falcon was a little too deep of a V shape for me so I know what you mean.

100% agree. I don't need it but I WANT IT.

I never got any noise from my Falcons when I owned them either. It's a TWS, not sure why it would have noise floor.
TWS or any bluetooth headsets could pick up some noise if the drivers are too sensitive and the amplifier's output isn't clear enough. It could be harder to notice on dynamic TWS (falcon 1/2) but since the Pro has two BA drivers, they could bring the noise out, IDK.

Oct 8, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #33,576 of 36,038
Oct 8, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #33,577 of 36,038
Can I ask for Noble user opinions?

Ever since I got into the IEM game I've always been attracted to the Noble Sultan, not based on anything other than some sort of magnet attraction.

My first IEM was Sony Z1R, then I got Thummim, then Odin and finally IE900. I did a full circle and now bought another set of Z1R as nothing touched them for my tastes.

The Odin was terrible. Hugely elevated mids ruined all the other good things about them. I still have the Thummim as they are great but don't have the sub-bass of the Z1R. The IE900 sounded terrible and I had awful fit problems with them.

The Thummim don't get much air-time currently as the Z1R does everything as good but with better sub-bass. The Z1R are heavy though and slip out when walking which is annoying. The Thummim are light and don't have that problem so I kept both for different environments.

Can anyone add anything from a Noble POI with similar experiences? My source is P6 Pro and Cayin C9.

Music tastes are really varied. 80s pop, Parov Stelar, Jamiroquai, Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, Diana Ross, Tamla......

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #33,578 of 36,038

Ever since I got into the IEM game I've always been attracted to the Noble Sultan, not based on anything other than some sort of magnet attraction.

My first IEM was Sony Z1R, then I got Thummim, then Odin and finally IE900. I did a full circle and now bought another set of Z1R as nothing touched them for my tastes.

The Odin was terrible. Hugely elevated mids ruined all the other good things about them. I still have the Thummim as they are great but don't have the sub-bass of the Z1R. The IE900 sounded terrible and I had awful fit problems with them.

The Thummim don't get much air-time currently as the Z1R does everything as good but with better sub-bass. The Z1R are heavy though and slip out when walking which is annoying. The Thummim are light and don't have that problem so I kept both for different environments.

Can anyone add anything from a Noble POI with similar experiences? My source is P6 Pro and Cayin C9.

Music tastes are really varied. 80s pop, Parov Stelar, Jamiroquai, Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, Diana Ross, Tamla......
I have the IER-Z1R and I love it but use the Noble Audio K-10 Encore more. I feel the K-10 Encore has a complementary signature to the IER. Really the two IEMs are total opposites! The IER is technically superior but the Encore has really cool sounding guitar. I mostly listen to metal and OSTs. Maybe it would not be of interest to you to pick-up an aging flagship, instead of the new TOTL; still that’s my story. Many still find an interesting quality about the Encore.

I have somehow adapted to the sound, and it’s been years? I probably got it in 2018? But that can be what happens, you learn to like whatever response your old IEM does and just listen to music. I’ll try to keep it forever?

I’m using the Sony WM1A and WM1Z. MrWalkmans firmware Midnight (for the 1A) (as WM1Z) Normal Mode, Direct Source on. And same with the 1Z, except MrWalkmans One aftermarket firmware. Both in region MX3 and 4.4mm.

https://www.nwmods.ml/?m=1

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #33,579 of 36,038
Where are you based @chrisgtl? If you're kinda close to London I have a pair of Sultan you can have a listen to

If not, I can weigh in with my opinions (although bear in mind I haven't heard the Odin or the IE900)

Oct 9, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #33,581 of 36,038

If you're thinking of getting yourself a pair of Sultans with your history with Z1R, I don't think you and the Sultans would get along very well, except you're looking for a less extensive treble IEM. Judging on the FR of both (crinacle's database), Sultan clearly has less emphasis beyond 10kHz and has elevated sub-bass. Speaking from my experience with both of these, Sultan is smoother, less aggressive, warmer, thicker sounding IEM while Z1R is more energetic, more holographic, cleaner in the bass region. They might share some similarities on the FR below 10kHz but the actual listening could tell these are two different players. A laidback Sultan and a fun Z1R, the choice is yours.

Oct 11, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #33,582 of 36,038
Going way back to my car audio days today

20211011_124311.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 13, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #33,583 of 36,038
K10L day! The Amboyna wood shell is a beauty to see in person. The K10 holds it own extremely well with the big boys of today. Very detailed and balanced and very musical. Great combination for my ears when I get time to escape reality or do paperwork during the work day!

IMG_8825.jpg

Oct 22, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #33,584 of 36,038
So looks like the Fokus pros will be hitting japan during the winter like the falcon pro when they were released last year. Once they come out i'll be giving my impressions on them but if their anything like the falcons in terms of sound quality i'll probably be buying them after i demo them like i did with the falcon pros lol

Oct 24, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #33,585 of 36,038
I received the Fokus Pro on Friday. Haven't had much time with it yet, but based on very initial impressions, I am enjoying the sound of these. I won't really describe the sound in much detail at the moment until I get more ear time, but it sounds quite clear with a bit of a bump in the low end although not as much quantity as I remembered when I first heard it CanJam. I don't really have a wired IEM reference at this price point on me, so I am not sure how it compares directly, but I do think they sound better than Galaxy Buds Plus and Airpods Pros.

Physically, they are a very nice looking TWS and actually very comfortable to wear. The case material and finish feels nice, but it is a bit weird once you open it. The back of the top lid of the case rubs against the case and once the lid is open, it does have a decent amount of wiggle compared to a few other TWS cases that I've seen. It's probably not that big of a deal, but something I noticed. The housing of the Fokus Pro is a bit slippery since it's so smooth so it makes it a bit hard to take in and out especially from the case. It is a real minor thing, but something to note.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back