Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 11, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #31,726 of 36,038
I hear alot of people say k10ua has a fun somewhat forgiving signature but am I the only one who finds it kinda analytical and bright. I dont know about other Noble products but it seems most top iem from noble has this thinn analytical sound as a signature.
I've heard the K10Ua, and I have a custom K10 myself. I would never, in a million years, describe its sound as analytical and/or bright. On the contrary, it's a warm-ish, mid-focused IEM, packed with a heavier low-end presence. Like @Wes S mentioned, it could be a fit issue. Hope you find the right tips. :)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #31,727 of 36,038
I decided to send in my Katana to a third party for a reshell into a CIEM because the universal simply wouldn't fit me and I didn't have the bucks for the prestige treatment

The bass I'd say has remained the standard Katana bass, not much of a change there, but the treble has been elevated significantly compared to the stock universal model. I also got a lot more instrumental separation, detail retrieval and a generally higher level of technicality.

All in all it's a matter of how well the IEMs fit, and the seal that you achieve with universals. Customs will always have a deeper insertion though, and that generally gives you better response on both ends

Also, I realise my Katana isn't original Noble material so to say, as third party reshells can have some adverse effects on the sound, but in my specific case I absolutely loved the end result. Attaching some photos of the ItsFit/Noble Katana :)

Congrats! That's a nice, unique design! It looks a little other-worldly, a bit alien. Very interesting. :)

Dec 11, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #31,728 of 36,038
Would they re-shell a legend x? I thought most re-shelling businesses don’t touch dynamic driver iems
A couple of friends are getting their LX done by itsfit first so I’m going to patiently wait to see how that turned out :)

Congrats! That's a nice, unique design! It looks a little other-worldly, a bit alien. Very interesting. :)
Thanks!!! It is a magma pattern, but the IEMs themselves look a bit more like a meteor. Thinking of doubling down on the alien look for my next set and picking transparent dark green and neon light green on top

Dec 11, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #31,729 of 36,038
A couple of friends are getting their LX done by itsfit first so I’m going to patiently wait to see how that turned out :)

Thanks!!! It is a magma pattern, but the IEMs themselves look a bit more like a meteor. Thinking of doubling down on the alien look for my next set and picking transparent dark green and neon light green on top
Psychedelic! I'm sure it'll be awesome, though.

You're going to reshell your LX, too?

Dec 11, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #31,730 of 36,038
Psychedelic! I'm sure it'll be awesome, though.

You're going to reshell your LX, too?
I’m first going to give it a listen as a universal when it arrives in a few weeks and if I like it enough I’ll send it to itsfit for the custom treatment yes :)

I heard it at a Canjam this summer and really enjoyed it but I’m yet to see how It will hold up over longer listens

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #31,731 of 36,038
20190225_222808.jpg

And back to our regularly scheduled programming!

I thoroughly enjoy my Wizard/Joy Katana!

@SeeSax has a Wizard/Joy Katana that may give mine a little competition!

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #31,732 of 36,038

And back to our regularly scheduled programming!

I thoroughly enjoy my Wizard/Joy Katana!

@SeeSax has a Wizard/Joy Katana that may give mine a little competition!
And combined, make everyone a little envious? :laughing:

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #31,733 of 36,038
@SLC1966 I posted a photo of mine a few pages back, but what the heck:

IMG_1770.JPG

Katana holds a special place in my heart. Speaking of which, it took less time for John and his wife to build it, ship it to the US from Thailand, finish final packaging in Texas and make it to me in California via UPS Ground than it did for ItsFit to lose my IEMs at sea on 11/26. I appreciate that when purchasing from Noble, the shipment does not have to pass through the Bermuda Triangle.

05188b5b4832b353227557bda9d8e882683035-wm.jpg

-Collin-

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #31,734 of 36,038
@SeeSax is that wood you finally have in your life? I mean a wood faceplate?

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #31,735 of 36,038
On another note, my daughter just requested about an hour ago Apple AirPods for Christmas. Oh, what little she knows! A Noble Falcon was just ordered! Too bad she recently moved to San Diego. I will not be able to play with them first!

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #31,738 of 36,038
So, USA customers are dummies????
Air heads?????

US customers don’t buy as many high-end IEMs as their JP/HK/SG/KR counterparts

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #31,739 of 36,038
Limited Eddition (less than 10 made)
Composite metal housing
Khan Universal
Available in Hong Kong[/QUOTE]

Similar to what you showed off at the HKAV show in the summer?
C662685B-D22D-443F-BE23-8DD4C58EADBA.jpeg

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #31,740 of 36,038
So, USA customers are dummies????
Air heads?????

Our distributor ordered them, anyone is welcomed to order prestige IEMs and that information is posted on our website.

Screenshot_20191212-134108_LINE.jpg

It is mostly a matter of time. I travel a lot and I rarely have the time to build a product at this level.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back