Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 22, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #33,451 of 36,040
47942745-7CC5-4526-A83F-BE915612237A.jpeg

Jul 22, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #33,452 of 36,040
I am spending A LOT of time with the K10 L. It is amazing how a relationship with an IEM gets more mature over time. I am mid way there to say I have a mature adult relationship with the K10 L :) Based on flawed memory, I would agree that K10 L is warmer than Encore. The two share a ton though. Katana on the other hand is a polar opposite K10 L with the focus on detail and technicality with excellent sub bass.

The Quorum cable is the real deal. It is a warm and spacious cable which I feel works really well with the K10 L. It sounds like a more spacious Loki + or a warmer 1950 or a thicker sounding 1960 2 wire but retains the excellent warmth of the 1960 2 wire.

I am still on track for a full review to be done the first week of August. More time, understanding and then finally comparisons are needed.

Building 4 sets K10 L now.

3 sets of Micarta for Singapore
1 wood for Korea

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 22, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #33,454 of 36,040
Just received Sultan and plugged it in 4.4mm
Of DX220MAX.
Definitely need burnin.. Right now it's very dark SQ....
At least 50 hrs burnin? Advice from anyone?
It's that dark. The bass region is so dominant to the mid and treble range. It has the vibe of the K10 thou its mid isn't as lush as K10's

Jul 23, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #33,455 of 36,040
Just received Sultan and plugged it in 4.4mm
Of DX220MAX.
Definitely need burnin.. Right now it's very dark SQ....
At least 50 hrs burnin? Advice from anyone?
hi how does it compare to khan please

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #33,457 of 36,040
Hopefully after 50 hrs burnin?
i always appreciate first impressions so if you do have some time to tell me about first impression and it compares to khan even without burn in I will really appreciate it

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #33,459 of 36,040
i always appreciate first impressions so if you do have some time to tell me about first impression and it compares to khan even without burn in I will really appreciate it
Hello,
I use the track from Diana Krall Live in Paris version, QUOBUZ.
Song is " I Love Being Here with You ", fast jazz song.

I tried my best to AB
Sultan + DHC Fusion ( UPOCC Copper + UPOCC silver)
Khan + DHC Symbiote SP3 UPOCC silver, braided 8.
Both cables are in 4.4 mm connector.

Introduction is
Sultan has this grainy sound still very veil to my ears. Fan clapping but not really clear, blurry background.
More Subbass heard than Khan, normal bass, but couldn't hear each note clearly from a Double Bass instrument as Khan. Soundstage is a little bit wider and depth compare to Khan.
Sultan Mid is a little dry and grainy still vs Khan being clear and a little forward. Sultan Treble started to open more and airy; however, it does not have that striking or piercing treble like some Khan users described. I can hear more SS sound from Khan than Sultan vocal. Some piano key sound and electric guitar strike you a little bit more from Khan vs Sultan, I believe this is what users called Striking or Piercing....

I guess sub bass is more likely from Noble Audio Signature from K10 to Encore....

Khan, I think, is Noble trying to change to outside of House Signature but I guess Noble fans did not like it? I like it, Khan.....

This is the best I can described right now.
Sultan is only 7 hrs young. Need more burnin.

Hope, this helps a bit with your decision.
I was waiting for the ODIN but finally came back to Sultan.
YOUTUBE, Michael Garage episode, finally gave up Odin for Sultan. Odin might be too much bass for me to handle....

Jul 25, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #33,461 of 36,040
Hello,
I use the track from Diana Krall Live in Paris version, QUOBUZ.
Song is " I Love Being Here with You ", fast jazz song.

I tried my best to AB
Sultan + DHC Fusion ( UPOCC Copper + UPOCC silver)
Khan + DHC Symbiote SP3 UPOCC silver, braided 8.
Both cables are in 4.4 mm connector.

Introduction is
Sultan has this grainy sound still very veil to my ears. Fan clapping but not really clear, blurry background.
More Subbass heard than Khan, normal bass, but couldn't hear each note clearly from a Double Bass instrument as Khan. Soundstage is a little bit wider and depth compare to Khan.
Sultan Mid is a little dry and grainy still vs Khan being clear and a little forward. Sultan Treble started to open more and airy; however, it does not have that striking or piercing treble like some Khan users described. I can hear more SS sound from Khan than Sultan vocal. Some piano key sound and electric guitar strike you a little bit more from Khan vs Sultan, I believe this is what users called Striking or Piercing....

I guess sub bass is more likely from Noble Audio Signature from K10 to Encore....

Khan, I think, is Noble trying to change to outside of House Signature but I guess Noble fans did not like it? I like it, Khan.....

This is the best I can described right now.
Sultan is only 7 hrs young. Need more burnin.

Hope, this helps a bit with your decision.
I was waiting for the ODIN but finally came back to Sultan.
YOUTUBE, Michael Garage episode, finally gave up Odin for Sultan. Odin might be too much bass for me to handle....
thanks so much, i never had an issue with khan highs or being piercing, i am using final type e tips.

Mids to me are among the most important things in an iem, and the khan is detailed and has appropriate body for me

when u mention the sultan mids are a bit grainy that is concern to me, i wish i can audition it, i am sure tips plays a big role in how things are perceived

Jul 25, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #33,462 of 36,040
thanks so much, i never had an issue with khan highs or being piercing, i am using final type e tips.

Mids to me are among the most important things in an iem, and the khan is detailed and has appropriate body for me

when u mention the sultan mids are a bit grainy that is concern to me, i wish i can audition it, i am sure tips plays a big role in how things are perceived
None of my top 4 Noble iems had any chance to audition before purchasing .
From proper reviews from legitimate reviewers then I can make final decision.
Sometimes, we have to take that risk...

Still burnin Sultan but it getting better....
I know, testing the tops as well.
Sultan nozzle is getting pretty hard to get the tip in.....

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #33,463 of 36,040
Kind of surprised to hear the Sultan referred to as dark (in addition to trouble with tips). I had the original Sultan and now the LE (which, for the most part, is the same) and didn't find it dark. Musical with authoritative bass, lush mids and a smooth treble with great extension and not overly sparkly to my ears. Khan, much more treble sparkle and overall a different sound signature. Khan is more fun and has some of the best sub-bass around - it remains my favorite all-rounder IEM that seems to do everything well (compared to Traillii, Mason FS, Noir and Odin). Anyway, just my two cents. I use JVC Spiral Dot++ and they work great for my ears, by the way.

Speaking of Sultan LE, my friend @doctorjuggles was kind enough to create a one of a kind gold-plated silver cable for me and here's a pic below. While the LE comes with a really nice cable already, this is just pure luxury and I sure love the looks of it. He even used black paracord in the center for a darker accent and I cannot stop looking at the combo. Sound-wise, it stays pretty true to a pure silver cable with a touch more warmth and huge sound. Replacing a $1,700 stock cable is pretty silly, but I never claimed to be sane :)

IMG_8051.JPG

-Collin-

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #33,465 of 36,040
Kind of surprised to hear the Sultan referred to as dark (in addition to trouble with tips). I had the original Sultan and now the LE (which, for the most part, is the same) and didn't find it dark. Musical with authoritative bass, lush mids and a smooth treble with great extension and not overly sparkly to my ears. Khan, much more treble sparkle and overall a different sound signature. Khan is more fun and has some of the best sub-bass around - it remains my favorite all-rounder IEM that seems to do everything well (compared to Traillii, Mason FS, Noir and Odin). Anyway, just my two cents. I use JVC Spiral Dot++ and they work great for my ears, by the way.

Speaking of Sultan LE, my friend @doctorjuggles was kind enough to create a one of a kind gold-plated silver cable for me and here's a pic below. While the LE comes with a really nice cable already, this is just pure luxury and I sure love the looks of it. He even used black paracord in the center for a darker accent and I cannot stop looking at the combo. Sound-wise, it stays pretty true to a pure silver cable with a touch more warmth and huge sound. Replacing a $1,700 stock cable is pretty silly, but I never claimed to be sane :)

IMG_8051.JPG

-Collin-
wow that sultan with that cable, stunning, thanks for the info on sultan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back