Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 17, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #31,471 of 36,039
Something to consider, all ear canals are unique. Not everyone's experience will be the same. My thoughts are, wait until you get your Falcons, test drive them.... and if you want to tip roll after that.... go crazy

I hear you. I’m just looking for options for my other iems as well. I recently got those AZLA ones and I really like them but they don’t work well under earmuffs at work as the earmuffs push on the right iem and close off the sound. Final type E are terrible for this on the K10s for my right ear.
Spiral Dots work better that way but don't make quite as good a seal so I'm always looking for another tip choice.

Nov 17, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #31,472 of 36,039
Damn.

I had the Massdrop x Noble X IEMs, but I was never really able to give them a shot. Fit issues, then the lack of opportunities to use IEMs regularly.
Recently, Massdrop had the Kaiser 10 one sale and I jumped on them for no specific reason other than curiosity.

What a sound. They're VERY pleasant to listen to. My main genre is technical death metal, which is tricky to find IEMs for: typically, treble- and mid-focused units are the key. For example, my Etymotic ER4XRs. Bass just needs to be there and accurate, but not overblown.

I won't say the Kaiser 10s are this. But DAMN. They've really changed the way I think about what an ideal IEM is for me, and also about fit: prior to them, I didn't realize I could even GET a fit from a UIEM which didn't have a small-bore nozzle (e.g. Westone, Etymotics). With foam tips, my horizons broaden significantly, which what I finally tried with the K10s.

This, in turn, made me dust-up my Campfire Audio Atlas to also finally give them a good shot, but the bass on these is just too much. On the K10s, it's sweet. On the Atlas, it's there, and everywhere. Not that these IEMs are comparable in any way whatsoever, but I gave them both a good go recently, so...

I still need to make my mind up on the cable. And I don't like the idea of being 100% reliant on foam tips. But that's the reality of it now for me to get a fit.

I'll continue using the K10s; I have the balanced cable with it, and will soon get the adapter to connect it to my amp at work. I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

Cool! I recently got the Massdrop K10s and I really really like them. That mid/treble response is forward in a very pleasing way as there is enough details to feel like I am sitting closer to the performer, not that the music is just "playing" in my face. Bass, for me, is not too much but there when called for and sometimes surprisingly so for BA bass. I just find these very well balanced with excellent tone and timbre. I like a lot of baroque string instruments and you can clearly hear the subtle differences of the plucked strings.

I tried a Plussound silver+gold cable but it kind of deadened the sound. I seem to like the stock balanced cable for now. One thing I've found though if you plan to swap cables is that the pin holes for Noble iems are tighter than others like my EE. I couldn't get an EA cable to fit. The Plussound cable is tight in the K10s but a bit loose in my Legend X's.

Nov 17, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #31,473 of 36,039
Damn.

I had the Massdrop x Noble X IEMs, but I was never really able to give them a shot. Fit issues, then the lack of opportunities to use IEMs regularly.
Recently, Massdrop had the Kaiser 10 one sale and I jumped on them for no specific reason other than curiosity.

What a sound. They're VERY pleasant to listen to. My main genre is technical death metal, which is tricky to find IEMs for: typically, treble- and mid-focused units are the key. For example, my Etymotic ER4XRs. Bass just needs to be there and accurate, but not overblown.

I won't say the Kaiser 10s are this. But DAMN. They've really changed the way I think about what an ideal IEM is for me, and also about fit: prior to them, I didn't realize I could even GET a fit from a UIEM which didn't have a small-bore nozzle (e.g. Westone, Etymotics). With foam tips, my horizons broaden significantly, which what I finally tried with the K10s.

This, in turn, made me dust-up my Campfire Audio Atlas to also finally give them a good shot, but the bass on these is just too much. On the K10s, it's sweet. On the Atlas, it's there, and everywhere. Not that these IEMs are comparable in any way whatsoever, but I gave them both a good go recently, so...

I still need to make my mind up on the cable. And I don't like the idea of being 100% reliant on foam tips. But that's the reality of it now for me to get a fit.

I'll continue using the K10s; I have the balanced cable with it, and will soon get the adapter to connect it to my amp at work. I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

The K10 are certainly something special. I still use a custom version as my daily driver for commuting and the isolation comfort and sound quality are hard to beat. I guess that is why they were the top rated IEM on Head-Fi for so long (might still be not sure).

Nov 17, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #31,474 of 36,039
The K10 are certainly something special. I still use a custom version as my daily driver for commuting and the isolation comfort and sound quality are hard to beat. I guess that is why they were the top rated IEM on Head-Fi for so long (might still be not sure).

Nice to hear.. The K10s are the first iem that I've seriously considered for getting a custom. The K10s aren't "the best" iem I've heard but are one of the most balanced I've heard and it feels like one I would be happy to have as my constant.

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #31,475 of 36,039
I tried a Plussound silver+gold cable but it kind of deadened the sound. I seem to like the stock balanced cable for now. One thing I've found though if you plan to swap cables is that the pin holes for Noble iems are tighter than others like my EE. I couldn't get an EA cable to fit. The Plussound cable is tight in the K10s but a bit loose in my Legend X's.

Yep! Ditto here; in-fact, on my left-ear IEM, I can't even put the stock cable all the way in! I can on the right ear.
It seems like a weird inconsistency, but it doesn't hurt performance thankfully.

Nov 18, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #31,476 of 36,039
I was listening to my K10s on-the-go today and realized what I was missing: treble.
It's ok when I'm in the office, but when moving about and in the street, I want to have a brighter sound to better hear details at lower volumes.

What would you guys recommend? I love the bass, mids, and fit of the K10s, so I'm hoping another Noble offering may get me close to a brighter K10?

Nov 18, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #31,477 of 36,039
Encore/Katana/Khan

Nov 18, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #31,478 of 36,039
Encore/Katana/Khan

The Khan has incredibl treble. I love them for me they are the closest I can get to my Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC on the go.

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #31,479 of 36,039
I was listening to my K10s on-the-go today and realized what I was missing: treble.
It's ok when I'm in the office, but when moving about and in the street, I want to have a brighter sound to better hear details at lower volumes.

What would you guys recommend? I love the bass, mids, and fit of the K10s, so I'm hoping another Noble offering may get me close to a brighter K10?

I don't recall the Katana having much more by way of the treble than the K10.. I would say the Encore does though as I didn't find them as mid focussed as the K10. I'm going by memory but I remember the Encore having a little more at both ends.

What is the source you're using. I have my K10s running balanced from my iphone8 through an ES100 and I don't feel there is a lack of treble and I'm an old fart. Could be preferences though but it might be the source or if you aren't running balanced.
I tried my Savants recently straight out of my iphone8 with a dongle I just bought and it didn't have much of the detail and presence that I notice with the balanced/ES100 pairing and kept feeling like I would have to turn up the volume.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #31,480 of 36,039
It probably is

Currently there is an

8 mm
10mm
13mm

Offered with this type of tech

We know there's a 10mm Dynamic in the M3, clr the new driver, will you share what size it is?

Nov 19, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #31,482 of 36,039

Definitely sounds like you should be getting a Khan, they have a good kick down low like the K10 but have a significantly lifted treble in comparison. They are much more crisp and spacious than the K10.

Nov 19, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #31,484 of 36,039
clr = what about. Sorry I didn't catch that typo. Between thumbs on a tablet and androids spellchecker that's what we got. Anyway the M3 has a 10mm Dynamic + this new ABM driver and you had said there's an 8, 10 & 13mm variant just curious which one or what size is the ABM in the M3. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back